RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2024 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/09/23 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
There's little to no money in WNBA basketball. Reese is pulling in about a million $ per year, in school. Bigger market for clothing, shoes, advertisements and other products.

The schools make money too and the donors contribute to the schools to get and keep the great players. Politics, big business, media, local businesses etc. make hay from the player's notoriety in college not the pros.

There's no money in the pros because 90% of the people don't even recognize the game, the vast majority of the players and are tired of the activist and political games.

Even Mulkey is getting an extended years contract for more $.

Reese, Bueckers, Clark, etc. etc. are selling all over the US and abroad.

LSU has a gravy train now and will have it for years.

Why leave the gravy train and give up the million $ for anonymity and peanut shells before you have to.
College athletes should become professional students. They can graduate when they turn 65.

PostPosted: 09/09/23 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
There's little to no money in WNBA basketball. Reese is pulling in about a million $ per year, in school. Bigger market for clothing, shoes, advertisements and other products.

The schools make money too and the donors contribute to the schools to get and keep the great players. Politics, big business, media, local businesses etc. make hay from the player's notoriety in college not the pros.

There's no money in the pros because 90% of the people don't even recognize the game, the vast majority of the players and are tired of the activist and political games.

Even Mulkey is getting an extended years contract for more $.

Reese, Bueckers, Clark, etc. etc. are selling all over the US and abroad.

LSU has a gravy train now and will have it for years.

Why leave the gravy train and give up the million $ for anonymity and peanut shells before you have to.
College athletes should become professional students. They can graduate when they turn 65.

PostPosted: 09/09/23 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope everyone comes out but won’t be shocked if Reese and/or Bueckers use their 5th year.

I will include them in all mocks until we know for sure.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/09/23 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With that said let’s see how wrong I am

1. Indy Clark (Clark/Boston yes please)
2. PX Bueckers (seems like the perfect replacement for Taurasi)
3. LA Brink (Stanford connection with the Ogwumike’s, Miller will like her)
4. Seattle Cardosa (all star front court with Magbegor in a couple of years)
5. Dallas from chi R. Jackson (Jackson could sneak into lottery but fits great as a bench player in A deep Dallas contender behind Sabally and Howard)
6. Wash Edwards (they need a PF to replace Hines-Allen and pair with Austin in post EDD years)
7. Atlanta Reese (I would take her higher probably with LA’s pick, but Reese/Howard seems cool and Atlanta needs another polarizing Angel)
8. Dallas C. Taylor (with Soares waiting in the wings and having already drafted Jackson Dallas goes perimeter 3 and d glue player with maturity instead of post)
9. Minn Kitley (Minn need a true post to build with Collier and McBride)
10. Conn C. Osborne (perimeter scoring fits assuming B. Jones is back next year)
11. NY J. Sheldon (NY needs perimeter defense size and shooting and it’s an Olympic years so how much will we see Johannes)
12. LA from LV M. Holmes (La needs to add a wing she seems the best left)

I am sure I forgot someone but good for now

mannman

PostPosted: 09/09/23 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
With that said let’s see how wrong I am

1. Indy Clark (Clark/Boston yes please)
2. PX Bueckers (seems like the perfect replacement for Taurasi)
3. LA Brink (Stanford connection with the Ogwumike’s, Miller will like her)
4. Seattle Cardosa (all star front court with Magbegor in a couple of years)
5. Dallas from chi R. Jackson (Jackson could sneak into lottery but fits great as a bench player in A deep Dallas contender behind Sabally and Howard)
6. Wash Edwards (they need a PF to replace Hines-Allen and pair with Austin in post EDD years)
7. Atlanta Reese (I would take her higher probably with LA’s pick, but Reese/Howard seems cool and Atlanta needs another polarizing Angel)
8. Dallas C. Taylor (with Soares waiting in the wings and having already drafted Jackson Dallas goes perimeter 3 and d glue player with maturity instead of post)
9. Minn Kitley (Minn need a true post to build with Collier and McBride)
10. Conn C. Osborne (perimeter scoring fits assuming B. Jones is back next year)
11. NY J. Sheldon (NY needs perimeter defense size and shooting and it’s an Olympic years so how much will we see Johannes)
12. LA from LV M. Holmes (La needs to add a wing she seems the best left)

I am sure I forgot someone but good for now

Minnie has Dorka with Maia H. coming next year. I think a PG is more likely.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/09/23 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They are thin at PG but couldn’t figure out who would be a good fit now that they’ve missed out on lottery Clark and Bueckers, maybe Sheldon but wanted her for NY, Van Lith? Convert Osborne? Muhl From Conn? Maybe D. Johnson? I still think they need one more post and could go PG shopping in free agency.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/10/23 2:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Reese as a player but we need a point guard.

PostPosted: 09/10/23 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Q: are there coin flips in store for the 19-21 teams or are they set based on playoff seeding?

~lw3

pilight

PostPosted: 09/10/23 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
Q: are there coin flips in store for the 19-21 teams or are they set based on playoff seeding?

~lw3

They should be set on playoff seeding

PostPosted: 09/11/23 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of all 3 Reese , Beuckers & Clark ...Angel is the most certain to enter the upcoming draft more so than the other 2 based off her own comment's and word of mouth down south. She definitely has time to change her mind , but she won the Nati , become an overnight women's basketball phenom and has the bank account to match. Money sometimes does not matter to players her caliber they have it already .

PostPosted: 09/11/23 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:

~lw3

There's criteria available.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/11/23 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I hope everyone comes out but won’t be shocked if Reese and/or Bueckers use their 5th year.

I hope Paige comes back. She's essentially played 1.5 years of college basketball, she's making a ton of money and I think she has a better likelihood of going #1 in 2025 than she does in 2024.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/12/23 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I hope Paige comes back. She's essentially played 1.5 years of college basketball, she's making a ton of money and I think she has a better likelihood of going #1 in 2025 than she does in 2024.

Her #1 likelihood continues to drop as she's gotten the moniquer of "Injury Prone" to WNBA Gm's around the league rn. If Money and the Nati are the most important things of paige's future i pray she stays healthy because the W has a short stick for player's who have had multiple injuries in high school/ college. If anything UCONN should take a page no pun out of Stanford and ND's playbook and stop announcing the injuries as that effect's their stock immediately once put out .

PostPosted: 09/14/23 4:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This video was produced on July 29, so his prediction on lottery odds were off, but he does some pretty good research on other stuff.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ewJ-TU46rg?si=zE7n0tym8AtpY4cn" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/14/23 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/23 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So last night we learned Azzi fudd is eligible for this draft as well . I hope she stays another year . She needs to become more aggressive hunting for her shot.

PostPosted: 09/14/23 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So last night we learned Azzi fudd is eligible for this draft as well . I hope she stays another year . She needs to become more aggressive hunting for her shot.

That's right; she'll be 22 on November 11 in the year of the 2024 draft.

If UConn's starting lineup is Bueckers, Fudd, Edwards, Muhl and Griffin, as I expect as of now, that entire lineup will be draft eligible and possibly gone from Storrs in eight months.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/23 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m going to be keeping a watchful eye on this fifth year grad student.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/14/23 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

She has to show me that she is the second coming of Chelsea Gray to make me into a believer.

PostPosted: 09/14/23 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

CO-SIGN

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/23 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My eyes will be on Ayoka Lee's recovery after injury . She was a projected lottery pick and i feel people may have forgotten her now with Cardoso being apart of this draft as well . Not sure why she's not listed as a lottery pick id take her before Reese and Brink imo Cardoso will be the first post All star from this class.

PostPosted: 09/15/23 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Owusu looks good in this photo - like she's taken off about 20 excess pounds. Good for her. Yes, it will be interesting to see how she melds with a new crew at PSU.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/16/23 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This will either be one hell of a draft or piss poor while 2025 become the generational draft if everyone returns for another year.

PostPosted: 09/16/23 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Owusu looks good in this photo - like she's taken off about 20 excess pounds. Good for her. Yes, it will be interesting to see how she melds with a new crew at PSU.

I was thinking the same thing, myrtle. Definitely looking more fit. Will be cool to see what she can do at Penn State and see if she bounces back into the W conversation. And it’s been a minute since Penn State’s been any good….

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/16/23 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If UConn's starting lineup is Bueckers, Fudd, Edwards, Muhl and Griffin, as I expect as of now, that entire lineup will be draft eligible and possibly gone from Storrs in eight months.

do mühl and edwards have eligibility to stay or only paige does because of last years ACL?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/16/23 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

do mühl and edwards have eligibility to stay or only paige does because of last years ACL?

I believe Muhl and Edwards have a Covid year, Griffin and Bueckers have a Covid and/or injury redshirt year, and Fudd has a regular senior year. So, all could stay or all could go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: