RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Natalie Romeo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/14/16 10:44 am    ::: Natalie Romeo Reply Reply with quote

Husky head coach Mike Neighbors is tweeting that Natalie Romeo was granted eligibility by the NCAA and will be playing for UW tonight.

The Huskies are competing in the WN I T preseason along with Romeo's former team Nebraska. in fact the two teams could meet up this Thursday in Lincoln as that tournament winds down.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 11/14/16 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was eligible on Friday and played in their first game; played 17 minutes.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400912223

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/15/16 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And again tonight 27 minutes. Looks like they are gradually working her in. I expect she'll play a bigger role by the time conference comes around. It's not like their other guards (not including Plum) are exactly ripping the nets.

- Amanda Gorman
mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/15/16 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't get how a kid who played in 31 games for another school the season before gets immediate eligibility. The NCAA might as well throw out the transfer rule.

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/15/16 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
I don't get how a kid who played in 31 games for another school the season before gets immediate eligibility. The NCAA might as well throw out the transfer rule.

I knew you'd come around ...

After all, why should Romeo sit when the coach who hired her, er. recruited her, got fired?

PostPosted: 11/15/16 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
And again tonight 27 minutes. Looks like they are gradually working her in. I expect she'll play a bigger role by the time conference comes around. It's not like their other guards (not including Plum) are exactly ripping the nets.

She was big last night. Kingma reportedly injured her hand last night after playing just 8 minutes. MacDonald has missed both games with an undisclosed injury or illness. I had no idea which way the NCAA would decide until the official word came minutes before Friday's game. We are fortunate to have Romeo and to have her for this season.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 11/15/16 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

After all, why should Romeo sit when the coach who hired her, er. recruited her, got fired?

I feel happy for Romeo that she got to play immediately. I feel angry for the other young women who've historically had to wait a year. The inconsistency grates.

I'm down for throwing out the transfer rule.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/15/16 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
ClayK wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I feel happy for Romeo that she got to play immediately. I feel angry for the other young women who've historically had to wait a year. The inconsistency grates.

I also don't like the inconsistency. I'd make it a flat, black and white, rule. You transfer, you sit a year. No exceptions.

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/15/16 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
ClayK wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I also don't like the inconsistency. I'd make it a flat, black and white, rule. You transfer, you sit a year. No exceptions.

Or how about, you transfer, you play right away.

PostPosted: 11/15/16 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
ClayK wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Or how about, you transfer, you play right away.

Yep, that would be ideal in an ideal world where coaches could be trusted and nobody cheated.

Let me know when those conditions exist here.

These transfer rules weren't handed down on stone tablets to Moses. They were adopted to address real life abuses, and human nature being what it is, with even more money at stake today, the abuses would be even worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: