RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Plot Twist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 01/02/17 8:59 pm    ::: Plot Twist Reply Reply with quote

Plot twist for end of season: Duke surprises everybody and upsets UConn in the Final Four..JPM wins her title and gets a ten year extension. Yay or nay

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/02/17 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh fuhgawdsake. How ridiculous can you get? I do think that UConn might get beat by someone totally unexpected though. Just don't know who.

PostPosted: 01/02/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Oh fuhgawdsake. How ridiculous can you get? I do think that UConn might get beat by someone totally unexpected though. Just don't know who.

It's more of a fun poke at the anti-JPM fans who swear she's the el Diabla of women's basketball lol hence the plot twist and ten year extension. I know some people would voluntarily commit themselves Twisted Evil Carry on lol

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/02/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like her either, but i haven't liked Duke for longer than that, and it's a matter of not respecting their fans AT ALL. The Man, OTOH, is a UVA grad, so there's that Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/02/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roll Back Prices!!

Hahahaha. ❤️ it!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/02/17 10:13 pm    ::: Re: Plot Twist Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Plot twist for end of season: Duke surprises everybody and upsets UConn in the Final Four..JPM wins her title and gets a ten year extension. Yay or nay

good one!

PostPosted: 01/02/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

It's more of a fun poke at the anti-JPM fans who swear she's the el Diabla of women's basketball lol hence the plot twist and ten year extension. I know some people would voluntarily commit themselves Twisted Evil Carry on lol

Don't know why people think it's so funny that a horrible person has destroyed a once proud program. Did you see all the empty seats at tonight's game vs Louisville? There's only one thing that will get us back into that stadium: the witch must go. If the team keeps winning, they might get a whole new batch of people jumping on a bandwagon. But there's one BIG group of fans who won't be there.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/02/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Don't know why people think it's so funny that a horrible person has destroyed a once proud program. Did you see all the empty seats at tonight's game vs Louisville? There's only one thing that will get us back into that stadium: the witch must go. If the team keeps winning, they might get a whole new batch of people jumping on a bandwagon. But there's one BIG group of fans who won't be there.

And whose loss would that be?

They're 13-1. They've beaten #3 SCar, #8 Louisville, #17 Kentucky. They have a great recruiting class. This looks like the best Duke team in years.

Unless there is a total collapse, why would the school fire McCallie after a year like this is shaping up to be? They'd be the laughing stock of WCBB and no decent coach would work for them.

Sad for those former fans that will miss the fun of this season.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/02/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Highly unlikely, possibly painful, but those of us with no skin in the game would probably be laughing our asses off.

PostPosted: 01/03/17 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
It's more of a fun poke at the anti-JPM fans who swear she's the el Diabla of women's basketball lol hence the plot twist and ten year extension
Ya. That's about as fun of a 'poke' as learning Macy Miller is deciding to forego her leftover time for the Jackrabbits. Laughing

ArtBest23 wrote:
Sad for those former fans that will miss the fun of this season.
Rolling Eyes I think it's sad that, for all your (implied) learnedness, so many of the finer details associated with understanding the nuance of humans and their group dynamics seem to elude you.

I personally could accept that, after her Investigation/Intervention, JPM might actually have learned some things about being a better coach, and this might have resulted in a more impressive season (thus far) re: w/l records. Great.

BUT RESTORING A SHREDDED FAN BASE TAKES MORE EFFORT AND TIME THAN A SHINY NEW SEASON OF WINS. Gail G built that fan base. And not attaining a NC didn't diminish it one bit: the fans loved the squads AND her AND their classy style. It was the Duke culture.

JPM demolished that. And lost a lot of players. Think what they'd be with Azura now, or Sierra. And her (frequently filmed-for-all-eternity) battiness may now be tempered into a coach that has a decent team. But long-time fans that sustained and supported their teams aren't so quick to come back.
The JPM "culture" is still there, in the air, and the empty benches prove it. Season ticket holders are a commodity that every school should treasure. Dedicated fans (the Dook Krazies!) play HUGE roles in games, and are the lifeblood of the Better Teams' energies.

Time will almost certainly change that at Duke: either JPM leaves, or new fans climb on board. But only a streak of meanness would find such 'pokes' so enjoyable here: I mean, one light-hearted poke about potential irony is one thing, but then to belabor it further [read: what's wrong with y 'all for not getting over it?] is not decent etiquette, imo.

Last edited by Howee on 01/03/17 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
ridor

PostPosted: 01/03/17 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think NC State has better chance of beating UConn than Duke as of lately. JPM just cannot handle Geno, period.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/03/17 8:30 pm    ::: Re: Plot Twist Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

I think that plot requires at least one "out for the season" to one of UConn's starters.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/03/17 9:18 pm    ::: Re: Plot Twist Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

If the question is whether Duke's beating UConn in the FF and winning the NC would be a great plot twist for the season, my answer would be yay.

If the question is whether I think this plot twist will happen . . . nay.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/06/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Tennessee would be a good match up vs this Uconn team and could beat them should they meet in the Tournament!
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/06/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^^^^^^ A even better plot!

PostPosted: 01/06/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's my plot twist: The Huskies lose in the National Championship...in an all-Husky final. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: