RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn at Tulsa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/17 1:02 pm    ::: UConn at Tulsa Reply Reply with quote

8:00 pm ET SNY

video stream: ESPN3[/b]

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

98-58 final. Samuelson with a career high of 34 on 13-18 (7-12)

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/18/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LouConn has really been firing away lately, I thought Geno was going to try and get her a 40+ point game. I find it hard to believe in a game like this he could only find 7 minutes for Irwin. With a lack of playing time and a bunch of new pieces coming in next year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Uconn have some type of chemistry issues. the 2017-2018 Huskies are reminded me of the 2007-2008 huskies for some reason.
linkster

PostPosted: 01/18/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
LouConn has really been firing away lately, I thought Geno was going to try and get her a 40+ point game. I find it hard to believe in a game like this he could only find 7 minutes for Irwin. With a lack of playing time and a bunch of new pieces coming in next year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Uconn have some type of chemistry issues. the 2017-2018 Huskies are reminded me of the 2007-2008 huskies for some reason.

Getting minutes for UConn is a function of performance in practice. While Bent played for a HS team that sent several of it's players to D1 schools Irwin played on a much less talented program and their offense revolved around her. I always thought she would take at least a season to raise her game. What I like about her is that she runs the floor very very well for a big, she has a perimeter shot and she plays with toughness.

As for next year's roster, I would refer you to the various posts from last April till early November concerning the loss of all their talent. I agree that having six players added to a roster that is losing but 2 might lead to a minutes squeeze but that's a problem most coaches would love having.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/18/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

Getting minutes for UConn is a function of performance in practice. While Bent played for a HS team that sent several of it's players to D1 schools Irwin played on a much less talented program and their offense revolved around her. I always thought she would take at least a season to raise her game. What I like about her is that she runs the floor very very well for a big, she has a perimeter shot and she plays with toughness.

As for next year's roster, I would refer you to the various posts from last April till early November concerning the loss of all their talent. I agree that having six players added to a roster that is losing but 2 might lead to a minutes squeeze but that's a problem most coaches would love having.

Bent and Irwin will not get off the bench next year. They'll be reduced to practice players only.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: