RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Turner to miss season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/05/17 12:28 pm    ::: Turner to miss season Reply Reply with quote

brianna @_Breezy_Briii
33m

I'll be sitting out this upcoming 2017-18 season. Looking forward to getting my body completely healthy again. Go Irish ☘️

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/05/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good. I'd rather have her healthy ALL year.

It still sucks though.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/17 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

with an ACL, it's definitely good to take a full year plus. Great she recognizes it and hopefully gets that extra year of free education.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 09/05/17 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll be sitting out this upcoming 2017-18 season. Looking forward to getting my body completely healthy again.

No mention of playing for N Dame in 2018/19 season. Wouldn't be a surprise to see her enter the draft next May.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:
I'll be sitting out this upcoming 2017-18 season. Looking forward to getting my body completely healthy again.

No mention of playing for N Dame in 2018/19 season. Wouldn't be a surprise to see her enter the draft next May.

Well, this article has a comment on that from McGraw:

http://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dame-center-brianna-turner-to-miss-upcoming-season-return/article_e3c8f428-9260-11e7-904e-f32d746c604f.html

ND head coach Muffet McGraw said Tuesday that her senior All-America center has elected to sit out the coming season but has firm plans to play for the Irish in 2018-19 as a grad student.

I personally don't think that would be a wise decision on her part. Entering the draft coming off an injury would likely hurt her standings in the draft, while if she stayed, she'd likely end up playing with a ND team with a very deep bench and a good chance at a NC.

linkster

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

http://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dame-center-brianna-turner-to-miss-upcoming-season-return/article_e3c8f428-9260-11e7-904e-f32d746c604f.html

ND head coach Muffet McGraw said Tuesday that her senior All-America center has elected to sit out the coming season but has firm plans to play for the Irish in 2018-19 as a grad student.

I personally don't think that would be a wise decision on her part. Entering the draft coming off an injury would likely hurt her standings in the draft, while if she stayed, she'd likely end up playing with a ND team with a very deep bench and a good chance at a NC.
[/quote]

I don't disagree with you but I remember Morgan Tuck saying she fully intended to stay for a 5th year at UConn during the summer before her 4th year only to change her mind the following spring. Of course she played during her 4th year so it's not the same. As far as MM, she was given the impression that Loyd was coming back too.

Last edited by linkster on 09/06/17 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Brinx

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will miss her, but getting 100% healthy is the best decision. She's a really good player but I don't think we've seen the best of her because of injuries....hopefully she returns for 2018-19 and has her best season yet.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/06/17 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:

Short video of Muffet talking about the decision.

http://wsbt.com/sports/content/turner-to-sit-out-2017-18-season-for-notre-dame

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 09/06/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have to be crossing their fingers that their hardship claim for Shepard is approved. As of right now their starting center is 6-2 Westbeld.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's hoping she makes a full recovery and is the #1 pick in the 2018 WNBA draft.

PostPosted: 09/06/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
They have to be crossing their fingers that their hardship claim for Shepard is approved. As of right now their starting center is 6-2 Westbeld.

I expect their starting center will be Mikayla Vaughn.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 09/07/17 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't disagree with you but I remember Morgan Tuck saying she fully intended to stay for a 5th year at UConn during the summer before her 4th year only to change her mind the following spring. Of course she played during her 4th year so it's not the same. As far as MM, she was given the impression that Loyd was coming back too.

She also had 4 NC rings, so that is a difference between them, too... Wink

As for Loyd, that turned out to be a rather "weird" case in that she had dyslexia, which most people didn't realize she had. The difficulty of dealing with that while studying and also playing was one of the main reasons she gave for her decision to leave early. Also, she wasn't out with an injury for her last season. She made the decision while she was considered the top player.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 09/07/17 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
Will miss her, but getting 100% healthy is the best decision. She's a really good player but I don't think we've seen the best of her because of injuries....hopefully she returns for 2018-19 and has her best season yet.

I agree with this. Better that she wait out and get completely healthy than have her at less than 100%. Plus, I think that when a player comes back at less than 100%, there is a greater chance of her getting injured again. I'm not sure if it's really like that, but it often seems that way.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 09/07/17 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just hope that one of my favorite players will be completely healthy and finally show everyone what she is as a player with her full potential realized.

PostPosted: 09/08/17 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Just hope that one of my favorite players will be completely healthy and finally show everyone what she is as a player with her full potential realized.

I hope she takes the time to work on some sort of game outside of two feet and alley-oops. I don't think Turner has shown any improvement in her game in 3 years. She needs to work on that for the W. She is much too soft, IMO, to be able to bang down low at the pro level.....and she has 0 game outside of the restricted circle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: