50%  [ 8 ]
Storm
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Who ever would have thought that Mercedes Russell would outplay Teflon Syl in playoff game? The player almost nobody wanted in the draft and got cut by the hapless Liberty?

Me because Mercedes outplayed Fowles the last time they played, and the Lynx have never beaten the Storm with Mercedes as a starter.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordin’s definitely fun to watch, and if she works more on her 3 pointers she is gonna be a force to reckon with.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
If the Lynx fired Reeve, 3/4 of the league's owners would be calling their GMs into their offices and asking them...what do you think, could we possibly get her? And a bunch of coaches that have no business being on a hot seat would suddenly have their jobs in peril.

Because she is that good.

But luckily, the Lynx aren't that stupid.

If she was that good, then why hasn't she proven it because with any really good/great coach the Lynx would've won at least 5 titles by now and not be a bottom half team in the WNBA this year. I thought great coaches try to win games and not have teams that underperform every year. Or maybe that's just because in Minnesota people don't like their teams to win too much so they are happy to see their teams lose.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was actually the first year I was impressed with Reeve's coaching. She did a good job rebuilding the roster, getting Dantas to become a good shooter (something 2 coaches in Atlanta could never do), developed Collier and Brown, all while winning a bunch of games no one expected. Before, I always figured most decent coaches could win with the players the Lynx had. She also seemed to have a bit less of an edge.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Fowles is the same Fowles that clogged up Chicago for years.

Idea

PostPosted: 09/12/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
This was actually the first year I was impressed with Reeve's coaching. She did a good job rebuilding the roster, getting Dantas to become a good shooter (something 2 coaches in Atlanta could never do), developed Collier and Brown, all while winning a bunch of games no one expected. Before, I always figured most decent coaches could win with the players the Lynx had. She also seemed to have a bit less of an edge.

and losing a bunch of games no one expected either.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

What games did the Lynx lose that no one expected? Starting the season down four starters, I expected them to go 10-24.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/12/19 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On offer: Jordin Canada is a very similar player to Danielle Robinson.

Canada, of course, will at least shoot threes, but defenders still play two or three steps off of her.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After years of being a member of this message board I don't understand why some people want to be negative for No REASON. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/12/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Collier Better shut me up! Keep ballin girl! And be precise with your shade. I’m not a critic of Collier I simply just believe Arike is better period.

I would take Collier easily over Arike, particularly if I was building a team. I wonder how Diggins will deal with Arike's volume of missed shots, when she returns to the team next year. PS, congratulations to Seattle on their victory.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/12/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:

What games did the Lynx lose that no one expected? Starting the season down four starters, I expected them to go 10-24.

for one, the last of the regular season where they could have home court advantage in the first round with the sparks had nothing to gain.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Before the game analysis....
Shades wrote:
Now if the Lynx can only stop another Seattle player from getting a career high. There’s something about the Lynx that opposing players just love getting their career highs against them. Canada for 30 pts? KML for 25 pts? Who’s it going to be tonight?

After game reporting....
Quote:
Jordin Canada scored a career-high 26 points and the defending WNBA champion Seattle Storm beat the seventh-seeded Minnesota Lynx 84-74 Wednesday night in a first-round, winner-take-all playoff game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:

for one, the last of the regular season where they could have home court advantage in the first round with the sparks had nothing to gain.

You mean the game they lost to a team with more talent, that they match up poorly against?

That was a game they were supposed to win, and was a knock against the coach that they didn't...

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
On offer: Jordin Canada is a very similar player to Danielle Robinson.

Canada, of course, will at least shoot threes, but defenders still play two or three steps off of her.

Canada is a much better finisher than Robinson with better touch at the net.

Robinson can make up for players playing off her with her speed and burst, but she misses way too many layups once she gets past the defenders.

Obviously Canada will become even better if she can add at least a semi-reliable 3pt shot, but she's got a solid skill set to make up for not having one.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:
Now if the Lynx can only stop another Seattle player from getting a career high. There’s something about the Lynx that opposing players just love getting their career highs against them. Canada for 30 pts? KML for 25 pts? Who’s it going to be tonight?

After game reporting....
Quote:
Jordin Canada scored a career-high 26 points and the defending WNBA champion Seattle Storm beat the seventh-seeded Minnesota Lynx 84-74 Wednesday night in a first-round, winner-take-all playoff game.

Good call. Though the Lynx did a great job on Howard, despite her team-high 6 assists.
I didn’t understand Sims’ 18 minutes. If Reeve didn’t want her taking her shots tonight, fine; but she can still play defense. And she was +/-0 in those minutes, as opposed to D-Rob’s -21 in a similar minute count. To me, Sims didn’t look like a clear liability on the court for the Lynx - it felt like Reeve just didn’t give her much of a chance. I can’t see it being effort-related, given the playoff setting, but I could be wrong. Meanwhile, Brown & Augustus off the bench were a combined 5-20 Question I wonder how Sims feels about how this year went...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Collier Better shut me up! Keep ballin girl! And be precise with your shade. I’m not a critic of Collier I simply just believe Arike is better period.

I would take Collier easily over Arike, particularly if I was building a team. I wonder how Diggins will deal with Arike's volume of missed shots, when she returns to the team next year. PS, congratulations to Seattle on their victory.

Yeah i was speaking for myself , but thanks you are entitled to your opinion though . Mines is still the same Arike over the rest

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

After game reporting....
Quote:

Good call. Though the Lynx did a great job on Howard, despite her team-high 6 assists.
I didn’t understand Sims’ 18 minutes. If Reeve didn’t want her taking her shots tonight, fine; but she can still play defense. And she was +/-0 in those minutes, as opposed to D-Rob’s -21 in a similar minute count. To me, Sims didn’t look like a clear liability on the court for the Lynx - it felt like Reeve just didn’t give her much of a chance. I can’t see it being effort-related, given the playoff setting, but I could be wrong. Meanwhile, Brown & Augustus off the bench were a combined 5-20 Question I wonder how Sims feels about how this year went...

Sims struggled on defense early, which led to her getting pulled. She was getting caught up on screens and leaving perimeter players with open looks.

Then it was a constant cycle trying to find anyone who could do anything at the guard position on either side of the ball.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:

I figured the Lynx could go 20-14 this year/be top 4-6 team so this year continued the streak of the Lynx pretty much every year underachieving/being a dissapointment.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:

You mean the game they lost to a team with more talent, that they match up poorly against?

That was a game they were supposed to win, and was a knock against the coach that they didn't...

Other teams have no problems even occasionly beating teams with more talent but the Lynx never do, so the most obvious reason that the Lynx are only able to beat teams if they only are vastly superior to them in talent would be that the other teams in the WNBA have superior coaching to the Lynx. The superior coaching of the other teams can also make it appear that those teams have more talent than the Lynx since their coaches get more out of their players than the Lynx do.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/12/19 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well what about the blowout wins against CT and LVA

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/19 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
well what about the blowout wins against CT and LVA

They weren't playoff games or any sort of big game when stakes are highest. The Lynx still finished as one of the worst teams in the WNBA, along with Indiana and Atlanta who also beat the Aces. The Sun probably are overrated if they can't beat the Lynx though, but a least they've been able to beat the Mystics and Sparks this season.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/12/19 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Season series won
CHI 3-0
ATL 2-1
CON 2-1
DAL 2-1
IND 2-1
NYL 2-1
PHX 3-0

Season series lost
WAS 0-3
SEA 1-3 (4-gm series)
LVA 1-2
LAS 0-3

The Lynx went 8-4 against the bottom four teams and 10-12 (not including the playoff game) against the playoff teams. Is losing the four games against the bottom dwellers, games the Lynx should've won? Is sweeping the Mercury and the Sky and going 2-1 against the Sun and winning a game against the Aces, games the lynx should've lost?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/12/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

8-4 is the worst record for a playoff team against the non-playoff teams

Washington 12-0
Connecticut 10-3 (four games against Atlanta)
Los Angeles 8-4
Las Vegas 9-3
Chicago 10-2
Seattle 9-3
Minnesota 8-4
Phoenix 10-3 (four games against Dallas)

PostPosted: 09/12/19 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:

Other teams have no problems even occasionly beating teams with more talent but the Lynx never do, so the most obvious reason that the Lynx are only able to beat teams if they only are vastly superior to them in talent would be that the other teams in the WNBA have superior coaching to the Lynx. The superior coaching of the other teams can also make it appear that those teams have more talent than the Lynx since their coaches get more out of their players than the Lynx do.

They beat the Sun, Chicago repeatedly, and the Aces. All teams with more talented rosters than the injured Lynx.

And if you looked at the roster at the beginning of the season and expected 20 wins, you have unrealistic expectations and are going to go through life severely disappointed most of the time.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scrappy wrote:

They beat the Sun, Chicago repeatedly, and the Aces. All teams with more talented rosters than the injured Lynx.

And if you looked at the roster at the beginning of the season and expected 20 wins, you have unrealistic expectations and are going to go through life severely disappointed most of the time.

and/or outraged

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: