Board Junkies Forums

Actual Trades/Signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
And1

PostPosted: 02/17/20 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Emma re-signs a 1 year contract with the Mystics, I'm guessing likely at the $215K max.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/17/emma-meesseman-signs-one-year-deal-with-mystics/

It's interesting she's getting the max even though she may not show up for most of the season.

It's also interesting that's it's only a one year deal.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky re-signed Dolson.

https://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-re-sign-two-time-wnba-all-star-center-stefanie-dolson/

PostPosted: 02/17/20 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Sky re-signed Dolson.

https://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-re-sign-two-time-wnba-all-star-center-stefanie-dolson/

Lawwd Why......

PostPosted: 02/18/20 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Sky re-signed Dolson.

Lawwd Why......

Is this a serious statement? Laughing

She fits the way the Sky plays on offense and works well with Vandersloot.

PostPosted: 02/18/20 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Sky re-signed Dolson.

Lawwd Why......

And the Sky will not win the Championship with Dolson as the starting center. Just fact.

~rAf
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/18/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And the Sky will not win the Championship with Dolson as the starting center. Just fact.

Not understanding what this has to do with my response but okay? Laughing

PostPosted: 02/18/20 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn’t mind Dolson as a backup. As a starter for the Lynx, only if Maya was back at near 100% because she makes everybody better. The Lynx have won championships with lesser centers, or is that sacrilege?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/18/20 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only other UFA centers still on the board are Kayla Alexander, Courtney Paris and Carolyn Swords. Would you have preferred one of them? Or a rookie? Or nobody?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m very surprised that Laimbeer hasn’t added Swords to the Aces staff by now. Maybe after free agency is over?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/18/20 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Not understanding what this has to do with my response but okay? Laughing

Perfect response. When someone makes a post like you just have to say: YEAH! RIGHT! OKAY!

PostPosted: 02/19/20 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Sky re-signed Dolson.

Lawwd Why......

The last 2 championship teams had Natasha Howard and LaToya Sanders as starting centers. Why couldn't Chicago win with Dolson if they build a good enough team where she fits well?

Also at this point I'm pretty certain Dolson is THE most underrated player in the league...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/19/20 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Sky re-signed Dolson.

Lawwd Why......

The last 2 championship teams had Natasha Howard and LaToya Sanders as starting centers. Why couldn't Chicago win with Dolson if they build a good enough team where she fits well?

Also at this point I'm pretty certain Dolson is THE most underrated player in the league...

This. Its all about the team and your role within. I remember that some people had the same complaints about Camille Little as our starting center in 2010 but when you have one of the best pg's on your team and an mvp caliber player then just perform your role to the best of your abilities.

What the Sky is missing is an MVP type player. If only EDD or Fowles still played there

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/19/20 3:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
This. Its all about the team and your role within. I remember that some people had the same complaints about Camille Little as our starting center in 2010 but when you have one of the best pg's on your team and an mvp caliber player then just perform your role to the best of your abilities.

What the Sky is missing is an MVP type player. If only EDD or Fowles still played there

Tread carefully, Michelle. Those are some deep wounds you're walking around right now.

PostPosted: 02/19/20 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Tread carefully, Michelle. Those are some deep wounds you're walking around right now.

Laughing i wasnt joking though. I dont think DeShields or Stevens is going to be that MVP type of player and we certainly know that Allie isnt so Dolson as your starting center is the least of your problems.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/19/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

It turns out that you can win a championship with an undersized and/or average-to-below average starting center, when you have the MVP of the league playing alongside her. Boy, it's a good thing that Chicago has one of those!

Oh. Wait...

Quote:

I have decided that Stefanie Dolson is the Mason Plumlee of the WNBA. I have not decided whether I mean that as a compliment, or not.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/19/20 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
https://sun.wnba.com/news/sun-acquire-all-star-briann-january-2021-draft-pick-as-a-part-of-a-three-team-trade/

Briann January to CON, Courtney Williams to ATL. Good luck on the new teams! Idea Cool

greg5222

PostPosted: 02/19/20 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow Courtney(those girls can't guard me)Williams didn't want to play in Connecticut anymore!! That weakens Conn some. Atlanta gains a star that's for sure.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 02/19/20 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is wild!

I'm almost afraid to look each day to see the trades and signings.
Never know what's going to happen or who's going to be on or missing from one of your favorite or not so favorite teams. Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/19/20 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:
https://sun.wnba.com/news/sun-acquire-all-star-briann-january-2021-draft-pick-as-a-part-of-a-three-team-trade/

Briann January to CON, Courtney Williams to ATL. Good luck on the new teams! Idea Cool
y

I dont get this move from Williams. From a contender to a lotteryteam for the same money. Maybe Bentley wasnt the only problem after all

pilight

PostPosted: 02/19/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
From a contender to a lotteryteam for the same money.

Elena Delle Donne and Kristi Toliver did that to great effect

PostPosted: 02/19/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
From a contender to a lotteryteam for the same money.

Elena Delle Donne and Kristi Toliver did that to great effect

One of them is an MVP who had family reasons and the other just won a championship. Williams isnt anything close to an MVP player and hasnt won a championship and probably will not win one in the next few years..

So what is her reason for leaving? She said she didnt get a thank you like all the other players that didnt return to the team. So what is going on?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/19/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My take from this is that Courtney Williams needs to be the star and she knew she was never going to be allowed to do that in Connecticut. The histrionics with her father during the playoffs is evidence #1. Also with her recent music video release in mind, it is possible that she wanted to be closer to the hip hop industry, which I’m sure is much stronger in ATL than it is in Uncasville, Connecticut.

willtalk

PostPosted: 02/19/20 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it might take a while before GM's figure out the best formula to use with respect to the new salary structures. In the past when salaries where relatively even basically only being influenced by years played. Now the teams have more decisions to make in respect to veterans and their relative monetary value to the team.

I wonder how many blunders it will take for them to figure it out. The transition years, the ones were teams have multiple players signed under two different types of salary cap structures, should be interesting. But even more so for teams that still have a lot of players still playing under old contracts. When those contracts expire will they still have enough money available to replace them if they go hog wild signing too many players now at an inflated price?

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
My take from this is that Courtney Williams needs to be the star and she knew she was never going to be allowed to do that in Connecticut. The histrionics with her father during the playoffs is evidence #1. Also with her recent music video release in mind, it is possible that she wanted to be closer to the hip hop industry, which I’m sure is much stronger in ATL than it is in Uncasville, Connecticut.

Why would that be? If there is something that they miss its a star player.
JJ hasnt really stepped up in that role. She has shown potential to be freaking great but not really performed like this all the time. Williams was their go to player on the perimeter and now she has to share that role with Hayes.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/20 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Naw, it was a money issue. She was pointing out on Twitter all the money they were giving Bonner. My best guess is they wanted her to take a one year deal at max so they could leave their options open on the Thomases for next season. There’s not enough money with the cap to pay 5 players max (around $1 million) and then pay the rest of the 6 or 7 players with the little amount that’s remaining.

I predicted this crisis might happen nine days ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: