Storm
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Sparks
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 34

Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/19 12:35 am    ::: Storm @ Sparks - 9/15/19 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs - Second Round
Los Angeles, CA - 3:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

ESPN stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch?id=e14821ab-33e8-4892-8be8-ec87e2675468&rb=true

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190915/SEALAS/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401165795

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle is a dangerous team, but I would be surprised if both Loyd and Canada go off again. If they do, it will be a tough night. In games like these, I am glad we have Beard to bring in as necessary to help slow their guards down. I expect Clark to slow Gray down a bit on the other end, so other players will need to step up.

I am not expecting a blowout like the last time we played Seattle, but I am hoping for a competitive game, and then Sparks go on a late run to win by 10+ points.

Let's go Sparks!

Last edited by boom*NNEKA*nneka on 09/13/19 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

I am not expecting a blowout like the last time we played Seattle, but I am hoping for a competitive game, and then Sparks go on a late run to win by 10+ points.

Let's go Sparks!

I am.

jap

PostPosted: 09/13/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Seattle is a dangerous team, but I would be surprised if both Loyd and Canada go off again. If they do, it will be a tough night. In games like these, I am glad we have Beard to bring in as necessary to help slow their guards down. I expect Clark to slow Gray down a bit on the other end, so other players will need to step up.

Let's go Sparks!

Need to keep that homecourt winning streak hot & spicy with another win.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

all depends on candace parker. if she wants to be the hero, takes her team to promised land, storm wins. if she stays under control, sets her ego aside and plays smart basketball, sparks win.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
all depends on candace parker. if she wants to be the hero, takes her team to promised land, storm wins. if she stays under control, sets her ego aside and plays smart basketball, sparks win.

I don't think Candace's ego has much, if anything, to do with it. For me, it's about her effort. If she goes hard, does the things on both ends that she is capable of doing, Sparks will be a tough out. If, on the other hand, she is complacent and playing with little energy, the Sparks will be a much easier out.
willtalk

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
scrappy wrote:

I don't think Candace's ego has much, if anything, to do with it. For me, it's about her effort. If she goes hard, does the things on both ends that she is capable of doing, Sparks will be a tough out. If, on the other hand, she is complacent and playing with little energy, the Sparks will be a much easier out.

I believe the previous poster means that often the only way that Candice gives an effort is when she decides to be the hero. What she needs to do is give that sort of effort on defense and doing other things besides things that she is known to do. A little bit of blue collar effort when necessary would go a long way.

Also Beard is no longer the defensive stopper that we all knew her has. She hasn't been that in two years dispite her DPY award last season.

PostPosted: 09/14/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
scrappy wrote:

I agree with you. Actually, I don't think Candace's first instinct is to play hero ball, it's the opposite. Thus, I HOPE she has rested this week, and will bring her A-Game. I can usually tell how the game is going to go for her if she's passive from the get-go, and in the officials' faces about minor stuff.

I just hope Fish utilizes his bench properly. Keep the starters as fresh as possible for later in the game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/14/19 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still cringe when Parker tries to play Point Forward, even though she has gotten somewhat better at it so it doesn't result in a TO every time she does it.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/14/19 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On paper, the Sparks should win. But the Storm have been relentless this season and their D will make or break them this game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
willtalk

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I still cringe when Parker tries to play Point Forward, even though she has gotten somewhat better at it so it doesn't result in a TO every time she does it.

Her success in playing the distributer depends on keeping the game in front of her. Her game in that respect depends on her being stationary with the people she passes to being in front of her. She is not very good once she decides to call her own number and adjusting to a better shot developing of her dribble to the basket. I don't think she is a good enough ball handler to multitask while while on the dribble in the half court. She is much more effective on fast breaks, because it gives her extra time to make decisions. In the half court, I think she tends to make up her mind where she is going with the ball too early playing in the process and does not adjust well mid play. That is why she has those turnovers---- she commits too early.

PostPosted: 09/15/19 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard should have a better performance in rd 2. I don't expect Canada/Loyd to duplicate their rd 1 output, but they won't need to if Howard steps up and they get some type of point production from Clark. The Storm are 11-6 when Clark scores 9 or more points.....Seattle is 11-3 when they hold their opponents to 71 or fewer points....The Sparks are 2-6 when they score 76 or fewer points.

Recipe for a Storm win:

Control the defensive boards- Send all 5 players to the boards.
Control tempo
Limit the turnovers
Contain the Sparks roll players
Hold LA to 72 or fewer points

Point production needed for a Storm win:
Howard- 17-21 pts
Loyd- 16-20 pts
Canada- 10-12 pts
Clark- 8-12 pts
Russell- 5-7 pts
Bench - 12-15 pts

My prediction:

Sparks by 6-10 pts......Losing to a shorthanded Seattle team at home would be grounds to fire Fisher and Toler.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/15/19 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
My prediction:

Sparks by 6-10 pts......Losing to a shorthanded Seattle team at home would be grounds to fire Fisher and Toler.

I'd never bet against the GOAT in an elimination game, or any playoff game. Losing to arguably the greatest player/winner in WNBA history, the GOAT (Natasha Howard), shouldn't be grounds for firiing, unless you're the Lynx. Now I probably jinxed the Storm into losing.

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 09/15/19 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Losing to a shorthanded Seattle team at home would be grounds to fire Fisher and Toler.

Is he fired immediately, or do we wait for Washington to sweep Seattle 3:0? If Fisher is fired immediately, is the firing rescinded should Seattle successfully defend their championship, winning it again short-handed? Would that make Cheryl Reeve happier than she was in the last in-game interview? What the GM has to do with that? And how stupid would these questions look once Sparks score above the century mark against Seattle again?

toad455

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm looking good early. Can't rule out the defending champs.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard goes out with foul trouble and our lead vanishes into thin air

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure someone will give Langhorne the vet minimum next season(Phoenix? Minnesota?), but she's been pretty useless for Seattle this season.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They called that foul on Howard to get her out of the game. Sparks ref's up to their old tricks. There were several calls that should have been called on the Sparks but were not called. Same oh, same oh with this team. I am pulling for the storm!

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You would think Hughes would notice that when A.Clark is on the bench, C. Gray is free to totally dominate.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paris and KML shouldnt be getting minutes in this matchup. It just doesnt work. Clark and Howard need to play 35+ minutes. Loyd needs to step up

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loyd a non-factor, she really needs to step up if the Storm are to have a chance.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Loyd a non-factor, she really needs to step up if the Storm are to have a chance.

TRP is doing a number on her

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm with only 4 points this quarter. Sparks D is on point today.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Paris and KML shouldnt be getting minutes in this matchup. It just doesnt work. Clark and Howard need to play 35+ minutes. Loyd needs to step up

yeah. Paris and KML just looked like lugs out there.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

yeah. Paris and KML just looked like lugs out there.
\

Neither should be a member of the Storm next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: