Washington Mystics 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 09/11/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
On the ticketmaster website, wnba finals tix for the mystics say at “entertainment and sports arena”... oh my god would they actually consider putting the finals there??

Why wouldn't they? It is the Mystics new home. Some other team(s) would probably love to have a place like that. Playoffs have recently been a hodgepodge of alternate arenas for games - including some pretty far away (e.g. the Storm playing in Tacoma one year).

I would hope that for the Finals they'd draw better at Capital One Arena. Probably 10k or so. Keeping it at their basement arena will hike prices up for the 4,200 available tickets.

Agree but you're assuming Capital One would be available. It wasn't last year for any round of the playoffs, including the finals.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/11/19 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I checked their web page last night to see about getting a ticket for me daughter (lives in DC). To get tickets they want a $100 deposit. You fill out a form and they will call you in 48 hours.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 09/11/19 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I checked their web page last night to see about getting a ticket for me daughter (lives in DC). To get tickets they want a $100 deposit. You fill out a form and they will call you in 48 hours.

Individual game playoff tickets are now on sale. Check Ticketmaster. The $100 deposit was to go toward season tickets for next year and got you access to playoff tickets before the public onsale opened. It's now opened.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/16/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting to note that Shey Peddy is still listed on their roster. Could they have suspended Leslie for the postseason?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
greg5222

PostPosted: 09/17/19 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/16/mystics-are-an-anomaly-wnba-juggernaut-patiently-built-character-fit/

Good article but no mention of SWK Sad Shocked

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/17/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/16/mystics-are-an-anomaly-wnba-juggernaut-patiently-built-character-fit/

Good article but no mention of SWK Sad Shocked

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

The writer got at least 1 fact wrong--the 2010 Seattle Storm definitely had 2 No. 1 draft picks that they had drafted on their championship team that year (Jackson, Bird).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Interesting to note that Shey Peddy is still listed on their roster.

She no longer is.

Looks like she was let go before the game.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/19/19 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The inaugural Mystics almost never won. Now they think ‘it is time’ for a title.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/19/inaugural-mystics-almost-never-won-now-they-think-it-is-time-title/

Quote:
“To get a player like Elena Delle Donne, someone that you can put pieces around, it’s been really special to see, and I’m happy for the organization. D.C. always had the greatest fans, and it’s a place that will always hold a special place in my heart."

PostPosted: 09/19/19 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The inaugural Mystics almost never won. Now they think ‘it is time’ for a title.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/19/inaugural-mystics-almost-never-won-now-they-think-it-is-time-title/

Quote:
“To get a player like Elena Delle Donne, someone that you can put pieces around, it’s been really special to see, and I’m happy for the organization. D.C. always had the greatest fans, and it’s a place that will always hold a special place in my heart."

Great Read X_____________

PostPosted: 10/10/19 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, I'm looking at the Mystics' roster through their official team site on the .com and something seems off to me. Is it just some sort of weird specific error, or did they re-measure people and change their height purposefully? I know I've seen Atkins listed at 5'11, Cloud at 6'0, Powers at 6'0, and SWK at 5'11; but they're all suddenly below 5'10, when we know they're at least that... right?
(And fwiw, the ESPN roster agrees with me; and no other roster through the official team sites have these dynamic changes)
Hopefully if it is just an error like I think it is, they get it right for next season at the very least.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/10/19 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NCAA has Powers and Cloud at 6-0, Atkins at 5-11. I also recall seeing taller numbers reported on Mystics or Wings roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: