RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brenda says graduation is a "great thing"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/26/16 2:19 pm    ::: Brenda says graduation is a "great thing" Reply Reply with quote

"I think everybody's fully aware that it's more wide open this year," Frese said. "There are no Breanna Stewarts on anyone's roster anymore."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bs-sp-terps-womens-media-day-1026-20161025-story.html

She's right about the big picture, but she better worry about winning her own conference first.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/26/16 4:18 pm    ::: Re: Brenda says graduation is a "great thing" Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
"I think everybody's fully aware that it's more wide open this year," Frese said. "There are no Breanna Stewarts on anyone's roster anymore."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bs-sp-terps-womens-media-day-1026-20161025-story.html

She's right about the big picture, but she better worry about winning her own conference first.

She's just saying what everyone else, including Geno, is saying. I seen nothing wrong with it. Elsewhere folks are saying, uh-oh, bulletin board material in Storrs. Whatevah. Jus' statin' the facts.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/26/16 4:56 pm    ::: Re: Brenda says graduation is a "great thing" Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

She's just saying what everyone else, including Geno, is saying. I seen nothing wrong with it. Elsewhere folks are saying, uh-oh, bulletin board material in Storrs. Whatevah. Jus' statin' the facts.

As I said, she's right about the big national picture.

But before Maryland shows it's the team that's going to fill the vacuum, it needs to worry first about winning it's own conference over OhSt.

Although if you look at the early returns in the poll about UConn's six big OOC games, it looks like some UConn fans didn't get the memo.

Jlcarter

PostPosted: 10/26/16 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Replacing a player like Stewart isn't easy.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/27/16 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I recall Pat Summitt saying, after losing by 20+ points to UConn in the 2002 semifinals, that she's considering going to the graduation of Sue Bird, Tamika Williams, Swin Cash and Asjha Jones and cheering.

Pat actually went into the UConn locker room after that game to personally congratulate the UConn players on such a great performance, comparing them to a Swiss watch.
SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/27/16 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I recall Pat Summitt saying, after losing by 20+ points to UConn in the 2002 semifinals, that she's considering going to the graduation of Sue Bird, Tamika Williams, Swin Cash and Asjha Jones and cheering.

Pat actually went into the UConn locker room after that game to personally congratulate the UConn players on such a great performance, comparing them to a Swiss watch.

Ticks me off in that book from the UConn side that the players were just like ooookay? And that nobody knew she was going in. Seemed disrespectful, I think it was in the book called The Same River Twice and it was written in the early 2000's. I still rolled my eyes by some of the tweets from UConn players..like you couldn't show respect then so why now?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/27/16 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Ticks me off in that book from the UConn side that the players were just like ooookay? And that nobody knew she was going in. Seemed disrespectful, I think it was in the book called The Same River Twice and it was written in the early 2000's. I still rolled my eyes by some of the tweets from UConn players..like you couldn't show respect then so why now?

Twitter didn't start until 2006. I don't believe they were that ahead of the curve.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/27/16 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Twitter didn't start until 2006. I don't believe they were that ahead of the curve.

I'm assuming (and may be wrong) SDHoops reference to tweets are regarding social media posts extolling Pat's accomplishments at the time of her death.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/27/16 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I'm assuming (and may be wrong) SDHoops reference to tweets are regarding social media posts extolling Pat's accomplishments at the time of her death.

Even MySpace wasn't founded until 2003.

If it was at the time, must have been old style "articles" and "interviews". Very Happy

SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/27/16 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yeah I meant after Pat passed. Just kinda irks me, but oh well it's all in the past.

If it was at the time, must have been old style "articles" and "interviews". Very Happy

SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/27/16 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yeah I meant after Pat passed. Just kinda irks me, but oh well it's all in the past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: