RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 5:52 pm    ::: New York Liberty 2020 Reply Reply with quote

Might as well start. Who goes? Who stays? We lock in Ionescu at #1. Wright takes the assistant spot on the bench. Boyd gets dumped. We sign a FA PG to back-up Ionescu. Let's pray Johannes shows up. Does Stokes return? Would like a FA center to come over and play in Brooklyn.

Another important question, where are they playing? A little birdie has told me they'll split their season between Barclays & Nassau Coliseum. Probably a 12/5 split.

LIBERTY 2020
PG: Ionescu/free agent*
SG: Durr/Johannes/Hartley
SF: Nurse/Allen
PF: Charles/Gray/Raincock-Ekunwe or #14 pick
C: Zahui B/Stokes
*Lindsay Allen, Jamierra Faulkner, Natisha Hiedeman or Sydney Colson.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Toad you really jumped on starting the 2020 thread
with no pun intended LOL

Have think about the lineup BUT
so dont want Boyd back !

toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geoff Magliocchetti just tweeted that Tanisha Wright has indeed retired.

https://twitter.com/GeoffMags5490/status/1170840779939561475

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Geoff Magliocchetti just tweeted that Tanisha Wright has indeed retired.

https://twitter.com/GeoffMags5490/status/1170840779939561475

Predictable news. I'm so glad she hit that last three-pointer. What a great career! As I said on another thread, I hope she will be an assistant coach for the Liberty in 2020 and our head coach in a few years.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Hartley please. Edit that out of the lineup toad lol

I will go into much detail next week in my opinion who stays or goes.

Its not hard to figure that out watching this nightmare of a season finally come to an end.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand why people are so vehement about dumping Boyd while seemingly ready to have Hartley return. The only advantage I see with Hartley is that she can play two positions... less than wonderfully... while Boyd can only play one position... less than wonderfully.

I don't hate the idea of either returning--as a bench player. But I'd rather see both of them replaced.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have never seen such ball hogs by Lib players in the second half

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I don't understand why people are so vehement about dumping Boyd while seemingly ready to have Hartley return. The only advantage I see with Hartley is that she can play two positions... less than wonderfully... while Boyd can only play one position... less than wonderfully.

I don't hate the idea of either returning--as a bench player. But I'd rather see both of them replaced.

X___________________ !

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd finishes with a higher field goal percentage than Charles, Nurse, and Hartley. Better 3Pt% than Durr. Smile

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

katie smith is not in the discussion?

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

Liberty fans are hoping if they don't talk about her, she will just go away.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Boyd finishes with a higher field goal percentage than Charles, Nurse, and Hartley. Better 3Pt% than Durr. Smile

This is one reason why I don't fully understand the animus regarding Boyd. I don't see her as horrible as long as she's a bench player. I'd rather see someone else as the team's #2 point guard. But, to me, Boyd is a player with some clear strengths and some very serious weaknesses. Which seems typical for someone coming off the bench.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
scrappy wrote:

Liberty fans are hoping if they don't talk about her, she will just go away.

LOL.

Katie Smith is not in the discussion on this page because so many of us have already written so many times that we want a new coach for 2020. Do we really need to say this again?

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob two posts in a row I totally agree with

X ________________

toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In regards to Boyd, she got benched this season in favor of a now-retired 36-year-old Tanisha Wright. Boyd averaged a career-low in PPG(5.3) & 3pt attempts(22). She's a non-scoring PG which doesn't really work in this league anymore. Let's move on from the Boyd experiment in NY.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as Boyd can't shoot, she's no starter. But there's value to be had in a veteran bench PG that can bring energy on both sides of the ball. I wonder what trade value Boyd will have, coming into a year next year where I think the 2020 draft pool will actually be deep/the deepest at PG...

toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
As long as Boyd can't shoot, she's no starter. But there's value to be had in a veteran bench PG that can bring energy on both sides of the ball. I wonder what trade value Boyd will have, coming into a year next year where I think the 2020 draft pool will actually be deep/the deepest at PG...

In general, the 2020 draft is very guard heavy.

For PGs:
Ionescu
Chennedy Carter*
Destiny Slocum*
Dangerfield
Japreece Dean
Aislinn Kong
Juicy Landrum

For SGs:
Kaila Charles
Mikayla Pivec
Te'a Cooper
DiJonnai Carrington
Erica Ogwumwike
Lashann Higgs

*early entry

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

In general, the 2020 draft is very guard heavy.

For PGs:
Ionescu
Chennedy Carter*
Destiny Slocum*
Dangerfield
Japreece Dean
Aislinn Kong
Juicy Landrum

For SGs:
Kaila Charles
Mikayla Pivec
Te'a Cooper
DiJonnai Carrington
Erica Ogwumwike
Lashann Higgs

*early entry

Cooper is a PG.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/08/19 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The draft is guard-heavy, but it doesn't mean they're quality pro prospects. A lot of players are barely stars at the college level. It's just a weak draft unless people really improve as seniors.

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kiah Stokes has been signed to a contract extension, per the .com's transactions page. No press release I could find.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not unexpected, but the timing is strange. Wouldn't you want input from the new coach? Or does this indicate there will be no new coach?

Now that I think about it, Stokes also signed a contract at the end of last season. Then she ended up not playing. We also don't know if the contract is guaranteed. In other words, nothing is written in stone.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Not unexpected, but the timing is strange. Wouldn't you want input from the new coach? Or does this indicate there will be no new coach?

Now that I think about it, Stokes also signed a contract at the end of last season. Then she ended up not playing. We also don't know if the contract is guaranteed. In other words, nothing is written in stone.

Definitely strange timing. The only other thing that occurs to me is that perhaps our GM has indications from his colleagues that Stokes has some trade value. If that's true (who knows?), then input from a new coach may be irrelevant.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/09/19 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I had to choose one between Hartley and Boyd to back up a position I’d choose Hartley specifically because she can back up two positions. But I’d make sure my second PG was a true PG such as Lindsay Allen so that Hartley would only be an emergency PG. Boyd has a year left though according to HPH. Hartley does not.

With some coaching and addition of structure I think Johannes can back up at PG too.

The extension of Kiah is not unexpected to me but the timing sure is interesting. Katie’s quotes in recent days and this extension are all indicative of a coach that’s returning. Whether we like it or not. A healthy Kiah can at least cover for defensive mistakes elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see what transpires if the Libs select #2. There might be avenues to obtain Ionescu even in that scenario.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Also said this bout fowles these contracts without a CBA may be worth less than paper they are written on depending on how much structure changes

About 5 games at nassau....they better be on weekend afternoons Nice cuts off service crazy early or kiea better have shuttles to either Roosevelt field or Hempstead Lirr cuz nice bus goes to bed around 8pm with only the Jamaica busses running later I kid you not

My main issue with Nassau way they curtained off Barclays it's actually gonna look smaller at Barclays

For bball Nassau is 14k not that much smaller and the layout the OLD MSG both upper and lower decks acceptable from an inner concourse no true upper deck only difference is 1ring not 2 and can't stress that enough this is NOT your father's moseuleum it's very nice but given how they shrank Barclays and made 7k very full Nassau needs to be more about logistics

And if say it if they were all weekends and some form of transit provided if be ok with 5 games of post june 2 pm game end at 4 have my dad pick me up and go surf at Jones beach afterwards

I know there are some Nassau haters out there but 5 I can deal

But can't be on weekdays for many reasons

PostPosted: 09/09/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie still has her job, right now? Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 1 of 111

Jump to: