RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Antonelli Raises Money for Special Olympics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/21/19 5:07 am    ::: Antonelli Raises Money for Special Olympics Reply Reply with quote

I'm thinking that she shot 'til her arm fell off.

Way to go Deb!

Quote:
She vowed to make 2,400 free throws — 100 per hour— for 24 straight hours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2019/05/21/analyst-deb-antonelli-raises-over-80k-for-special-olympics/39499715/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/21/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is really a great story.

Thank you for sharing, Ex-Ref.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 05/21/19 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/22/19 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
This is really a great story.

Thank you for sharing, Ex-Ref.

Yeah, I'm not much of a DA fan, but this good stuff. It would be kind of neat if it took off and schools would look at it as they do Jimmy V.

Every year do some kind of 2,400-shots free throw event. Take pledges for makes. Even $.01/per make would add up pretty fast. I'd hope that each team could make 1,500-1,800, so $15-18 per pledge. Even if you only get 200 fans per school to pledge, at 1,500 makes you're looking at $3,000/school, times 300 DI schools is $900,000!!!!

Then bring in the men's teams and other levels and you could be talking some SERIOUS money.

The only thing is the NCAA would have to bless it. I guess if they don't, then the coaches would have to shoot.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: