blaase22 wrote:
Who needs a veteran center?? liberty?

Fowles for Charles?

Lynx are in rebuild tank mode though although tina is familiar wih that lol

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Fowles might be wise to demand her way to a title contender.

She already did that once.

Except last time Fowles was out of contract and didn't want to re-sign with the Sky. If she wanted to leave the Lynx, she should've thought of that before signing a contract extension at the very end of last year (that pays her a fraction of what Bria Hartley makes).

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Fowles might be wise to demand her way to a title contender.

She already did that once.

Except last time Fowles was out of contract and didn't want to re-sign with the Sky. If she wanted to leave the Lynx, she should've thought of that before signing a contract extension at the very end of last year (that pays her a fraction of what Bria Hartley makes).

I was just shitposting. But this is pro sport in the 2020s ... being under contract doesn't mean someone can't make demands.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Lynx looking like:

PG: Brown/Banham
SG: Christmas-Kelly/Carleton
SF: Collier/Talbot/Zandalasini?
PF: Dantas/Shepard
C: Fowles/Fagbenle
Plus #6, #14 picks

That looks like a lottery team.

So Sims is more valuable than given credit for around here.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I was just shitposting. But this is pro sport in the 2020s ... being under contract doesn't mean someone can't make demands.

The WNBA is getting closer to being like the NBA! YAY!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/20/20 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the bright side the lynx could be in the running for maybe quote on quote“Maybe” Megan Walker! She could be their next Maya Moore with a little more improvement from professionals. She has the tools seriously. Just has yet to grasp them. Not sure how or why Geno has yet to convince her of it , but I see it.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
On the bright side the lynx could be in the running for maybe quote on quote“Maybe” Megan Walker! She could be their next Maya Moore with a little more improvement from professionals. She has the tools seriously. Just has yet to grasp them. Not sure how or why Geno has yet to convince her of it , but I see it.

I really like Walker. Not sure why she isn't fully 'awake' yet but yes, she has great tools. She is IMO quite a bit like Collier. Not sure if it would make sense to have both of them on the same team though.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/20/20 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I really like Walker. Not sure why she isn't fully 'awake' yet but yes, she has great tools. She is IMO quite a bit like Collier. Not sure if it would make sense to have both of them on the same team though.

I trust Megan walkers spot up jumper more than Pheesas and that’s the 2019 ROY we’re talking about here. Right now Minny needs whatever they can get. I feel Collier was best at the 4 last season so why not keep her there as beckys replacement and hope walker stays at UConn instead of declaring early? Maya most likely will be back and she will be able to groom her protege as well.

PostPosted: 02/21/20 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ChrisLongKSTP/status/1227302931365535745

This tweet was from ten days ago... it didn't age well.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 02/21/20 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I guess that got buried under the lead. Laughing If that would've been Curt Miller who would've said that about one of his players who ended up leaving. Wink

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/22/20 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisLongKSTP/status/1230635848686821376

Quote:
Based on a recent chat I had w/ Cheryl Reeve... this was not how the Lynx saw this going down.

Coach Reeve really didn’t see that one coming! 😳

PostPosted: 02/22/20 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Lynx looking like:

PG: Brown/Banham
SG: Christmas-Kelly/Carleton
C: Fowles/Fagbenle
Plus #6, #14 picks

Is Banham offical yet ? If so she will need to literally become a go to player on a new team . Cant Imagine Sylvia Folwes being around much longer if the team does not perform well .

no, but according to sources, the Lynx offered Banham good money & the Sun aren't matching.

Come on Connecticut...Have a heart!

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/20 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t believe they can match. It’d be another theft by swindle by Reeve, similar to Dantas last season. Less valuable player though.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/22/20 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Blake-Barrett-Lindsay-Whalen-Thomas-Barber-Ep-284

The Scoop Podcast with Doogie Wolfson from 5 KSTP.

Starting at 25:50:

Discusses Banham a bit, says the Lynx remain interested and the Sun remain unlikely to match offers that a team may extend to her.

The Lynx offered Augustus a contract and for more money than what she is getting in LA. Her decision took the Lynx by surprise, but everyone remains on very good terms and no bridges were burnt at all. Sounds like it was just about playing for a contender for her final season.

At 35:30 there is an interview with Lindsay Whalen about Augustus.

PostPosted: 02/22/20 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Blake-Barrett-Lindsay-Whalen-Thomas-Barber-Ep-284

Discusses Banham a bit, says the Lynx remain interested and the Sun remain unlikely to match offers that a team may extend to her.

My space math, which is usually wrong says, unless the Sun get rid of anybody, at most two years at $128,001 (I have no idea if has to be a certain increment) and $124,161 next year would absolutely guarantee Sun can't match?, and if Lynx need more money to sign super free agent(s) next year, cut her and re-sign her back like the Merucry did last year with Lelani Mitchell? It would be fun for, at least one season, for Rachel Banham to be the highest-paid player in Lynx history. Smile Or maybe she'll be cheaper.

Quote:
The Lynx offered Augustus a contract and for more money than what she is getting in LA. Her decision took the Lynx by surprise, but everyone remains on very good terms and no bridges were burnt at all. Sounds like it was just about playing for a contender for her final season.

So basically, Augustsus deserves a chance to win a 5th title, and for whatever reason, Reeve decided after the 2017 season that the Lynx are going to tank for next several years instead of continuing to be perennial title contenders. Therefore everybody decided it's best that Augustus, and anybody else on the Lynx, goes to a team committed to winning every year, which is basically all the other teams in the WNBA. I am outraged! Smile

tfan

PostPosted: 02/22/20 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:

My space math, which is usually wrong says, unless the Sun get rid of anybody, at most two years at $128,001 (I have no idea if has to be a certain increment) and $124,161 next year would absolutely guarantee Sun can't match?, and if Lynx need more money to sign super free agent(s) next year, cut her and re-sign her back like the Merucry did last year with Lelani Mitchell? It would be fun for, at least one season, for Rachel Banham to be the highest-paid player in Lynx history. Smile Or maybe she'll be cheaper.

Miller barely used Banham in the 2019 playoffs. May not be interested regardless of money involved.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/22/20 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Miller barely used Banham in the 2019 playoffs. May not be interested regardless of money involved.

Probably. I wonder what cheap players out there the Sun would finish their roster with.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx have signed Kayla Alexander & Linnae Harper.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 02/22/20 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Banham to MIN - you heard it here first....deal in the works.

[quote="SpaceJunkie"][quote="tfan"]Miller barely used Banham in the 2019 playoffs. May not be interested regardless of money involved.[/quote]

Probably. I wonder what cheap players out there the Sun would finish their roster with.[/quote]

toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/20 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG: Brown/Harper
SG: Christmas-Kelly/Banham/Carleton
C: Fowles/Fagbenle/Alexander
Plus #6, #14 picks

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/22/20 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
Banham to MIN - you heard it here first....deal in the works.

A sign & trade?
#14 for Banham?
Talbot for Banham?
Collier for Banham?
Maya Moore for Banham?

toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/20 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's an RFA, if the Lynx want to overpay for her, the Sun will be happy to let her go.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/22/20 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
She's an RFA, if the Lynx want to overpay for her, the Sun will be happy to let her go.

The only reason I could see a sign and trade is that the Lynx don't want to overpay for her salary wise. Because they can pretty easily price CT out of the deal.

But if they are offering on the lower end of the contract scale, they might be afraid that CT could suddenly decide to match and then they would be precluded from even a trade.

If this is the case, their offerings are going to be small.

PostPosted: 02/22/20 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
PG: Brown/Harper
SG: Christmas-Kelly/Banham/Carleton
C: Fowles/Fagbenle/Alexander
Plus #6, #14 picks

I'd swap KCK and Zandalasini.

I think Ceci might very well be the Lynx starting 2 this year. With her being injured last year and missing time due to overseas commitments, people are underestimating her by a good deal. She's only 23 and and already a VERY good basketball player. I think this season will be her breakout season

PostPosted: 02/22/20 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The only reason I could see a sign and trade is that the Lynx don't want to overpay for her salary wise. Because they can pretty easily price CT out of the deal.

But if they are offering on the lower end of the contract scale, they might be afraid that CT could suddenly decide to match and then they would be precluded from even a trade.

If this is the case, their offerings are going to be small.

Only S&T I can come up with that might make sense is #14 for Banham?
#14 pick can compete for one of the final roster spots on CT, which has to be rookie deals or cheap vet signings. Plus Lynx roster is actually pretty much full, so they don't exactly need that pick.

Brown / #6 Pick* / [Sims]
Zandalasini / Banham
Collier / Christmas-Kelly / Talbot
Dantas / Shepard
Fowles / Alexander**

*Even if people may be outraged over Lynx drafting a guard
**If Alexander was signed, she may be replacing or competing against Fagbenle? Or maybe a Waiver Mart pickup?

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 02/23/20 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 12 of 29

Jump to: