Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/05/22 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I wanted to keep Carter, but the Dream got decent value for her

You think? It seems like a terrible trade to me, only potentially saved if that pick ends up in the lottery next year.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/22 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
I wanted to keep Carter, but the Dream got decent value for her

You think? It seems like a terrible trade to me, only potentially saved if that pick ends up in the lottery next year.

you have to consider that they almost had to part ways after last year's debacle, so the fact they got some value instead of nothing is actually 'decent'.

Badger_Ball

PostPosted: 02/06/22 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed…it’s a horrible trade as it current stands

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/22 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The deferral is over. The Dream sign Kristy Wallace to her rookie contract.
https://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-sign-kristy-wallace/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SPD

PostPosted: 02/23/22 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream Sign Maya Caldwell to Training Camp Contract. I hope she does well!

"With Spar Gran Canaria in Spain this season (LF Endesa, EuroCup), Caldwell is averaging 15.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.6 steals through 22 games so far. She is pacing her team in points, steals and minutes per game, and has registered five 20-point games and one double-double so far this season."

https://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-sign-maya-caldwell-to-training-camp-contract/

hoopmom

PostPosted: 02/23/22 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally someone to cheer for in training camp…

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 03/05/22 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am sure that Seinko and Collin are loving this disaster movie - they fire Seinko who was forced to make moves he/coaches did not want by new owner (there is only one real $ owner as we all know)...and Collin leaves and does an amazing job with Baylor through attrition, hardship and with only 7 healthy players all season and wins the BIG12 title and could win COY. They had a great 2018 and were an Angel injury away from the Finals; 2019 had player issues - no mistake it was a bad year as Angel was to be ready and never did what she needed to do and missed the season, keeping her salary on the cap and playing with 11; 2020 was the bubble year where they missed the playoffs by 1 game, and CC was out for 6 of the 18 games and would have been ROY; no renee, tiffany and three players gone to start the first 3-6 games with covid - the list goes on. So, was it that bad? Nope. But now it is - last year was a sh!t show with no stabilizing people in place, and then they tell two players not to come back in September (mistake - sign and trade at least one of them, after pretending they never saw the "full" fight video); then tell Hawkins not to come back (mistake); lose EWILL (mistake - saw all the sh!t first hand - wasn't about moving home - she has a home in ATL) and because they never corrected the CC situation last year, had to trade her this year (mistake) to bring in a high priced player (mistake) in Wheeler that may not stay beyond this year when she becomes a FA; and other just so-so players (coffee and vaughn = yawn). WTF? There is money now in ATL with the owner, and they can buy presents and nicer housing, but the brains are allllll gone. Padover was asst GM/GM in NY and VEGAS with Laimbeer - who is an expert on players. The moves and trades were all Bill - and sometimes it worked (Vegas) and sometimes it did not (NY) - so what has Padover done on his own?; Taylor should have left the team - now he is an AGM - after being an asst coach, then interim head coach he becomes an assistant to Padover? Why? What is Peterson doing as an advisor? Who are the assistant coaches - its March! The new owners wanted to prove how smart they were - and that they had all the answers, but they didn't - and they still don't. Its too bad by luck and by sucking they will get a good player in the draft this year and next - they only got it by being stupid last year and what appears to be another loooooong 2022 season.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/11/22 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to an aussie podcast (link), Paul Goriss is heading to ATL to be an assistant.
He is the current head coach of the Canberra Capitals in the WNBL, and an Australian Opals assistant (and as I've mentioned elsewhere on this forum, has also had a rough season integrity/reputation-wise as a result of this behaviour)

PostPosted: 03/11/22 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Tanisha Wright play in Australia at some point? There's usually a personal connection somewhere when assistants get hired. I was expecting him to be heading for New York when that story came out about him getting a WNBA job.

PostPosted: 03/11/22 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Did Tanisha Wright play in Australia at some point? There's usually a personal connection somewhere when assistants get hired. I was expecting him to be heading for New York when that story came out about him getting a WNBA job.

No, I don't think she ever played down here. I too am wondering what the connection is.
(I was thinking NY was more likely as well and I believe he was in the mix for a role there this year)

PostPosted: 03/11/22 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

No, I don't think she ever played down here. I too am wondering what the connection is.
(I was thinking NY was more likely as well and I believe he was in the mix for a role there this year)

Maybe that's the connection itself then. Wasn't room for him in New York but there are people there who have a relationship with Wright, so passed his name along for a job in Atlanta.

PostPosted: 03/23/22 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

D Taylor working on a move to the Wings, or is he sticking around for a little longer?

~lw3

TigerVol

PostPosted: 03/23/22 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
D Taylor working on a move to the Wings, or is he sticking around for a little longer?

~lw3

Or on Joni's staff?

PostPosted: 03/29/22 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream Head Coach Tanisha Wright Finalizes Coaching and Development Staff

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-head-coach-tanisha-wright-finalizes-coaching-and-development-staff/

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream trade up to #1 in the draft!

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dream trade up to #1 in the draft!

I just saw on IG the Dream saying they have the #1 pick and now I'm curious what/when/how/etc!

This will be huge. I know Howard is (and should be) highly thought of, but I wouldn't could out Smith either.

Intrigue!

pilight

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta has acquired the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 WNBA Draft from WAS.

In exchange, WAS receives ATL's 2022 #3 pick and #14 pick, and the rights to swap its own 2023 first round pick with the 2023 first round pick ATL acquired from LAS earlier this year.

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

((memeofguythatflipsoutthelawnchair.gif))

~lw3

hoopmom

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They finally have my attention

BamaEd

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here we go:

https://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-lands-2022-number-one-overall-draft-pick/

The Atlanta Dream have acquired the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 WNBA Draft from Washington, the team announced today.

In exchange, the Dream sent their 2022 No. 3 overall pick and 2022 No. 14 pick (second round) to the Mystics. Washington also has the right to swap its own 2023 first round pick with the 2023 first round pick Atlanta acquired from Los Angeles earlier this year (received along with Erica Wheeler).

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok Atlanta - I see u.

Perhaps Tibault wants a particular player but does not feel she's a #1 pick?

But swapping of 2023 pick is the winner here. That class.....Atl may still be in the bottom of the standings.

Last edited by Milks26 on 04/06/22 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
And1

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He must not want either Smith or Howard. Maybe Austin?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/06/22 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So. A couple things:

—The Dream appear more set up to take NaLyssa Smith #1 overall now, but that doesn’t mean they will. They don’t have much depth of anything, they could still take Rhyne Howard if they love her more (they may!). In fact, she may represent the symbolic closure from Angel McCoughtry the new Dream front office is looking for since both players are SFs.

—The potential pick swapping with LA’s 2023 1RP and Washington’s 2023 1RP may not even come into play if LA finishes above Washington in this year’s standings. Either way, the Dream still get to keep their own (presumable lottery) 2023 1RP, as well as the #15 Pick.

Really good trade for the Dream that could also become good for the Mystics as well if they get to exercise that 1RP pick swap for next year imo.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/06/22 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So. A couple things:

—The Dream appear more set up to take NaLyssa Smith #1 overall now, but that doesn’t mean they will. They don’t have much depth of anything, they could still take Rhyne Howard if they love her more (they may!). In fact, she may represent the symbolic closure from Angel McCoughtry the new Dream front office is looking for since both players are SFs.

Why in the world would they do that? With Billings and Parker undersized Smith is not going to be that needed. On the other hand Howard would fill the need at the 3 while Hayes plays the 2. Or vice versa.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/06/22 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing I dislike about this trade is that it incentivizes me to root for the Sparks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: