RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Green Bay @ Marquette - 12/06/16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/05/16 10:00 pm    ::: Green Bay @ Marquette - 12/06/16 Reply Reply with quote

Milwaukee, WI - 8:30 PM ET
TV: TWC SportsChannel

Audio:
http://wnflsports.com/listen-live/

Live stats:
http://www.gomarquette.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1508895&school=marq&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/06/16 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/05/16 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big game. The battle for Wisconsin! (Sorry Badgers.)

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Big game. The battle for Wisconsin! (Sorry Badgers.)

The Badgers lost at UW-Milwaukee so they definitely aren't in contention for best of the state this year. UWGB has been the best team in the state for most years the last decade or so. I am excited and nervous for this one - UWGB owns the series 33-8 and has won the last four games against Marquette.

Go Marquette!

Shades

PostPosted: 12/06/16 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5-0 GB early on

Shades

PostPosted: 12/06/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GB rolling over Marquette 21-7 with 3:00 left in first

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

It is all UWGB as they lead 23-11 after one quarter. Besides the deficit, MU is in trouble with two fouls on Allazia Blockton already.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/16 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Shades wrote:

It is all UWGB as they lead 23-11 after one quarter. Besides the deficit, MU is in trouble with two fouls on Allazia Blockton already.

Is Kieger one to hold out a player with 2 fouls until the second half?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Shades wrote:

Are you sure Allazia has two fouls? The stat page says only one.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Shades wrote:

Are you sure Allazia has two fouls? The stat page says only one.

You are right - late first quarter foul was on Davenport and not Blockton like I thought at first.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now it is two for sure on Blockton on a questionable decision by her that not surprisingly got a charge called on her. I was slightly optimistic the first couple minutes of the quarter but not any more - UWGB looks well on their way to the blowout - 32-16 with 4:55 to go in the first half.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Now it is two for sure on Blockton on a questionable decision by her that not surprisingly got a charge called on her. I was slightly optimistic the first couple minutes of the quarter but not any more - UWGB looks well on their way to the blowout - 32-16 with 4:55 to go in the first half.

Sad

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UWGB definitely looks like the much better team and it shows as they lead 41-26 at the half

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes. Three PF for Blockton in the first half. 41-26 GB.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2nd and 3rd fouls were poor decisions on her part in my opinion too. She needs to avoid foul trouble.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

2nd and 3rd fouls were poor decisions on her part in my opinion too. She needs to avoid foul trouble.

She's just a sophomore. Hopefully she learns that soon. Was her decision-making better last season?

joetro

PostPosted: 12/06/16 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really surprised UWGB isn't ranked.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/06/16 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette teased me a tad getting within 8 at one point but UWGB quickly extended the lead and will easily win this one - they are up 75-56 with 1:43 to go

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 12/06/16 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regardless, Marquette has given you a lot to look forward to this season (thus far). Should be a fun ride. Smile

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/07/16 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

She's just a sophomore. Hopefully she learns that soon. Was her decision-making better last season?

In my opinion the decision making is about the same this year as last year. I think the 5 sophomores on this team who play the most (King, Hiedemann, Blockton, Wilborn and Davenport) all seem older to me because they played so much last season as frosh Smile

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/07/16 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regardless, Marquette has given you a lot to look forward to this season (thus far). Should be a fun ride. Smile

I don't know - I'm questioning a lot after this game. Credit has to be given to UWGB of course and I couldn't help to be impressed by their play at times. But Marquette just did not look good at all tonight and I found myself wondering if they do have a good shot at making the NCAA's this season or not (before the season started I thought so but after tonight I'm just not sure about that).

I'm also quite depressed by our lack of fans - this was a huge game for MU and the attendance in the boxscore was all of 903. And that was with a pretty decent size contingent from UWGB there. There was an overlapping Marquette Men's game going on but there really aren't that many fans who go to both the men's and the women's games for MU.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/07/16 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

I don't know - I'm questioning a lot after this game. Credit has to be given to UWGB of course and I couldn't help to be impressed by their play at times. But Marquette just did not look good at all tonight and I found myself wondering if they do have a good shot at making the NCAA's this season or not (before the season started I thought so but after tonight I'm just not sure about that).

I'm also quite depressed by our lack of fans - this was a huge game for MU and the attendance in the boxscore was all of 903. And that was with a pretty decent size contingent from UWGB there. There was an overlapping Marquette Men's game going on but there really aren't that many fans who go to both the men's and the women's games for MU.

I used to go to Marquette games when they were in the Big East. The only game that was a sellout was the game against UCONN back when they had Moore, Charles, and the rest of that championship squad. Marquette home games would always look like Syracuse home games. The place would be so empty it would echo.

PostPosted: 12/07/16 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They played so well on their West Coast tour, I'm really surprised they've already fallen so far off the cliff.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/07/16 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
They played so well on their West Coast tour, I'm really surprised they've already fallen so far off the cliff.

They had the win at Oregon State but then lost to Santa Clara - definitely a bad loss. Maybe I am overreacting but things did not look good at all against UWGB. This was the toughest opponent left on their non-conference schedule.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/07/16 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They had the win at Oregon State but then lost to Santa Clara - definitely a bad loss. Maybe I am overreacting but things did not look good at all against UWGB. This was the toughest opponent left on their non-conference schedule.

yeah, I've been underwhelmed by OrSU but was impressed with Marquette in that game. Heideman in particular was hitting shots from everywhere with hands in her face....but it looks like that only happens sometimes.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: