RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Closing Ceremonies & Memorable Quotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/08/21 9:20 pm    ::: Closing Ceremonies & Memorable Quotes Reply Reply with quote

I love Johnny Weir!!!!!! πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨πŸ’–βœ¨

He makes me smile.

β€œThank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/09/21 6:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They chose the wrong quote for Molly Seidel. It's a good one, just not the one most will remember.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/08/09/katie-ledecky-simone-biles-among-quotable-memories-2021-olympics/5535250001/

β€œThank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/10/21 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of the closing ceremonies, I noticed that many athletes go straight home after their own competitive events have ended, even if the Olympics itself have not.

I understand that this year, because of safety protocols, that athletes are given 48 hours to leave after their final event. But I'm also referring to previous Olympics, that some of the athletes go straight home and not attend the closing ceremony. I remember the 2016 Olympics that some medal winners from the USA team went right home, and several appearing in TV talk-shows, etc.

I thought it was a tradition that all the country's competing athletes have to stick around for the closing ceremonies. (I'm referring to pre-COVID years)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: