RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas might have to bite the bullet and will have to waive a lot players at the end of training camp. I know several people on this board have created several trade scenarios to try figure out what Dallas can do with their excess of draft picks.
The nature of the WNBA is that it is a small league and teams are very reluctant to trade away their star players unless they are forced to do so.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

I can imagine IMS becoming one of these high profile trial attorneys who is always talking to the press. Smile

I hope she finds her calling and wish her well. Would love to see her do well in the future.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/30/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
McGee-Stafford to Step Away From WNBA, Attend Law School

https://wings.wnba.com/news/mcgee-stafford-to-step-away-from-wnba-attend-law-school/

Quote:
"I am very thankful to Wings Nation for embracing me,” McGee-Stafford said. “I was accepted to Southwestern Law’s accelerated J.D. program and thus will be taking a two-year hiatus from basketball. While I am saddened to step away from such a big part of my life, I’m also excited for this next chapter. I am thankful to Coach Agler and Greg Bibb for being so understanding and supportive.”

She knew she was on the bubble anyway with her training camp contract.

Lol, I said the exact same thing when it was announced!!!

TigerVol

PostPosted: 03/30/20 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the link root.

Makes a lot of sense. Doing work you don't really enjoy is not better just because it is a job many people think they would love. All the more difficult when it was the expected conclusion more than a choice.

I think a number of athletes in this position self destruct to get out from under expectations - I also thought shoni fell into this category... Self destructive behavior to "fail" toward freedom.

Glad Imani is now moving toward her choices.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
McGee-Stafford to Step Away From WNBA, Attend Law School

https://wings.wnba.com/news/mcgee-stafford-to-step-away-from-wnba-attend-law-school/

Quote:
"I am very thankful to Wings Nation for embracing me,” McGee-Stafford said. “I was accepted to Southwestern Law’s accelerated J.D. program and thus will be taking a two-year hiatus from basketball. While I am saddened to step away from such a big part of my life, I’m also excited for this next chapter. I am thankful to Coach Agler and Greg Bibb for being so understanding and supportive.”

She knew she was on the bubble anyway with her training camp contract.

Lol, I said the exact same thing when it was announced!!!

She's a very talented player. IMO the only reason she's on the bubble is because her passion for it doesn't remotely match her talent. It's a loss to basketball but a gain for law. She's not the first person who has just been pushed into being a pro basketballer due to being tall, and she won't be the last.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty trade Charles to Mystics in 3-team deal

https://apnews.com/ef67f91a355513a7411907260a2d37ae

Quote:
New York will receive the 12th pick in the WNBA draft from Washington as well as the ninth and 15th picks from Dallas, the person said, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the deal hadn’t been announced. The Liberty also will receive Tayler Hill from the Wings and Shatori Walker-Kimbrough from the Mystics. Dallas gets Washington’s first-round pick in 2021 and New York’s second-round pick in 2021.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

So what does Dallas do now with the #2, #5, and #7? If they draft Sabally at 2, I'm guessing they take a F/C-type player at 5 or 7. The other pick should probably be a PG. So they just don't take Walker? Unless they'd use Sabally exclusively at PF and Walker at SF, which in Agler's system is possible. On the whole, he prefers quickness over size imo.

Or if they take Cox at 2, they take Walker at 5 and a PG at 7. It does seem like the #2 is going in Sabally's direction though.

21 should probably just be an international prospect as a deferral pick, of which, assuming they take Sabally, there's Germany's Geiselsoder or Fiebich.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 04/15/20 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just seems stupid AND CHEAP by the Wings. Give up 9 & 15 in a good draft for 12 ish and 24 to get rid of Hill speaks to the idiocy of Bibb.not to mention they then facilitate Tina Charles to a super team. Not enough they get bent over a barrel on Cambage and the hag, they step in to facilitate another trade demand to make other teams better. Just cut her and eat the cost. Building a good team is a better way to recoup their losses

4 first round picks could and should have made this team. Sabally, Walker one of the touted bigs that have declared and a back up for the PG in one of 3 pgs that are in this draft.

So the Wings have now gotten bit twice by The Tayler hill trade.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/20 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I’d say Bibb is the worst GM, edging out Curt Miller. But apparently he has part ownership, so that might mean he’s tougher to fire?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/15/20 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Just seems stupid AND CHEAP by the Wings. Give up 9 & 15 in a good draft for 12 ish and 24 to get rid of Hill speaks to the idiocy of Bibb.not to mention they then facilitate Tina Charles to a super team. Not enough they get bent over a barrel on Cambage and the hag, they step in to facilitate another trade demand to make other teams better. Just cut her and eat the cost. Building a good team is a better way to recoup their losses

4 first round picks could and should have made this team. Sabally, Walker one of the touted bigs that have declared and a back up for the PG in one of 3 pgs that are in this draft.

So the Wings have now gotten bit twice by The Tayler hill trade.

It's mostly the kind of trade I talked about a while ago - a 2020 1st for a 2021 1st, thereby rolling the pick/asset on an extra year. They get someone else to pay off Hill instead of having to use their own money and cap space to do it as part of the bargain.

Chances are that it's a crappy pick they're getting back, but you can't go that much lower than #9 anyway. And as mentioned elsewhere, if there's no 2020 season, we don't know how they'll decide the 2021 draft order. It's possible that pick could end up somewhere random, rather than reflecting Washington's true team strength.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm really surprised they didn't get anything substantial in this trade. They basically dumped three players in this trade, all of whom were likely getting cut(or in Hill's case, bought out).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/20 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe the bigger picture was getting rid of hills guaranteed contract. Thats been the main harp on this board about Bibb and why he made that move .Now he fixes it and he's even more stupid . I do agree he's not the best , but at this point paying her that much and she's done absolutely nothing since 2014 just seems even dumber. I do feel as though Bibb has this team in limbo in which direction he wants to go. I dont blame him 100% neither due to mass exodus of 3 top players *Cabbage, Diggins , Powers* . You can only adjust and do what you can in which he has done. Its not like he had any other choice then to move each player listed.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Yeah, I’d say Bibb is the worst GM, edging out Curt Miller. But apparently he has part ownership, so that might mean he’s tougher to fire?

I'd like to (once again) enter Alisha Valavanis into the Worst-GM competition. That Howard trade doesn't happen without Dan Hughes' adamance on getting her (combined with the coincidental foolishness of Cheryl Reeve) - all the other moves that have happened circa 2015 haven't panned out. And trading down from #7 to #11 in a draft like this isn't terrible on its own, until you factor in the addition of Morgan Tuck and her guaranteed six-figure contract, despite her having done arguably less in her first four years in the league than KML. At least KML was cheap. Too, Valavanis being the Storm's President at this point is almost as hard to fire as Bibb.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/15/20 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/2020-wnba-draft-dallas-wings-already-making-moves-ahead-of-what-could-be-franchise-altering-night/

Quote:
Wings general manager Greg Bibb said in a radio appearance on Dallas' 105.3 The Fan, that picking a point guard is certainly on their mind heading into draft night.

Quote:
The Wings want shooting, and Bibb also said they want to find players in the draft capable of playing multiple positions.

Quote:
Wings head coach Brian Agler told High Post Hoops that finding playmakers is at the top of his list for what Dallas needs.

Interesting.....WNBA 09 this might change my pick for them at 7 lol, maybe even 5 😱 I’ll have to see if there’s any Bibb or Agler thoughts on Walker.
Maybe they think she’s redundant with Sabally and Samuelson?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/15/20 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

So what does Dallas do now with the #2, #5, and #7? If they draft Sabally at 2, I'm guessing they take a F/C-type player at 5 or 7. The other pick should probably be a PG. So they just don't take Walker? Unless they'd use Sabally exclusively at PF and Walker at SF, which in Agler's system is possible. On the whole, he prefers quickness over size imo.

Or if they take Cox at 2, they take Walker at 5 and a PG at 7. It does seem like the #2 is going in Sabally's direction though.

21 should probably just be an international prospect as a deferral pick, of which, assuming they take Sabally, there's Germany's Geiselsoder or Fiebich.

I've got
2 Sabally 5 Hebard 7 Harris

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray
Sabally/Thorton/KLS
Hebard/Anigwe/Gustafson
NDour/Harrison

vs
2. Cox 5 Walker 7 Harris

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray
Walker/Thorton/KLS
Cox/Gustafson/Anigwe
NDour/Harrison

(I put both 2 and 5 picks in as starters mainly for comparison purposes)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point every time I see a roster breakdown either way were “Screwed” this season.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
At this point every time I see a roster breakdown either way were “Screwed” this season.

yeah I think Dallas and NY will be competing for most exciting lottery team.

At least with Ionescu, Durr, Nurse and #9

or

Ogunbowale, NDour #2, #5 and #7

both teams will have a lot of young players to root for and watch develop

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

1. Satou
2. Walker
3. Dangerfield/Cooper

toad455

PostPosted: 04/16/20 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's pretty clear New York and Dallas will be battling it out for the #1 pick in 2021. Though there's no clear #1 next season and no real "stars" next year, I think both teams would benefit greatly by adding Natasha Mack to their team.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/16/20 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It's pretty clear New York and Dallas will be battling it out for the #1 pick in 2021. Though there's no clear #1 next season and no real "stars" next year, I think both teams would benefit greatly by adding Natasha Mack to their team.

It seems now the early entries decide how deep the lottery is. Any ee candidates for the 2021 draft?

toad455

PostPosted: 04/17/20 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WINGS 2020

PG: Jefferson/Harris
SG: Ogunbowale/Gray/Davis/Karlie Samuelson
SF: Sabally/Katie Lou Samuelson/Mabrey
PF: Ndour/Thornton/Alarie/Bertsch
C: Harrison/Gustafson/Anigwe/[Geiselsoder]

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/17/20 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WINGS 2020

Mabrey would be a PG-SG combo guard . I think she’s in the same Boat as KD.
Final squad I’d have would be

Jefferson/Harris
Arike/Gray/
Sabally/KLS/Thornton
Ndour / Alarie
Harrison/Anigwe

Gustaffson/Bertsch/Gieselorder/Davis/Karlie Samuelson all fight for the 12th spot

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 04/18/20 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/18/20 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WINGS 2020

Maybe would be a PG-SG combo guard . I think she’s in the same Boat as KD.
Final squad I’d have would be

Jefferson/Harris
Arike/Gray/
Sabally/KLS/Thornton
Ndour / Alarie
Harrison/Anigwe

Gustaffson/Bertsch/Gieselorder/Davis/Karlie Samuelson all fight for the 12th spot

I'm guessing Geiselsoder is a deferral pick this year no matter what, but I have to wonder if Ndour as well as other foreign players currently in their respective home countries will show up this year - if the season happens in any capacity. But that's a subject for a different thread! If neither Ndour nor Geiselsoder shows, that makes 15 by my count. Nice job, Bibb.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/23/20 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_VVVsrjrRH/

I knew Anigwe was athletic, I didn’t know she had these ups!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/23/20 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_VVVsrjrRH/

I knew Anigwe was athletic, I didn’t know she had these ups!

Glory Johnson Jr , but some here seem to think Gustaffson is the better option Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

Jump to: