RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

94-0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/03/16 3:30 pm    ::: 94-0 Reply Reply with quote

What WCBB player had a 94-0 won-loss record for games she played in during three seasons?
tfan

PostPosted: 12/03/16 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marci Czel?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/03/16 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Marci Czel?

Czel is not the player I've identified, but I had to look her up to make sure about her record. I don't know what her won-loss record is, but Czel didn't play in 94 games in any three seasons.

The player I have in mind achieved the 94-0 record in games played in three consecutive seasons, all this century.
Shades

PostPosted: 12/03/16 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it's something not obvious because Maya was 150-4 at UConn.

I'm guessing it's somebody who was part of UConn's 90-win streak, but didn't play the game that ended the streak for some reason. I suppose it could be someone who didn't play in the game lost before the streak started.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/03/16 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/03/16 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I'm guessing it's somebody who was part of UConn's 90-win streak

No.
tfan

PostPosted: 12/04/16 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In looking for players who played 94 games in three years I came up with Tierney Lawlor. I have to assume she never saw time in a loss. She is the Marci Czel of her day, but has the benefit of playing on the smaller rosters that Luigi ''Geno" Auriemma currently prefers - making it easier to get in the numerous blowout games.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/04/16 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
In looking for players who played 94 games in three years I came up with Tierney Lawlor. I have to assume she never saw time in a loss. She is the Marci Czel of her day, but has the benefit of playing on the smaller rosters that Luigi ''Geno" Auriemma currently prefers - making it easier to get in the numerous blowout games.

Yes, Tierney Lawlor, a walk on. During her first three seasons, UConn was 116-1. Lawlor played in 94 games, all wins.

Fellow senior Saniya Chong was 108-1 in the games she played in during her first three years. In her only loss, by two points in overtime in the second game of her sophomore year, Chong was second high scorer with 20 points, shooting 8-13 and 4-9 from the arc. Yet, she was removed from the starting lineup after that game in favor of Kia Nurse.

UConn is now 123-1 in the Lawlor-Chong era.
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 12/04/16 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:

Yes, Tierney Lawlor, a walk on. During her first three seasons, UConn was 116-1. Lawlor played in 94 games, all wins.

Fellow senior Saniya Chong was 108-1 in the games she played in during her first three years. In her only loss, by two points in overtime in the second game of her sophomore year, Chong was second high scorer with 20 points, shooting 8-13 and 4-9 from the arc. Yet, she was removed from the starting lineup after that game in favor of Kia Nurse.

UConn is now 123-1 in the Lawlor-Chong era.

Thank goodness Stanford handed Chong a loss otherwise we'd never hear the end of it.

I mean. Impressive, kudos to Lawlor.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/04/16 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is she getting kudos for luck, or was she responsible for a bulk of those wins?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: