RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 09/11/21 4:03 pm    ::: Atlanta Dream 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Officially out of the playoffs, so it's time to consider what happens next? What should happen?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/11/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do you solve a problem like Atlanta?

I don't know if it is humanly possible for Atlanta to foster a successful organization.

Good luck. I'd love to see Atlanta get it together because I do think it's important to have a flagship team in the south.

Make it work.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/11/21 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blow it up! Charlton Heston.

PostPosted: 09/12/21 1:03 am    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
What should happen?

Just spitballing here...

—Trade Carter (comin' in hot!) for a 2022 1RP + 2023 1RP
—Re-sign Billings, Bradford, and only one of Hayes & CWill (let the rest walk)
—Call up free agent McCoughtry "just to say hi"
—Sign a vet backup PG... or, ugh, fine, you can re-sign Sims for cheap but only if she's open to coming off the bench!
—Sign a free agent SF away from the Sky to a max or near-max deal in a clear overpay since they won't be keeping both anyway (though there are some other interesting SF options available coming from other teams that probably won't cost that much)
—Sign some other rando free agent perimeter player just because you can
—Use your lottery pick to draft a post player
—Use the other 1RP you got in the Carter trade to draft a guard to eventually play alongside McDonald (whose time has come to see if she'll sink or swim as starting PG)

PG: McDonald (@the next Dream HC: pls commit to this if literally nothing else here) / Sims or some other vet
SG: CWill or Hayes / Let's be honest: probably Dietrick / your other 1RP
SF: Copper or a DeShields homecoming / Bradford (and no, Bradford's not the answer to the starting SF spot)
PF: Billings / Hawkins, I suppose (though her salary's not guaranteed – cut her & see if you can sign away another former Mystic forward; this is a good year to do so!)
C: Parker / lottery pick

BTW: If anyone has any better ideas as to what Carter's trade value is, now's the time to offer 'em up...

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/12/21 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, a brick shooting DeShields would be a great addition to the Atlanta Dream. She will blend in quite well.

PostPosted: 09/12/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
How do you solve a problem like Atlanta?

I don't know if it is humanly possible for Atlanta to foster a successful organization.

Good luck. I'd love to see Atlanta get it together because I do think it's important to have a flagship team in the south.

Make it work.

Atlanta has a losing record over their history, but they have played in the WNBA finals 3 times and have made the playoffs a majority of the time. If you are referring to attendence, that is probably true. Seems they have always been among the league leaders in empty seats.

Last edited by tfan on 09/12/21 10:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/12/21 8:44 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

BTW: If anyone has any better ideas as to what Carter's trade value is, now's the time to offer 'em up...

I dunno if 'better', but if I'm Dallas, I would offer my 1st round pick (not LA's) and maybe something as a sweetener. Give 'em MoJeff or Ty Harris if you can Laughing

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/12/21 10:17 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2022 Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I dunno if 'better', but if I'm Dallas, I would offer my 1st round pick (not LA's) and maybe something as a sweetener. Give 'em MoJeff or Ty Harris if you can Laughing

2 & 3rd round picks + Ty Harris

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/12/21 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rebuild around Carter and this years lottery pick (Howard, Smith or Austin)

Core and trade C. Williams (maybe to Chicago for one of their SFs Copper or Deshields. Williams can replace Quigley when she and Sloot go to Seattle to replace Bird if she retires or maybe to LA for Sykes or Cooper and something or try and get something from Indy like Vivians and the 1st round pick they got from Minn or Breland and the 1st round pick if you want some veteran leadership or hell just the 1st round pick)

maybe re-sign Sims and Hayes if the price is right

(if you are thinking more win now try and sign MHA away from the Mystics
or Folwes away from Minny)

Carter/McDonald
Hayes/Sims
(Deshields, Copper or Sykes)/Bradford
(Howard, Smith or Austin)/Billings
Ch. Parker

figure out the rest later

All of the above stuff is secondary to the idea of rebuilding around Carter and 2021 lottery pick. Carter pairs nicely with all of the top pick in 21. In the long run I think this is the better move for Atlanta (obviously Carter will need to show some kind of positive reform but that still seems within the realm of possibility).

Now if Carter demands a trade or Atl refuses to move forward with her I could see Chennedy in LA, for what who knows?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/12/21 11:37 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2022 Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Sooooo three bags of chips? Or maybe one jumbo bag but most of the space on the inside is just air? Confused

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/13/21 3:36 am    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Sooooo three bags of chips? Or maybe one jumbo bag but most of the space on the inside is just air? Confused

LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/13/21 3:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Rebuild around Carter and this years lottery pick (Howard, Smith or Austin)

Core and trade C. Williams (maybe to Chicago for one of their SFs Copper or Deshields. Williams can replace Quigley when she and Sloot go to Seattle to replace Bird if she retires or maybe to LA for Sykes or Cooper and something or try and get something from Indy like Vivians and the 1st round pick they got from Minn or Breland and the 1st round pick if you want some veteran leadership or hell just the 1st round pick)

maybe re-sign Sims and Hayes if the price is right

(if you are thinking more win now try and sign MHA away from the Mystics
or Folwes away from Minny)

Carter/McDonald
Hayes/Sims
(Deshields, Copper or Sykes)/Bradford
(Howard, Smith or Austin)/Billings
Ch. Parker

figure out the rest later

All of the above stuff is secondary to the idea of rebuilding around Carter and 2021 lottery pick. Carter pairs nicely with all of the top pick in 21. In the long run I think this is the better move for Atlanta (obviously Carter will need to show some kind of positive reform but that still seems within the realm of possibility).

Now if Carter demands a trade or Atl refuses to move forward with her I could see Chennedy in LA, for what who knows?

I don't see Sykes coming back to Atlanta the way she frequently talks about her fascination with being in Los Angeles!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Chennedy Carter, Odyssey Sims, and Aari McDonald, Atlanta has too many ball-dominant purported point guards who can be inefficient volume sheets and inconsistent from three.

Of the there, Carter is the best player. She could be a major trip in a trade. But she is also the player around whom Atlanta can build, assuming the coaches, front office, and player are all on the same page.

Courtney Williams has filled in admirably as a scorer and facilitator, putting up 16.6 / 6.8 / 4.2. But can she and Carter co-exist? And can Carter's potentially negative impact on the locker room be rectified?

In addition, Atlanta needs major help in the post. Monique Billings has made a lot of progress in her four seasons, but she still needs an outside shot (extending her range to three) when paired with Elizabeth Williams. The two lack the shooting range necessary to diversify the offense, leaving defenders able to focus on the other three players for outside shooting -- and Carter (and Sims and McDonald) are inconsistent at best from distance. Billings' top priority this offseason is working on her outside shot.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lso, check the contractual status of the roster (Richyyy can correct me if I am wrong):

Billings: Restricted Free Agent
    Bradford: Restricted Free Agent
    Hayes: Unrestricted Free Agent
    Sims: Unrestricted Free Agent
    Stricklen: Unrestricted Free Agent
    C. Williams: Unrestricted Free Agent
    E. Williams: Unrestricted Free Agent

There is a lot of money to play with -- but also lots of decisions to be made.

As an aside, Cheyenne Parker is signed for $190,550 while Tianna Hawkins is signed for $144,200 in 2022. But only Parker's contract is guaranteed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
lso, check the contractual status of the roster (Richyyy can correct me if I am wrong):

As an aside, Cheyenne Parker is signed for $190,550 while Tianna Hawkins is signed for $144,200 in 2022. But only Parker's contract is guaranteed.

I think Hayes leaves for elsewhere . It's not her team anymore , i dont have any info just a hunch .She's paid her dues in ATL . Would like to see her go somewhere like Seattle next season . Carter coming to Dallas i would not touch with a ten foot pole. She has yet to play a full professional season anywhere . Hurt last season , Left overseas team after 1 month and suspended the 2nd half of the season this year. Arike & Carter would not be a good fit together IMO.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Hayes is back on a big number.

Hopefully Carter will sort herself out. This was a .500 team when she played. Get some decent front court players and find a way to screw her head on straight and the team might have something.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
    Bradford: Reserved Player
    Dietrick: Unrestricted Free Agent
    Dupree: Unrestricted Free Agent

Only meaningful correction is that Bradford is Reserved, according to Richyyy's salary cap chart. It would be good news for the Dream that she can't just walk elsewhere, though it doesn't mean the Dream can't accept offers for her if there were any bidders...

I personally don't like the concept of both CWill and Hayes on this team for max monies. I think the team should choose one and let the other go. Something the front office could consider is coring one of them, re-signing the non-cored one, and then trading the cored player for hopefully more than a bag of chips.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/15/21 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I think Hayes leaves for elsewhere . It's not her team anymore , i dont have any info just a hunch .She's paid her dues in ATL . Would like to see her go somewhere like Seattle next season . Carter coming to Dallas i would not touch with a ten foot pole. She has yet to play a full professional season anywhere . Hurt last season , Left overseas team after 1 month and suspended the 2nd half of the season this year. Arike & Carter would not be a good fit together IMO.

Wow, this is the first time I've heard about the overseas situation....sounds like she's used to having her way or maybe a result of only child syndrome, if she doesn't have siblings!

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/15/21 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Wow, this is the first time I've heard about the overseas situation....sounds like she's used to having her way or maybe a result of only child syndrome, if she doesn't have siblings!

Nah, Carter is not an only child. Old man Gary Blair could not handle her. No, Dallas cannot have 2 petulant kids on their roster. I have enough qualms with the 1

Atl should move on from both Tiff Hayes & E Williams (esp her - terrible this yr)

PostPosted: 09/15/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Shes the only girl i believe if that matters i know she has a lot of other siblings that are boys some even younger than her with the same show boating attitude smh.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Arike & Carter would not be a good fit together

Mattel could turn them into Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The set would have to come with at least six basketballs and two water bottles.

(now with spelling variations)
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/21 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The set would have to come with at least six basketballs and two water bottles.

With 3 Spit rags huh

PostPosted: 09/15/21 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are you guys trying so hard to convince me to like Chennedy Carter and Arike Ogunbowale?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/15/21 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is the maximum amount of salary a team can offer a restricted free agent?

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: