Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/22 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I agree with all those points

I guess I am just saying I am not sure this team is as bad as people think or maybe that it needs to be. I mean it might be, but I could see it surprising some people and some teams

They might win 10-12 games. They're bad enough to be in the lottery. The rest is fate.

PostPosted: 04/14/22 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indeed, the rest is fate. One must be careful this year when it comes to assuming this team will have really good Lottery odds.

—There’s an actual non-interim head coach now (and presumably an actual system as well).
—The team’s former best player/young star PG is no longer just sitting on the roster suspended.
—Despite all that, the team still won 8 games (out of 32) avoided finishing 12th. 36 games this year…
—Y’all have a #1 Pick on the roster again, and she could end up taking the team beyond pre-season expectations. How far? Hard to sayyyy.
—The post-Tamika Catchings (as a player) Indiana Fever continue to exist, and if three other teams get hit hard by the injury/absence bug… Embarassed

That’s why we play the games though! Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/22 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta Dream waived Khaalia Hillsman.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/23/22 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone got any waiver wire ideas for this team? They'll likely be the most active team hustlin' and bustlin' when the time comes for teams to finalize their rosters.

PG: Wheeler/McDonald
SG: Hayes
SF: RHoward/Coffey/Walker
PF: Billings/Hillmon
C: CheyParker/Vaughn

Just 10 listed above.
Imo there aren't any other intriguing players currently in the Dream's Training Camp who they should seriously consider keeping. Maybe they will, but they could just as easily not.
I also think they could easily cut Vaughn or Walker if either one isn't impressing/fitting in. Ditto Hillmon if she really isn't catching on, but something tells me she's in no real danger of getting the axe.
I, for one, would like to see them get creative as possible in this category and try to out-tank the Fever. Twisted Evil Make it into a real two-horse race to the Top of the Bottom. #CrownHer 👑

pilight

PostPosted: 04/23/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream waive Que Morrison

PostPosted: 04/23/22 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the perimeter I would pick up any of

Evans, jaz Jones, Guirantes, Dungee, Gorecki , pointer, Henderson, Westbrook Carleton, Banham, Kea,, Charles or Carrington

Posts maybe
Mompremier, cox walker, Cunane , shook Nelson-ododa, Holmes, IMS

SPD

PostPosted: 04/24/22 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In today's pre-season game with the Mystics, Maya Caldwell started for the Dream. In 19 minutes, Maya had 9 points on 3 of 6 shooting with 1 three pointer and 2 for 2 from the line. She had 4 boards, 4 assists and one foul and a +/- of 24!

hoopmom

PostPosted: 04/24/22 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was surprised when she started and thrilled that she did as well as she did. I was also wondering about the potential of Wallace since she shot so well.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/22 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dreaming Big In Atlanta

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/04/25/In-Depth/WNBA.aspx

Quote:
Inside the market, those who haven’t heard of the Dream may actually be more open to a sales pitch than those who have. “They have a cloud over the brand,” says Steve Koonin, the CEO of the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. “How fast they get that cloud to run away, we’ll see. But there’s no doubt there was extraordinary damage done to the brand by the last group.”

How can the new owners mitigate that? The first step is identifying their customers. “I inherited a team that literally had no idea who their fan base was,” Shaw Parker says. “And what does Marketing 101 tell you? You’ve got to listen. You’ve got to do your research.”

PostPosted: 04/25/22 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that they only have 14 in camp so only two cuts have to be made...though it wouldn't be surprising for three cuts and picking someone up off waivers.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/25/22 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Interesting that they only have 14 in camp so only two cuts have to be made...though it wouldn't be surprising for three cuts and picking someone up off waivers.

N'Dea Jones gone today so 13 now. And yeah, you have to imagine they're keeping an eye on cuts elsewhere (or even trades to jump to the front of the queue if necessary). I always want a few vets around to teach the kids how to play and act but, for example, wouldn't a look at what Nelson-Ododa or Maley or Cox or Davis/Carleton or Cunane can offer be worth more to them than Vaughn?

PostPosted: 04/25/22 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

N'Dea Jones gone today so 13 now. And yeah, you have to imagine they're keeping an eye on cuts elsewhere (or even trades to jump to the front of the queue if necessary). I always want a few vets around to teach the kids how to play and act but, for example, wouldn't a look at what Nelson-Ododa or Maley or Cox or Davis/Carleton or Cunane can offer be worth more to them than Vaughn?

Cheaper contracts.💵

PostPosted: 04/27/22 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream waive Jaylyn Agnew

PostPosted: 04/27/22 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dream waive Jaylyn Agnew

Not a tough call there.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/28/22 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy Maya Caldwell (Georgia) made the cut

PostPosted: 05/05/22 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bally Sports to Televise Record Number of Home and Away Dream Games in Atlanta Market

https://dream.wnba.com/news/bally-sports-to-televise-record-number-of-home-and-away-dream-games-in-atlanta-market/

Quote:
Bally Sports will host 35 of the team’s 36 regular season games on its networks – the most locally televised games in Atlanta Dream history.

PostPosted: 05/05/22 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/status/1522251611514413059?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1522251611514413059%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Quote:
BREAKING: WNBA #1 pick Rhyne Howard of the Atlanta Dream has signed a multi-year shoe deal with Jordan Brand.

Alright now Rhyne !!! Jordan says Hello Cool Cool

PostPosted: 05/06/22 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream pick up Beatrice Mompremier.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/08/22 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can confirm the Atlanta Dream have acquired AD from the New York Liberty in exchange for Megan Walker and the rights to Raquel Carrera.

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1534608955887919105

Shocked Cool

pilight

PostPosted: 06/08/22 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durr played high school ball in Atlanta

PostPosted: 06/08/22 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She also was an actress for the Dream in a commercial for their inaugural season

https://twitter.com/utcoachsam/status/927198671506165760?s=21&t=ORABAeEHx2wGJWUgzipd2A

PostPosted: 06/08/22 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So how badly was Erica Wheeler injured? How long is Tiffany Hayes supposed to be out? If either was short term, they wouldn't have traded for Durr. They could always have Wallace back up at PG, even Howard in a pinch.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/09/22 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta Dream Announces Emory Healthcare as Franchise’s First-Ever Marquee Jersey Partner

https://dream.wnba.com/news/wnbas-atlanta-dream-announces-emory-healthcare-as-franchises-first-ever-marquee-jersey-partner/

PostPosted: 06/09/22 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Atlanta Dream Announces Emory Healthcare as Franchise’s First-Ever Marquee Jersey Partner

https://dream.wnba.com/news/wnbas-atlanta-dream-announces-emory-healthcare-as-franchises-first-ever-marquee-jersey-partner/

I can't believe they couldn't get Coke or Delta? C'mon Atlanta!

Good for them though.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/10/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Khristina/status/1535050831250132992?s=20&t=YTc8nMws6W_F0f7pOZ4IyA

Per Khristina Williams on Twitter:
Erica Wheeler has been diagnosed with a sprain in her left foot, the Atlanta Dream announced.

Wheeler sustained the injury in the first quarter of the Dream’s game at Seattle on Tuesday night.

Another tweet follows that sentence up with "She underwent imaging in Seattle following the game. Her status will be updated as appropriate."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: