RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seton Hall @ Rutgers - 12/13/16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/13/16 5:28 pm    ::: Seton Hall @ Rutgers - 12/13/16 Reply Reply with quote

Piscataway, NJ - 7:00 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Jason Horowitz & Vera Jones)
Radio: 88.7 FM NJ

Video:
http://www.btn2go.com/game/seton-hall-at-rutgers-on-12132016

Audio:
http://radio.rutgers.edu/listen-live/

Live stats:
http://www.scarletknights.com/gametracker/launch/?event=1497692&school=rutu&sport=wbaskbl&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/13/16 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durantula

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers scored 4 points in the 2nd, and now has 20 in the 3rd. RU up 3 after being down 11 at half.

Durantula

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RU up 38-37 after 3.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is part of the reason I thought one player scoring 46 pts on Rutgers is pretty impressive. Defense tends to be their thing. Offense, not so much.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Durantula

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall's Hilaire goes down with a leg injury but fortunately she gets up and limps off the court. Tied at 41 all, 5:54 left in the 4th quarter.

Durantula

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both teams have more turnovers than field goals made. Rutgers has not made a single free throw all game, 0-3 and we only have 3 minutes to go.

SHU up 45-43

Durantula

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RU up 46-45, 1:30 to go in the game.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers is bigger and heavier but Seton Hall is what my dad would have called "pestiferous". RU keeps missing shots. This is a mess.

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RU up 6 with 25 seconds to go. Huge win for them considering how their season has started.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/14/16 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reports from our man on the scene indicate that JaQuan Jackson got shot-happy tonight, and Quanny is streaky as all hell (and tends to not admit it). Lots of frosh for the Hall, and the RAC's not an easy place to play.

PostPosted: 12/14/16 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you follow the SHU men too? Tremendous win for them last night. Although SCar almost sank a shot from the opposite foul line as time expired that would have sent the game to OT. Ball bounced off the front of the rim and the backboard. Nearly went in. Remarkable effort. But not quite remarkable enough

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/14/16 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Do you follow the SHU men too? Tremendous win for them last night. Although SCar almost sank a shot from the opposite foul line as time expired that would have sent the game to OT. Ball bounced off the front of the rim and the backboard. Nearly went in. Remarkable effort. But not quite remarkable enough

Happycappie follows them a little more closely, but my relationship with men's college basketball in general is somewhere between "I'll watch whatever's on" and "I don't really care, but I'm going to hear about them peripherally from the WBB accounts I follow". I like upsets, I like pointing and laughing at Power 5 teams that lose to teams from one-bid conferences, I like seeing dynasties end, and the NCAA tournament is my drug.

Upon further review, the second half of that is pretty accurate to my interest in WCBB too, except when my teams get upset I start swearing a lot.

Edited to add: the "do you follow the men?" question normally annoys me, because it's the first thing anyone asks me if I tell them I'm a St. John's fan... and even when I tell them, "no, not really" they persist in talking about the men instead of the women. It's endemic among STJ boosters/supporters; we have acquaintances who boost pretty much every sport except MBB at St. John's, and even at non-MBB events all anyone wants to talk about is MBB.

PostPosted: 12/14/16 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Happycappie follows them a little more closely, but my relationship with men's college basketball in general is somewhere between "I'll watch whatever's on" and "I don't really care, but I'm going to hear about them peripherally from the WBB accounts I follow". I like upsets, I like pointing and laughing at Power 5 teams that lose to teams from one-bid conferences, I like seeing dynasties end, and the NCAA tournament is my drug.

Upon further review, the second half of that is pretty accurate to my interest in WCBB too, except when my teams get upset I start swearing a lot.

Edited to add: the "do you follow the men?" question normally annoys me, because it's the first thing anyone asks me if I tell them I'm a St. John's fan... and even when I tell them, "no, not really" they persist in talking about the men instead of the women. It's endemic among STJ boosters/supporters; we have acquaintances who boost pretty much every sport except MBB at St. John's, and even at non-MBB events all anyone wants to talk about is MBB.

Queenie, you sound a lot like me! I *sort of* follow Wisconsin because I went to school there (and the women's team is pretty abysmal since former AD Pat Richter scuttled them in the 90s), but otherwise my attitude is kind of colored by the joke at Tennessee in the late 90s-early 2000s, "MEN play basketball at Tennessee?" (The same could be said of James Madison recently, BTW). I do watch the early rounds of the men's NCAA, but I usually lose interest after the E8 unless Wisconsin is involved. I'll usually watch whatever WBB game is on my TV, though, even if I don't know the teams... provided The Man doesn't want it for something else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: