RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who Are The Three Most Overrated Players on 20@20?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/22/19 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
justintyme wrote:
flojojr2007 wrote:
Spoon & Cash.... then Ticha even though I love her.

Am I reading people really calling Parker overrated??

Well, the players of the WNBA did, so I'm not shocked that fans would as well.

Personally, I think it depends on how you look at it. I think some of the pushback from players and fans comes from how she is spoken about from a media perspective. Sometimes it feels like the way she is spoken about she should be one of the top 5 players of all time. Yet, I would rank her somewhere around 10-15.

So, she isn't overrated in such a way that she doesn't belong on this list, or is a borderline player on this list like some of the others, but rather if we ranked the 20@20 from 1-20 she would be lower on a lot of people's lists than what we think the league/media would have put her at if they had done so.

This is it, chief.

There aren't twenty players in the history of the WNBA better than Candace Parker. That being said, to echo a sentiment I have expressed about Maya Moore, in the past... it is possible to be one of the best players ever, and still be overrated. The above bolded text is my cite.

Makes sense. They've both still been dominant IMO.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/23/19 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

25 at 25

Taurasi
Cathings
Leslie
Jackson
Swoopes

Copper
Thompson
Bird
Smith
Parker

Griffith
Moore
EDD
Whalen
Hammon

Augustus
N. Ogwumike
McCoughtry
Griner
Fowles

Pondexter
CVS
Stewart
Charles
Nolan

it killed me to not include Spoon and Ticha, I think they are both awesome and represent that first generation of WNBA pioneers who made the league great. I also debated for a bit if I was going to include Cambage but didn't want the headache of defending it, if she plays a few more seasons (or wins a ship or an MVP in just one more season) she could definitely get a spot on the 30 at 30.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/23/19 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I also debated for a bit if I was going to include Cambage but didn't want the headache of defending it, if she plays a few more seasons (or wins a ship or an MVP in just one more season) she could definitely get a spot on the 30 at 30.

She could push some small forwards out of there if they don't get in the weight room

PostPosted: 09/23/19 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

it killed me to not include Spoon and Ticha, I think they are both awesome and represent that first generation of WNBA pioneers who made the league great. I also debated for a bit if I was going to include Cambage but didn't want the headache of defending it, if she plays a few more seasons (or wins a ship or an MVP in just one more season) she could definitely get a spot on the 30 at 30.

I wouldn't feel too bad for Spoon. She is in the HOF. How many of the others are going to make it?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/23/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I wouldn't feel too bad for Spoon. She is in the HOF. How many of the others are going to make it?

Certainly no one else who only managed a 5 point per game scoring average.

Her inclusion in the HOF is beyond ridiculous.

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/23/19 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Her inclusion in the HOF is beyond ridiculous.

There are a lot of names I could list who didn't sniff a nomination who should be in there before her.

I try not to step on the achievements of others but her inclusion is definitely a head scratcher. I'd argue that she shouldn't have been so much as nominated.

PostPosted: 09/23/19 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People act like T-Spoon wasn't a pioneer. Four WNBA Finals appearances and was pretty much the first career leader in the W for assists until T-Pen passed her up quickly. T-Spoon was one of a handful of players who helped pique my interest in the league.. I was trying to look at what point guard matched her assist stats at age 31 to 36. Can that ever happen again, year after year? Some of ya'll can take your high horse and go eat an ice cream. Spoon is a legend, love her or hate her, she is a deserving HOFer.

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/23/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
People act like T-Spoon wasn't a pioneer. Four WNBA Finals appearances and was pretty much the first career leader in the W for assists until T-Pen passed her up quickly. T-Spoon was one of a handful of players who helped pique my interest in the league.. I was trying to look at what point guard matched her assist stats at age 31 to 36. Can that ever happen again, year after year?

I love ice cream, especially Butter Pecan. Spoon are all those things I quoted and fun to watch when she was at her best. However, Naismith HOFer is a reach.

Sorry. I just don't believe she was ever as good or impactful of a player as Yolanda Griffith, Natalie Williams, DeLisha Milton-Jones, or even Holdsclaw for that matter. I'd take Michelle Timms and Ticha before her.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: