RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cal's Kristine Anigwe scores 50!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pearbear

PostPosted: 12/09/16 1:20 am    ::: Cal's Kristine Anigwe scores 50! Reply Reply with quote

The sophomore established a new school record and ties the Pac-12 record--all in 24 minutes!

http://bearinsider.com/news/story.php?article=2262

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/09/16 3:23 am    ::: Re: Cal's Kristine Anigwe scores 50! Reply Reply with quote

pearbear wrote:
The sophomore established a new school record and ties the Pac-12 record--all in 24 minutes!

Wow!

pearbear

PostPosted: 12/09/16 4:46 am    ::: Re: Cal's Kristine Anigwe scores 50! Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
pearbear wrote:

Wow!

Apparently, 50 is the highest total so far this year in Div 1 basketball--women or men.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/09/16 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The title should include against Sac St whose starters and players are all short, tallest is 6' 1" and she is the worst of the group Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/16 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would you say Precious Hall's 46 pts in OT against a P5 school known for defense is a better performance? She knocked down 6 threes, 9 twos, and 10 FTs.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/09/16 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Absolutely and bravo to the young lady. Standing in the paint towering over an opponent while your team easily feeds you the ball at the basket not even any where near that type of performance. Cal should have played their bench players to give them some game experience.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 12/09/16 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Absolutely and bravo to the young lady. Standing in the paint towering over an opponent while your team easily feeds you the ball at the basket not even any where near that type of performance. Cal should have played their bench players to give them some game experience.

No need to be bitter.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 12/09/16 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe's not the first tall gal to be defended by shorter opponents. Yet 50 point margins are not rung up on the regular. Give her credit. Congrats to Kristine.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/09/16 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She did have to actually put the ball in the hoop...a whole lot of times. Many wouldn't have been able to do it, even against the little defense provided. Once she started scoring so easily maybe Coach just wanted to let her have her big day. I don't have a problem with that once in awhile. It's not like she was played 38 minutes or something ridiculous. I mean it was 50 points in 24 minutes. That's pretty awesome.

- Amanda Gorman
pearbear

PostPosted: 12/09/16 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Cal should have played their bench players to give them some game experience.

Well, Cal played all 9 players available (Penina Davidson was out due to illness). Everyone had double-digit minutes. Anigwe's 24 minutes was 5th highest on the team.

But you know, those are just details and facts, don't let them get in the way.

Here is the boxscore, in case you care to verify: http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/calberk.sidearmsports.com/documents/2016/12/9/Cal_vs_Sacramento_State.pdf

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 12/09/16 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Anigwe! Very impressive.

I haven't watched Cal play yet this year, but if I recall correctly, they had 0 seniors last year. I'm not sure if they lost anybody. Last year they were exploding with athleticism and had so much potential. By the looks of it, they are starting to put it together this season.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 12/09/16 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Oh please, spare me.

Cal DID play their bench...a lot. For the record 4 players played more minutes than Kristine and only 9 suited up. Nina was sick so DNP....Thomas and Cowlings got nicked up a bit too...

Sacramento chooses to play the way the do...swarming, moving, shooting....I don't particularly like watching them, but frankly Cal did what they did because that was the way to beat them....12 of KA's points were FT....here's the box score if you want to bother to investigate: http://www.calbears.com/boxscore.aspx?id=13286

Last year Kristine scored 43 against them....you going to hold that against her (and Cal) too?

Kristine was named last year's FOY for a reason....the team fed her the ball for a reason.

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/09/16 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post-game Cal Bears with Gottlieb and Anigwe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDbYKVCQuw

I searched for a highlight video of the game, but I can imagine how boring it would be since it sounds like it was mostly chippies. Nevertheless, congrats to Ms. Anigwe!

PostPosted: 12/09/16 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Post-game Cal Bears with Gottlieb and Anigwe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDbYKVCQuw

I searched for a highlight video of the game, but I can imagine how boring it would be since it sounds like it was mostly chippies. Nevertheless, congrats to Ms. Anigwe!

Just a brief (yes, mostly boring) clip: https://twitter.com/CalWBBall/status/807408644018966528

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Oh please, spare me.

Cal DID play their bench...a lot. For the record 4 players played more minutes than Kristine and only 9 suited up. Nina was sick so DNP....Thomas and Cowlings got nicked up a bit too...

Sacramento chooses to play the way the do...swarming, moving, shooting....I don't particularly like watching them, but frankly Cal did what they did because that was the way to beat them....12 of KA's points were FT....here's the box score if you want to bother to investigate: http://www.calbears.com/boxscore.aspx?id=13286

Last year Kristine scored 43 against them....you going to hold that against her (and Cal) too?

Kristine was named last year's FOY for a reason....the team fed her the ball for a reason.

LMAO, obviously they didn't know she was padding stats against 5' 8" players.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

No need to be bitter.

Too funny, let them keep doing it I say, as once they get to PAC 12 it will bite them in the butt just like last year. Wink But lets not pretend that this is anything more than what it is, padding stats and the fact that LG didn't want to use this opportunity to work on the many weaknesses of her team.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Congrats to Anigwe! Very impressive.

I haven't watched Cal play yet this year, but if I recall correctly, they had 0 seniors last year. I'm not sure if they lost anybody. Last year they were exploding with athleticism and had so much potential. By the looks of it, they are starting to put it together this season.

They lost their best passer in Gabby Green, she transferred out.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry but this not good for women's basketball, I think most people knew she could make lay ups against short players, maybe they should have practiced her passing which is none existent by putting her at the high post. Cal got nothing out of this game other than racking up stats for Anigwe in the pts column, which helps no one on their team.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
She did have to actually put the ball in the hoop...a whole lot of times. Many wouldn't have been able to do it, even against the little defense provided. Once she started scoring so easily maybe Coach just wanted to let her have her big day. I don't have a problem with that once in awhile. It's not like she was played 38 minutes or something ridiculous. I mean it was 50 points in 24 minutes. That's pretty awesome.

I think Chiney could have scored a few 50 pt games and it wold have been against much better talent than Sac St, Nneka definitely, but Tara would never have allowed that to happen.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever. Clearly you don't like Cal and that's your choice. Troll away...

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 12/10/16 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I think Chiney could have scored a few 50 pt games and it wold have been against much better talent than Sac St, Nneka definitely, but Tara would never have allowed that to happen.

Yeah Tara always plays her bench as much as possible.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 12/10/16 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

They lost their best passer in Gabby Green, she transferred out.

That sounds familiar--thanks for the reminder.

myrtle wrote:
It's not like she was played 38 minutes or something ridiculous. I mean it was 50 points in 24 minutes. That's pretty awesome.

What myrtle said.

I get that no team wants to allow a player to drop 50 on them, and maybe that's bit embarrassing for that team's fans. I'm not exactly a big fan of Gottlieb, but considering it from Cal's view...if you can get the ball to your 6'4" player deep in the paint for high-percentage "chippies" over and over again, why wouldn't you? Again, Anigwe played that game for just 24 minutes. Maybe Sac St should have done more to keep her out of the paint, even if it meant allowing her more free throws.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/11/16 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="CalwbbFan"]Whatever. Clearly you don't like Cal and that's your choice. Troll away...[/quote]

And clearly you do lol. 50 pts on midgets go feel special.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 12/11/16 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="bcdawg04"][quote="Nixtreefan"]
They lost their best passer in Gabby Green, she transferred out.[/quote]

That sounds familiar--thanks for the reminder.

[quote="myrtle"]It's not like she was played 38 minutes or something ridiculous. I mean it was 50 points in 24 minutes. That's pretty awesome.[/quote]

What myrtle said.

I get that no team wants to allow a player to drop 50 on them, and maybe that's bit embarrassing for that team's fans. I'm not exactly a big fan of Gottlieb, but considering it from Cal's view...if you can get the ball to your 6'4" player deep in the paint for high-percentage "chippies" over and over again, why wouldn't you? Again, Anigwe played that game for just 24 minutes. Maybe Sac St should have done more to keep her out of the paint, even if it meant allowing her more free throws.[/quote]

And what did Cal and Anigwe get out of that game or what did the rest of her team get out of that game and I mean what the heck did anyone get out of that game and why even have it, it's not like it is a PAC game they knew how small Sac was. A lot of sorry excuses that makes the women's game look like a joke.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/11/16 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good grief. Let the Cal fans have their damn moment without belittling it or throwing other teams into it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: