RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nancy on the Shock at No. 4 and 40-story Charles Barkleys
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/26/08 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tell me this is just banter and you're not discussing a deal involving NY *and* Detroit? I mean, seriously...

PostPosted: 02/26/08 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Tell me this is just banter and you're not discussing a deal involving NY *and* Detroit? I mean, seriously...

I'm just spitballing. My first inclination was #4 and #11 for #7 and Christon. I doubt the Lib would do it, though.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the contingency that Wiggins is available is too iffy for anyone to make a deal prior to the draft. I would anticipate that if Wiggins is the prize any team is after, they will first have to make certain that Minnesota is not selecting her or deal with Minnesota directly.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
I think the contingency that Wiggins is available is too iffy for anyone to make a deal prior to the draft. I would anticipate that if Wiggins is the prize any team is after, they will first have to make certain that Minnesota is not selecting her or deal with Minnesota directly.

Which is exactly why I hope the Lib staff will take Blaze's phone off the hook for when SFO comes calling.

DTP

PostPosted: 02/26/08 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

I'm just spitballing. My first inclination was #4 and #11 for #7 and Christon. I doubt the Lib would do it, though.

Uh nah, Christon can stay where she is or at least away from Detroit.

PistonShockFan0318

PostPosted: 02/26/08 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as I've said before I wouldn't be surprised if SFO trades the #4 for a veteran all star. I'm sure there are a lot of teams out there that would love the #4 pick in this draft. And would trade for it.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chicago might be tempted, they have many holes to fill, and the one big piece is more useful to Detroit than the two smaller ones.

Just curious, but what holes do you think need to be filled?

PostPosted: 02/26/08 8:10 pm    ::: Re: Nancy on the Shock at No. 4 and 40-story Charles Barkley Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
This was pretty funny to read:

Quote:
Who do you see as being the best non-rookie newcomer to the WNBA in 2008? A foreign player? A formerly drafted player who will finally make a team and make a difference?
-Tony, Albuquerque

Well, Sandrine Gruda could come to Connecticut and play a solid role this season, but I've got a sleeper for you.

Her name is Jelena Skerovic, she's from Montenegro and she's playing at Wisla Can Pack in Poland this winter. She's the one who Elaine Powell belted a few years back. She's up-tempo, she's only 27 and I think she could add a lot to whoever signs her.

I don't know why she mentioned it. It doesn't have an influence on her abilities. We all know that pissing off EP is not a hard thing.

Your comments are very funny, but it doesn't change that Jelena is great PG. Year by year she plays better basketball and she deserves to play in WNBA.

gpark33

PostPosted: 02/26/08 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it will be interesting to see what the #4 ultimately lands. I feel like I am following the "one red paper clip" path all over again.

So to recap so far...

#4 and Hodges for Izi and #8
#4 for Swin

What's next and what's the record for how many time a single pick has been traded?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/26/08 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago might be tempted, they have many holes to fill, and the one big piece is more useful to Detroit than the two smaller ones.

They need a point guard, a center, another reliable outside shooter (especially if Dales actually retires), and more depth on the wing.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
pilight wrote:

They need a point guard, a center, another reliable outside shooter (especially if Dales actually retires), and more depth on the wing.

And while it would obviously be a natural side-effect if they got some of those things, they also need depth. You don't need much depth in this league, but you need some, especially if your good players aren't truly elite players. Chicago are probably going to have six players this season that I would call 'good' or better. No one else on the roster should be playing more than 5 or 10 backup minutes for anybody, and they've only got a couple of those.

ETA: Still don't think they'll give up the #2 pick for anything (except theoretically to move up to the #1).

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/26/08 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
pilight wrote:

They need a (A)point guard, (B) a center, (C) another reliable outside shooter (especially if Dales actually retires), (D) and more depth on the wing.

(A) I think Dom has done a good job at point thus far. She's not a natural point guard, but she seems to be running out team well. Plus, she's a vet. How many expansion teams get a veteran of her calibre in just their second year? I think we could use another back up though. Maybe we can hopefully get Franklin or White in the third round. With so many solid players this season, some players are bound to drop to the third. If not, maybe try to work out a trade to get Sharp from Indy or Derevjanik from Phoenix.

(B) Fowles, Sylvia.

(C) I agree here. Wyckoff has slowed offensively, but is still such a tough player, so we need her nonetheless. Coggins and Raymond will likely not stay. Someone like Svet Abrosimova would be nice here, though I doubt we'll get her. I know the Sky will heavily pursue DePaul standout Allie Quigley. I feel she'll be an excellent shooter in the WNBA.

(D) With Dales, Wyckoff and possibly Dupree, I think we're fine at the wing.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
(D) With Dales, Wyckoff and possibly Dupree, I think we're fine at the wing.

Haha. Dales is probably gone, Wyckoff is one of the most bizarrely overrated role players in the league and Dupree's a four.

You need to remember that Chicago finished last in the East last season, behind a bunch of teams that had problems and issues all year long, and there were reasons for that. Upgrades are still necessary and third-round pick rookie point-guards aren't going to do it.

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/26/08 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You need to remember that Chicago finished last in the East last season, behind a bunch of teams that had problems and issues all year long, and there were reasons for that. Upgrades are still necessary and third-round pick rookie point-guards aren't going to do it.

We only finished two games behind the fourth place team, New York. I know there are upgrades to be had, but some people are acting as if we need more drastic changes than we really do. Oh well. That's why the play the games. And no, we won't be trading down the pick, sorry. Bo was in Baton Rouge last night and witnessed Fowles dominating UCONN in the paint. If he trades the pick, he needs to be fired. He's not that stupid.

PostPosted: 02/26/08 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

We only finished two games behind the fourth place team, New York. I know there are upgrades to be had, but some people are acting as if we need more drastic changes than we really do. Oh well. That's why the play the games. And no, we won't be trading down the pick, sorry. Bo was in Baton Rouge last night and witnessed Fowles dominating UCONN in the paint. If he trades the pick, he needs to be fired. He's not that stupid.

Remember, teams are going to be thinner this year because of the Olympics and expansion. Chicago didn't lose much in the expansion draft, they don't really depend on any foreign players, and they are young and therefore hopefully improving... Big Syl will make an impact right away on both ends of the floor, so they are in not such bad shape. Richyyy, you might be right about them needing a wing though.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/26/08 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
What are Atlanta or New York going to give SFO that he'd want while trading down?

Davenport? That would free him to take Hornbuckle.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahaha.

Big sweet Jess who we can't even get to be tough enough to be a Libkid… as a Bad Girl… bahahahahahaahahaha, yeah, that'd work about as well as Vanessa Hayden in Paul Ball.

Thanks, pilight, I needed that.

PostPosted: 02/27/08 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol I even had to laugh at that Davenport one. We'll take Tiffany Jackson though! She looks like she could have some Bad Girl in her...

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 02/27/08 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

...Wyckoff is one of the most bizarrely overrated role players in the league...

One shot sure does go a long way...

PostPosted: 02/27/08 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:

If Minny pretty much JUST needs post players, they should totally trade #3 for the 2 Lib picks.

How about the #3 pick for McCarville?

gpark33

PostPosted: 02/27/08 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
gpark33 wrote:

If Minny pretty much JUST needs post players, they should totally trade #3 for the 2 Lib picks.

No.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/27/08 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
gpark33 wrote:

Seconding the nos on that one. Although a couple of us were tossing around Cathrine Kraayeveld and the Liberty's two first-rounders for the #3 and a point guard of Minnesota's choice, if only because I'd want to see something concrete for giving up a starter and two first-round draft picks, and I could deal with pretty much any of the Lynx guards as Loree's backup.

PostPosted: 02/27/08 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Seconding the nos on that one. Although a couple of us were tossing around Cathrine Kraayeveld and the Liberty's two first-rounders for the #3 and a point guard of Minnesota's choice, if only because I'd want to see something concrete for giving up a starter and two first-round draft picks, and I could deal with pretty much any of the Lynx guards as Loree's backup.

First, you'd have to get their GM drunk to convince him Kraay is a post player. Wink

PostPosted: 02/27/08 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is J-Mac even worth the 3? She had one good year.

PostPosted: 02/27/08 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Is J-Mac even worth the 3? She had one good year.

One could simply argue that that is one more good year than the #3 pick has had in the WNBA. But also considering the polish on J-Mac's offensive game and the swagger that she adds to the Lib, it isn't even worthy of mentioning. If you even go by the projections on your WNBA draft site, it sounds like any of the post players below the 2nd pick have enough question marks that their long term prospects of being as good or better than J-Mac seem unlikely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: