0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sit out the season
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 69

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/31/20 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So for all the New York/LA/Chicago/Indiana talk, Minnesota still has the most votes on this poll. Did I miss why people think that? Inside info? Or just Cheryl Reeve knowing/having some sort of rapport with Diggins-Smith from Team USA?

Also, and I believe that Spooner was the first one to put this idea out there, if Sims indeed doesn't sit out 2020: why not just a simple Diggins-for-Sims one-for-one trade? Generally speaking, both are in the same age group, play roughly the same position, have similar career numbers, and are perceived as having baggage in their own individual ways. Laughing Unless Sims burned her bridges in Dallas as she was traded to LA (one of our Wings insiders can let us know if that was the case), why not just send her back to Texas while simultaneously Diggins-Smith gets to get out of there? Minnesota has its championship pedigree; and even if that doesn't matter, the franchise is regarded as having top-of-the-league facilities and is closer to South Bend, Indiana than Dallas is.

And if one of them is agreed upon as having higher value than the other - my guess would be Sims since she has no ACL history to my knowledge and presumably less of a chance of sitting out a future season due to pregnancy than Diggins-Smith, though I'd argue Diggins-Smith's the better player when healthy - then one of the teams can throw in a 2nd round pick or two from either this year (Minny has #14, Dallas has #15 & 21) or next year, or both teams can do some sort of swapping of picks.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
#9 and Diggins for #1 ?

Diggins and #15 for #1....if she's this big time super star likes she acting, then that should more than fair for both teams!

Maybe she isn't as good as she thinks.

+1

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So for all the New York/LA/Chicago/Indiana talk, Minnesota still has the most votes on this poll. Did I miss why people think that? Inside info? Or just Cheryl Reeve knowing/having some sort of rapport with Diggins-Smith from Team USA?

Also, and I believe that Spooner was the first one to put this idea out there, if Sims indeed doesn't sit out 2020: why not just a simple Diggins-for-Sims one-for-one trade? Generally speaking, both are in the same age group, play roughly the same position, have similar career numbers, and are perceived as having baggage in their own individual ways. Laughing Unless Sims burned her bridges in Dallas as she was traded to LA (one of our Wings insiders can let us know if that was the case), why not just send her back to Texas while simultaneously Diggins-Smith gets to get out of there? Minnesota has its championship pedigree; and even if that doesn't matter, the franchise is regarded as having top-of-the-league facilities and is closer to South Bend, Indiana than Dallas is.

And if one of them is agreed upon as having higher value than the other - my guess would be Sims since she has no ACL history to my knowledge and presumably less of a chance of sitting out a future season due to pregnancy than Diggins-Smith, though I'd argue Diggins-Smith's the better player when healthy - then one of the teams can throw in a 2nd round pick or two from either this year (Minny has #14, Dallas has #15 & 21) or next year, or both teams can do some sort of swapping of picks.

Odyssey will NEVER play in a wings uniform again for two reasons: 1. When she was in Dallas, she displayed some blatant disrespect towards Fred Williams and staff on more than one occasion as if she could do whatever she wanted because she was the "local" product and we fans were only coming out to support "her" and not the team in general!

2. Her mother handles her personal business (career decisions) and she made the organization feel as if they needed Odyssey vs Odyssey needing them to be successful in Dallas and from that there is no coming back with Greg Bibb at the helm!!!

dab44lb

PostPosted: 01/31/20 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I should have been more definitive in my opinion. I ask if the board would allow me to be clearer? Under no circumstances should the NY Liberty trade for Diggins, Build through the draft to create a dynasty.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/20 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So consensus see's diggins in NY or Minnesota.....is the lynx ties dealing with Reeve coaching team usa ?

PostPosted: 01/31/20 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So consensus see's diggins in NY or Minnesota.....is the lynx ties dealing with Reeve coaching team usa ?

I suspect it was because there was rumor going around here about Lynx making a "big roster move."

Randy

PostPosted: 01/31/20 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dab44lb wrote:
I'm sorry. I should have been more definitive in my opinion. I ask if the board would allow me to be clearer? Under no circumstances should the NY Liberty trade for Diggins, Build through the draft to create a dynasty.

In light of this post, here is a proposed deal (just for fun).

Part 1. Diggins to the Lynx. Lynx sends #6 to Dallas and Sims to Atlanta, Atlanta sends #4 to Dallas.

Part 2. NY sends Charles to Lynx. Lynx send Collier to NY.

Lynx now have Fowles, Charles and Diggins to fuel a contending team for at least the next few years (and longer if Moore comes back.) Charles and Diggins get paid max deals (SNT from their former teams) so they both show up. Coach Reeve makes them all WNBA champs.....

NY gets to build from the draft and has another promising young star to go along with Durr, Ionescu, and Nurse.

Dallas will have picks 2, 4,6 and 9 to build a new core with.

Atlanta gets Sims and whoever they can get in FA.

dab44lb

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
dab44lb wrote:

In light of this post, here is a proposed deal (just for fun).

Part 1. Diggins to the Lynx. Lynx sends #6 to Dallas and Sims to Atlanta, Atlanta sends #4 to Dallas.

Lynx now have Fowles, Charles and Diggins to fuel a contending team for at least the next few years (and longer if Moore comes back.) Charles and Diggins get paid max deals (SNT from their former teams) so they both show up. Coach Reeve makes them all WNBA champs.....

NY gets to build from the draft and has another promising young star to go along with Durr, Ionescu, and Nurse.

Deal!!!

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I suspect it was because there was rumor going around here about Lynx making a "big roster move."

The main problem with the Lynx last season was their guards being terribly inconsistent. Diggins, unless she is trobule, may be an upgrade.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Lynx are fine with Collier and (Dream Reject) Dantas. We don't need to trade Collier for Charles to get older.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No way is Atlanta trading the #4 pick for Odyssey Sims

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can’t see the Lynx doling out for two max contracts for newcomers and then having little left over for future contracts on proven players. You know, players that have won multiple championships. I think they should plan like Maya is coming back next season. In the meantime, don’t go nuts making impulsive trades.

Instead of trading for core players, I’d rather Reeve do some value shopping like she did successfully last year. She got Sims for Alexis Jones. She stumbled into that deal without trying. She stole Dantas away from ATL. That was crafty. Got a good deal on Talbot. The worst deal she made was when she tried too hard and signed Christmas for three years at old max, but got nothing out of her first year. Trading for those core players would be trying too hard.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/20 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Especially not knowing for sure who’s declaring early.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/31/20 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I agree, especially since Cooper’s not in charge anymore. Razz

PostPosted: 01/31/20 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree you probably need to know who is coming out, but absent Sabally and Carter both coming out, #4 doesn't look like all that much to me.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/31/20 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I agree you probably need to know who is coming out, but absent Sabally and Carter both coming out, #4 doesn't look like all that much to me.

Agreed. The value of the 2020 lottery picks below number two will not be great unless Sabally and Carter leave school early. Indiana and Atlanta should wait and find what those two will do before deciding what to with those picks. Those picks are tradable if those ladies stay in school.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar Diggins-Smith talks next team, motherhood and more

https://highposthoops.com/2020/02/05/podcast-skylar-diggins-smith-talks-next-team-motherhood/

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to release too much from that podcast but somewhat interesting that Diggins-Smith still wants to live in Dallas..

PostPosted: 02/05/20 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Not to release too much from that podcast but somewhat interesting that Diggins-Smith still wants to live in Dallas..

Her husband has established himself there

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

The next closest market to Dallas would be Minnesota? Or Indiana?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

The next closest market to Dallas would be Minnesota? Or Indiana?

Atlanta, actually

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Ahhh ok, didn’t know that.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

She really can’t just try to make it work in Dallas for her family’s sake Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I never heard her bring up her husband. She brought up her community assist award twice. She was so proud of that community assist award that it seems she fell in love with the community.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

She really can’t just try to make it work in Dallas for her family’s sake Rolling Eyes

We will pass

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: