RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/20/22 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Blatant? Certainly. (can you name any 'blatant' political tactic that is at least more beneficial?) Pathetic? No. Everybody, Dems and Repugs alike will suck that gas right up and say "Thank you".

Re: Old News? Yeah, it's not NEW news, but it's a constantly nagging fly that needs a good swatting.

Political tactics, blatant or not, are almost always beneficial to the politician and not to the people s/he is supposed to represent.

That gas will be sold at the same price that Dems & Reps would see at the pumps without the grandstanding of Biden, and it will be gone in a few weeks.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/20/22 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, now....if they're gonna blame Biden for EVERYthing, why NOT pretend you've done something to improve gas prices? Razz Is it any more disingenuous than Trumphole claiming HE created the most fabulous economy? It's true, Joe's tactics don't fool many people, but these same people refuse to see/admit that Biden ALSO isn't responsible for the gas price increases.

PostPosted: 10/21/22 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two wrongs don't make a right.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/21/22 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course it's a stunt. But that's literally what politics is. Experts will tell you that the US president has basically no control over the price of oil. But that doesn't mean they don't pay a political price when they're high. So the flip to that is to seem like you're taking action and to do what little you can to help the country.

In this case the 15 million barrels (which are actually part of the larger 160 million that we're authorized back in... I want to say March?) are meant as a bridge to lower prices in the short term to buy time for American oil producers to ramp up their output.

And I see people missed the point of the impeachment of Trump. It wasn't that he was leveraging someone, or that he was seeking a quid pro quo, or even that it was being done for his own benefit. No. That shit happens all the time. In fact a lot of that is literally in the job description for diplomats. The reason he got impeached was that his actions were not in the country's interest. He was holding hostage something that was essential to our national security for his own gain. And the War in Ukraine makes clear exactly why this is the case.

Biden, on the other hand, while his motivation for trying to get Saudi Arabia to postpone the reduction until after the elections was undoubtedly motivated by those elections, what he was asking for would have been a good thing for Americans. Perhaps not long lasting, but it would also have bought time to do things like increase American production, and if nothing else, even one extra month of lower prices is a good thing.

But I suspect disingenuousness is strong in those peddling this crap, and they know all this full well.

PostPosted: 10/26/22 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Howee wrote:

Stonington_QB wrote:
Howee wrote:
nor did he sack the American ambassador that got in his way, and NOTHING Joe did prompted any people (like those who KNEW and witnessed what Trumphole did) to blow any whistles on him, as they deservedly did on Trumphole.

Are you talking about the "whistleblower" who they wouldn't even subpoena during the impeachment hearings, or the guy who lied about not knowing who he was under oath? Both of them are liars who have no business at all in a government post.

Nice try at conflating 2 very different things, but no....that's NOT who I'm talking about. I'm talking about witnesses like ambassador Yavonovitch, Kurt Volker, Fiona Hill or Alex Vindman. Quality people. After sucking up to Trumphole all this time, you're the LAST person that oughtta hold up "lying" as a fault.

No point in responding to the rest of your nonsense so I'll touch on this part:

First of all, the whistleblower was Eric Ciaramella. That's who I was talking about. As far as the guy who lied about not knowing who he was, that's Vindman. How could you not know that? Get a clue FFS.

A. Ohh, YOU know this cuz you talked to Eric? Orrr....just bought into Rand Paul's (therefore OAN's, Fox's, etc.) illegal tactic of revealing a whistleblower's name. (who ever confirmed that) Anddd....FFS!....WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THE WHISTLEBLOWER NOW? Other than having his rights violated, it's over. Who cares? (other than trumphole supporters) This is how you defective deplorables contort reality. And bring yourself to believe Biden did what Trumphole did. Rolling Eyes

You tell me, you're the one who brought him up. Then I ask you which "whistleblower" you're talking about exactly and you go off on a tangent and start naming all your "heroes" who couldn't "get Trump" and now you're tired of talking about it.

Howee wrote:

B. Even YOU aren't stupid enough to realize you CANNOT refute my basic principles, which is why we get the 'no point in responding' cop-out from you. For more past examples, howz comes you ignored the fact that Ted Cruz admitted publically that 100 senators KNEW Trump committed the quid-pro-quo. Or that Hunter Biden was NOT indicted on the date you said - total crickets, cuz that's all ya got. You totally ignore that and so many others, but continue to obfuscate with your pervasive mist of bullshit. My newsource is PBS newshour - don't think you could handle it, just like you never watched "The Brainwashing of My Dad (and Rebkellians)" .

I can refute literally every point you make. I don't because you drone on about endless things that may / may not be completely irrelevant to the subject matter. Some of the statements you make are so utterly moronic that I don't even bother arguing (like "Biden ALSO isn't responsible for the gas price increases"). Also because I'm not giving you that kind of time.

You can go on and on about Trump. The truth is, you were sold a bill of goods on him (that you bought) and it didn't work out. Quite frankly, I really don't care about that any more. Which is another bill of goods that you were sold on (that you bought again) - which is that everyone who disagrees with you is heavily invested in Trump. Nope. If anyone fits that description, it's your ilk. Also can't forget to add that we all listen to Alex Jones, right? Rolling Eyes

You (and many others like you) think that what the POTUS is doing is OK and excusable, but everyone else out there who can think for themselves can see what he did. Go ahead and make all of the justifications you want. It's funny to me, to watch you (and others) try to rationalize this as "he was trying to temporarily help people for three extra weeks." No, he was not.

Let's put the impeachable crime by the POTUS aside for a minute and look at the big picture here. Can you REALLY not see what he's doing to our own energy independence, as well as our dependence on people who hate us for oil? Or our foreign policy? Our ecomony? Hate to break it to you, but Trump DID hand Biden a perfect economy. Know what else he gave Biden? World peace. Now we have nuclear war on the table. Because of Biden's incompetence and inability to lead (and Afghanistan, and his weakness on the world stage, etc.).

While I'm sure that nothing he did affected YOU, countless people around the world and here in the USA have been. Like in Afghanistan, for example, another reason for impeachment IMHO.

And since you keep mentioning it, here's another thing on a lot of people's minds: What's the real story with the POTUS' dealings abroad involving Hunter? Why was Mar-a-Lago raided with no charges? Why are the Hunter laptop revelations being covered up? There must be nothing there! I'm SURE you're convinced of that too. Just as sure as I am that you think it's great that his corruption is being buried by his willing accomplices.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/26/22 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I can refute literally every point you make.

No. You CAN'T, and you haven't. Blowing these points off as not deserving your time is a total cop-out. For example, how 'bout explaining how your Hunter Biden *indictment* was coming 'next week', and it didn't?. Or Ted Cruz explaining that every senator knew Trumphole did a quid pr quo, even though YOU said there was no such thing?

Quote:
I don't because you drone on about endless things that may / may not be completely irrelevant to the subject matter. Some of the statements you make are so utterly moronic that I don't even bother arguing (like "Biden ALSO isn't responsible for the gas price increases"). Also because I'm not giving you that kind of time.

Again, ANOTHER "proof of idiocy" claim by you. *I* am truly done here. Unlike YOU, who posts 17 paragraphs of obfuscation to tell me you're not responding, I am done. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43

Jump to: