RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bracketology
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/27/17 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Too stupid to know anything about it. Rolling Eyes

No, he's too busy, working!

LMAO.

^ It's amazing to me that this is allowed on this forum in a signature. I mean, what if I put one that said "Silly, stupid black people." Man, I bet I get called a racist in a New York minute and maybe even get banned for a week from the site. Yet this is ok I guess.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/27/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme has a new bracket up today.

If it were to come out this way, the "screwee of the year" award would have to go to Maryland. Not only does he have them as the 2 seed in Bridgeport, but first they would have to beat Tennessee and then Florida State for the chance to play UConn.

Good luck with that.

Washington vs Syracuse might be one of the most entertaining games in Creme's proposed tournament. I'd watch that game any time.

He sets up a Louisville-Baylor matchup too. That would be interesting.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/27/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

If it were to come out this way, the "screwee of the year" award would have to go to Maryland. Not only does he have them as the 2 seed in Bridgeport, but first they would have to beat Tennessee and then Florida State for the chance to play UConn.

Good luck with that.http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Looks to me like he's got Maryland as the 3 seed in Bridgeport-- which is the 9th ranked team overall. The Terps *were* the 7th-ranked team in the committee's last snapshot, and since then they took a loss to RPI #24 Ohio State, so being doinked down to the 9th rank doesn't seem like such a screw-job to me.

My own Bruins, in that same bracket, have a bigger gripe, IMO. They were the 13th-ranked team as of the committee's last snapshot, and since then have gone undefeated, and yet somehow Creme bumps them down to the 4 seed in Bridgeport, with is theoretically supposed to go the 16th ranked team. If UCLA indeed gets dropped 3 slots as punishment for winning two road games, that's a screw-job.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Looks to me like he's got Maryland as the 3 seed in Bridgeport-- which is the 9th ranked team overall. The Terps *were* the 7th-ranked team in the committee's last snapshot, and since then they took a loss to RPI #24 Ohio State, so being doinked down to the 9th rank doesn't seem like such a screw-job to me.

My own Bruins, in that same bracket, have a bigger gripe, IMO. They were the 13th-ranked team as of the committee's last snapshot, and since then have gone undefeated, and yet somehow Creme bumps them down to the 4 seed in Bridgeport, with is theoretically supposed to go the 16th ranked team. If UCLA indeed gets dropped 3 slots as punishment for winning two road games, that's a screw-job.

I think Texas was sent to the UConn region two years in a row.

If you watched the UConn game vs Tulane you might want to be in that region. Of course Nurse will most likely be back, but if she isnt, I would think UConn would be the top team to play................this season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lucky Texas A&M who would get to host as a 6 seed instead of Stanford, who can't host.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

yeah, his arm is sore from signing all those proclamations taking away freedoms.

- Amanda Gorman
bucks4now

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

yeah, his arm is sore from signing all those proclamations taking away freedoms.

Wrong again, just trying to undo all the damage from the past 8 years.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme's article on championship week: http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18776596/which-teams-most-gain-lose-championship-week

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

3rd not 2nd for Maryland. My mistake. But the point was the string of games they face. No one else has a gauntlet like that. I wasn't suggesting their seed was unfair. Might be too high if anything.

I don't understand your focus on a S curve that they never claim to strictly follow.. it certainly doesn't dictate region assignments with the level of precision you are attributing to it. And UCLA can't be placed in other regions in this structure because there are already higher seeded PAC teams in each of the other regions. And personally I'd much rather face Missouri than Tenn in the second round.

In any event, any similarity between this bracket and the final official bracket is purely coincidental. It's fun to talk about, but it certainly isn't worth getting upset about.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the committee is telling Maryland these are the teams they need to schedule in the regular season.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

If you watched the UConn game vs Tulane you might want to be in that region. Of course Nurse will most likely be back, but if she isnt, I would think UConn would be the top team to play................this season.

I doubt if anyone wants to play UConn on one of UConn's own occasional home courts in front of about 9000 UConn fans.

I'd much rather play them in Dallas than in Bridgeport.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/27/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming the 1 seeds hold then I would rank them UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame and S Carolina. The later three all lost to UConn. Baylor has but one other loss, at Texas. Notre Dame and S Carolina have two common opponents other than UConn, Duke and Tenn. Notre Dame lost at Tenn and won at home vs Duke while S Car lost at home to Tenn and lost at Duke.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/27/17 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Assuming the 1 seeds hold then I would rank them UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame and S Carolina. The later three all lost to UConn. Baylor has but one other loss, at Texas. Notre Dame and S Carolina have two common opponents other than UConn, Duke and Tenn. Notre Dame lost at Tenn and won at home vs Duke while S Car lost at home to Tenn and lost at Duke.

With that formula SC is the weakest 1 Seed with Baylor Being #2 and ND #3. Baylor lost at home to UT btw and beat them At texas but i knew what you meant Laughing

PostPosted: 02/27/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

With that formula SC is the weakest 1 Seed with Baylor Being #2 and ND #3. Baylor lost at home to UT btw and beat them At texas but i knew what you meant Laughing

I'd say that these rankings will hold as long as all 3 win their conference tournaments. My wish is for Tenn to win the SECT, get the 16th overall seed and make it to Bridgeport.

If you take two teams that always make the NCAA's as different seeds, there is a 1 in 4 chance that they will be in the same region in any one year. This year will mark the 9th straight year that UConn and Tenn have been put in different regions. If this was a craps game I'd be asking for new dice.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who is the best of FSU, MS ST, TEX, and OR ST?

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
myrtle wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Check out this list of horrible things that Obama did and tell us what damage you experienced: http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/22/trump-voters-say-suffered-8-years-obama-heres-perfect-response/

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
who is the best of FSU, MS ST, TEX, and OR ST?

tossup. Depends on the day, time, opponent. Texas just lost three in a row, including to ISU, so that should move them a long way DOWN. OrSU is at least winning, but I don't think they're a great team. MSU I thought was over-rated, but they kept showing me up, now I don't know what to think about them, but they seem to lose to the really good teams and the middlin good teams, and beat up on the lessers. Not impressed there either. FSU I just don't know - haven't paid close enough attention to them.

bottom line: none seem great.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/27/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
myrtle wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Check out this list of horrible things that Obama did and tell us what damage you experienced: http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/22/trump-voters-say-suffered-8-years-obama-heres-perfect-response/

When you strip away all the bs, the only thing left is melanin.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/27/17 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/27/17 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys, can we keep the political element over in Area 51, please? Aren't there enough college-related reasons for us all to flip our shit?

PostPosted: 02/27/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sorry

PostPosted: 02/27/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The committee is going to have a job filling the last few at-large slots. There are all kinds of contenders with major deficiencies in their resumes.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The committee is going to have a job filling the last few at-large slots. There are all kinds of contenders with major deficiencies in their resumes.

yeah, it's more like who deserves it less rather than who deserves it more. Pretty ugly.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/27/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

yeah, it's more like who deserves it less rather than who deserves it more. Pretty ugly.

Along those lines, Creme tweeted about UVA after their loss to NCSt yesterday "Still in. Not a bad loss today and, frankly, no one really better to replace them."

I laughed at the last part of that.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/27/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Along those lines, Creme tweeted about UVA after their loss to NCSt yesterday "Still in. Not a bad loss today and, frankly, no one really better to replace them."

I've seen no mention of Iowa but their RPI is 55 vs. UVA's 53, which is close. Iowa's SOS is 31 though compared to 56 for UVA. Iowa's non-conf RPI is 26 vs. UVA's 77. UVA has non-conf SOS of 238 vs. Iowa's #4 non-conf SOS.

Both teams struggle vs. the top 50. UVA 2-7 vs. top 50, Iowa is 2-9.

Not saying Iowa should be in, but I think to Creme's point, there probably are teams outside of his bracket that are comparable to the last 4 teams in.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/27/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

I've seen no mention of Iowa but their RPI is 55 vs. UVA's 53, which is close. Iowa's SOS is 31 though compared to 56 for UVA. Iowa's non-conf RPI is 26 vs. UVA's 77. UVA has non-conf SOS of 238 vs. Iowa's #4 non-conf SOS.

Both teams struggle vs. the top 50. UVA 2-7 vs. top 50, Iowa is 2-9.

Not saying Iowa should be in, but I think to Creme's point, there probably are teams outside of his bracket that are comparable to the last 4 teams in.

I think he would tell you the difference is the absence of a good win. That seems apparent from his comment about Iowa STATE being in after beating Texas. Creme's article says "Now Iowa State has something only Virginia can claim among bubble teams: a win over a top-15 RPI opponent.". UVA beat FSU, you recall. Iowa's best win is James Madison. Big difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: