RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ND (7) @ MIAMI (14) 1/8/17 3p E espn2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/08/17 2:27 pm    ::: ND (7) @ MIAMI (14) 1/8/17 3p E espn2 Reply Reply with quote

Watsco Center
Coral Gables, Florida

PostPosted: 01/08/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Miami's streak against the Irish continue?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Will Miami's streak against the Irish continue?

What streak is that? I thought the Irish have won the last 3 meetings.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That charge against the Turner was bullshit. There was no way that player was set. Not even close.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
That charge against the Turner was bullshit. There was no way that player was set. Not even close.

Agreed terrible call

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Patberg looks pretty relaxed for being put on the spot like this. If she can stay healthy, she definitely looks like a player.

- Amanda Gorman
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for agreeing!

Maybe the foul trouble on Lindsay Allen will help the development of Ali and Jackie.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Patberg looks pretty relaxed for being put on the spot like this. If she can stay healthy, she definitely looks like a player.

She's been dealt a tough hand. Missed her whole freshman campaign because she injured herself just before the season started. Had a tough rehab and just was able to practice as the season began and then contracted walking pneumonia. Sure hope she shines now...

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allen can't get in foul trouble. Things just aren't good without her. Nice to see Patberg out there playing though.

Mabrey got nailed with a hell of a screen at the end of the 1st. Glad to see her be able to come back to the court.

Those lobs to Turner have been awful and ineffective today.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not having Allen out there really handicaps the Irish. Sad

Nice to see Patberg and Young get some minutes. Irish should be OK in the second half. Muffet usually makes nice adjustments.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/08/17 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeez what is going on at Notre Dame, they are worse now than early in the season, their defense is terrible.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Jeez what is going on at Notre Dame, they are worse now than early in the season, their defense is terrible.

Really? How much of the game have you watched? By how much did you expect them to win?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/08/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

They've frequently been awful and ineffective all season.

Turner can get plenty of points, and inlet passes to her will be available plenty often, in the normal flow of the game. When they decide at half court they're going to lob it to her come helll or high water, it's just a turnover waiting to happen. They end up telegraphing the pass and either it gets intercepted or thrown six feet over everyone's head.

I hate those forced passes.

I was actually very happy with Patberg. She was very poised and controlled the ball well (except for one trap very late in the game). She obviously still needs to get her shot back. This is a woman who scored a lot of points in HS and led her team to a state championship. Once she gets her touch back, she's going to be a huge addition.

I don't understand Nixtreefan's comment on the defense. It was actually excellent today. They kept Miami from getting good shots and away from the rim all day. Held them WAY under their usual shooting percentage. That's what won the game. The defense was excellent. I wonder if Nixtreefan actually watched the game.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Turner can get plenty of points, and inlet passes to her will be available plenty often, in the normal flow of the game. When they decide at half court they're going to lob it to her come helll or high water, it's just a turnover waiting to happen. They end up telegraphing the pass and either it gets intercepted or thrown six feet over everyone's head.

I was actually very happy with Patberg. She was very poised and controlled the ball well (except for one trap very late in the game). She obviously still needs to get her shot back. This is a woman who scored a lot of points in HS and led her team to a state championship. Once she gets her touch back, she's going to be a huge addition.

I don't understand Nixtreefan's comment on the defense. It was actually excellent today. They kept Miami from getting good shots and away from the rim all day. Held them WAY under their usual shooting percentage. That's what won the game. The defense was excellent. I wonder if Nixtreefan actually watched the game.

That was my question as well. He seems to like to troll ND games and I do not know why. I know that Stanford fans are annoyed by him as well and I believe he is a Stanford fan. Most of the Cardinal fans I know are extremely nice.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 01/08/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

That was my question as well. He seems to like to troll ND games and I do not know why. I know that Stanford fans are annoyed by him as well and I believe he is a Stanford fan. Most of the Cardinal fans I know are extremely nice.

I'm pretty sure I'm not included in this. I've had my moments.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/08/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm not included in this. I've had my moments.

You are included! I like your comments. You're a great poster. I can handle dissent, but Nixtree tries to antagonize, which is why I find his comments annoying.

joetro

PostPosted: 01/08/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched Katie Meyer's press conference? She's fabulous as a person and coach and I totally see why players would want to come and play for her.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/08/17 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kudos to ND....Miami is always a tough out, on the road.

I only saw the last half, and was shocked to hear her layup late in the 3rd quarter was Brianna's first. Shocked I keep thinking that kid just HASTA break out and become A Beast. There was good defense from both teams, but I just wanna believe she's not that easily contained. Only 4 fg attempts is not good.

Defense was pretty tight all around--each team took exactly 56 fg attempts, ND hit 50%, Miami hit 37.5%. Miami forced 21 TOs, (13 steals)

PostPosted: 01/08/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Kudos to ND....Miami is always a tough out, on the road.

I only saw the last half, and was shocked to hear her layup late in the 3rd quarter was Brianna's first. Shocked I keep thinking that kid just HASTA break out and become A Beast. There was good defense from both teams, but I just wanna believe she's not that easily contained. Only 4 fg attempts is not good.

Defense was pretty tight all around--each team took exactly 56 fg attempts, ND hit 50%, Miami hit 37.5%. Miami forced 21 TOs, (13 steals)

Not a bad assessment, Howee. But for the sake of clarity, Notre Dame has a lot of its turnovers after Allen picked up her second personal foul with just under 2 minutes to go in the half. Muffet refused to play her at all after that until the start of the second half and ND accumulated turnovers at a prodigious rate during her absence. I think they had 10 turnovers in the 12 minutes when she was out!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/08/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Debbie made the point several times that ND's transition defense was very effective all game and stopped Miami from capitalizing on those turnovers. At a point when ND already had about 15 turnovers or so, Miami had only scored three points off of those turnovers

Miami really had to work hard for their shots all game, and frequently was forced to take bad shots as the clock was running down. ND switched effectively in the screens and cut off the passing lanes. It was probably the best defensive performance of the year. During the first half when ND's offense was in chaos with Allen out, Turner sleepwalking, and Mabrey then headed to the locker room, Miami was unable to overtake them even though ND wasn't scoring. It was fun to watch, from my standpoint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: