RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DNS Podcast: Can Brenda Frese & Maryland beat UConn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/27/16 10:29 am    ::: DNS Podcast: Can Brenda Frese & Maryland beat UConn? Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
When Maryland won the national championship in 2006, it was an extraordinary team of two sophomores, one junior and two freshmen that did it. This year’s group is as tenacious and has the benefit of senior leadership coach Frese says on this week’s Dishin & Swishin podcast. Can they go the distance as well?

It is a pleasure to welcome coach Frese back to Dishin & Swishin! Some of the topics covered in this podcast are:

- The similarities between this year’s team and the 2006 championship team
- Jones and Walker-Kimbrough performing at such a high level, even doing more than expected
- Slocum being one of the top freshmen in the country, and her importance, especially against UConn
- UConn’s success this season, is it surprising, and Maryland’s willingness to play the Huskies each year, while some other schools waited for “the Big Three” to graduate
- Criticism of her early season non-conference schedule, and why it was scheduled that way
- The Big Ten conference this season and expectations

http://po.st/tjwE1D

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 12/27/16 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really good stuff, David. Greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into these. Coach Frese is one of the nicest people I've known in my years around the game.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/27/16 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LegoMyEggo wrote:
Really good stuff, David. Greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into these. Coach Frese is one of the nicest people I've known in my years around the game.

Thank you very much! It's nice to feel appreciated.

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 12/27/16 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slocum is fun to watch. Not sure her impact can fully be measured by statistics. Probably more of a pure PG than Toliver was, but KT was an assassin with her shooting when she was focused.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/27/16 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LegoMyEggo wrote:
Slocum is fun to watch. Not sure her impact can fully be measured by statistics. Probably more of a pure PG than Toliver was, but KT was an assassin with her shooting when she was focused.

We're going to see how she handles pressure and physicality this week I think. I expect Nurse to body her if the refs let her.

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 12/28/16 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, she's played against Louisville and "physical" would be a kind description of how they play. LOL

Obviously, Geno knows how to take away opponent's best players, so it will be interesting.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 12/28/16 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland is capable of winning, but they won't. I wonder if Chong will be the Huskies secret weapon again like she was last year with her game winning 3 against the Terps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: