RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Florida St (8) @ Notre Dame (5) - 2/26/17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/25/17 5:33 pm    ::: Florida St (8) @ Notre Dame (5) - 2/26/17 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 1:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins & Debbie Antonelli)
Radio: 96.9 FM ND

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2949064/8-florida-state-vs-5-notre-dame

Audio:
http://seminoles.leanplayer.com/

http://watchnd.tv/#!/games/2007159?liveAudio=9nZmtzZDpEtTgp7QVW7nih6uvgH8lbOU (copy/paste)

Live stats:
http://www.und.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1523168&school=nd&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/26/17 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Durantula

PostPosted: 02/25/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Notre Dame wins they win the ACC regular season championship. If FSU wins they both have two losses. Then are they co-champions or do they go to the tie breaker of head to head which then FSU would have?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/25/17 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
If Notre Dame wins they win the ACC regular season championship. If FSU wins they both have two losses. Then are they co-champions or do they go to the tie breaker of head to head which then FSU would have?

They would be co-champs with the tie-breaker coming in play for seeding for the tourney.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Durantula wrote:

They would be co-champs with the tie-breaker coming in play for seeding for the tourney.

Thanks. Its not that common to see co-champs but also to see the two potential co-champs play each other on the last day of the regular season. Since I cannot remember this happening, do you think if FSU won both teams would go to a hoop at the end of the game and cut down nets? Would both teams be honored post game as ACC Champions? While these are probably norms it would just feel odd because it would happen minutes after one team just lost a game. Usually if there are co champs the two teams are playing different opponents. So I'll be tuned in to see what happens although I predict ND will win at home so this is probably all a moot point.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/26/17 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Thanks. Its not that common to see co-champs but also to see the two potential co-champs play each other on the last day of the regular season. Since I cannot remember this happening, do you think if FSU won both teams would go to a hoop at the end of the game and cut down nets? Would both teams be honored post game as ACC Champions? While these are probably norms it would just feel odd because it would happen minutes after one team just lost a game. Usually if there are co champs the two teams are playing different opponents. So I'll be tuned in to see what happens although I predict ND will win at home so this is probably all a moot point.

I'm changing my mind. I think that FSU should cut down nets if they win the game today and I think that ND should also.

There will probably be a conf. rep at the game to hand over the trophy (not sure if they would have one trophy or two).

They will have shirts and hats for ND because they are for sure conf. champs. I'm guessing that they will also have a small supply for the FSU team with their logo on them. It would be a big fail if they aren't ready for that possibility.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/26/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only FSU player that I saw not warming up is wearing sweats with #22 on the leg (Iho Lopez).

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/26/17 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dee is one of the refs. I think Billy Smith is the name of another one. Not sure who the third one is.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Dee is one of the refs. I think Billy Smith is the name of another one. Not sure who the third one is.

Live stats say Dee Kantner, Billy Smith, Mark Resch

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shakayla Thomas is back. Has a brace on her non shooting shoulder, we'll see if that affects her when rebounding and things like that.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

12-3 ND 3 minutes into the game and FSU calls a timeout.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim Mulkey talk during the game. I hope people don't rationalize her comments or treat her with kid gloves.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a challenging matchup for Chatrice White. Turner is so much more athletic and she can bother her shot attempts with her length. Then when ND puts her in pick and roll situations she is in a tough spot.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

25-15 ND after 1. Ogunbowale leading the way with 8 points.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back to back buckets by Turner to start the 2nd and FSU needs a TO. 29-15 ND with 8:57 left in the 2nd.

Imani Wright and Shakayla Thomas a combined 0-8 shooting. Wonder how healthy Thomas is right now.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turner with a really nice start to the game. 3 blocks and 10 points just a minute into the second quarter.

Last edited by Fighting Artichoke on 02/26/17 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

T.wo huge blocks by Turner in the first.

And some really dumb passes.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND Up 43-30 at the half. Turner with 12, Ogunbowale with 11. Romero has 10 points on 3-3 shooting for FSU.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slow start for FSU to start the 3rd. ND up 19 now with 6:51 to go in the 3rd.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My tv guide says ESPN2 is now showing cheerleading and dance. I wonder how much that effects viewership.

- Amanda Gorman
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
My tv guide says ESPN2 is now showing cheerleading and dance. I wonder how much that effects viewership.

Cheerleaders? Maybe they're trying to get guys to tune in? Wink

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ekhomu is going to be a good one for FSU. Very slight and slender but she is quick.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU shooting 39.5% from the field. When you are struggling from the field its helpful to get to the FT line but they have only shot two FT's.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

8-0 run by FSU to end the 3rd. 11 point game

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allen just picked up her 4th foul with 6:04 to go in the game. FSU is down 11.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/26/17 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huge 3 by Westbeld. ND up 12 with 5 to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: