RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WBB Fantasy League 2016-2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/05/16 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ha. ha. not sure I'm THAT good! I thought there were two other choices you might make and this year there was no obvious #1 pick. But she's definitely one of the best.

So SLAman posted last on Oct 23 which makes me nervous that he didn't understand the draft would happen in the week before the season started. I was thinking that maybe we take turns drafting for him until he appears? Like I would do round 1 since I'm behind him, Matt could do round 2, Lynx could do round 3, Cardinal round 4 and we could figure it out after that but probably back to me in round 5, pure round 6, lynx round 7, and Card or Matt round 8. Then we could let him fill out his roster from there when he shows up. (leaving out tbinta because she has said she's already over drawn)

To start that, I think we should have at least three of us agree (four is better) that is a good way to proceed? That way he should have a decent base team to play with.

And perhaps give him another couple hours to appear, so say 7 Eastern I would post a choice for him.

You should post who you will pick for Slaman and then I can decide if this is a good idea or not Twisted Evil

Shades

PostPosted: 11/05/16 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll pick for SLAmmer. I'm betting his first pick would be similar to his avatar hero.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/05/16 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I'll pick for SLAmmer. I'm betting his first pick would be similar to his avatar hero.

If he doesn't show up tomorrow maybe we'll take you up on that. Around 7 Eastern if you're on at that time. I'm guessing the SLA is south LA, but just a guess and of course doesn't mean much in terms of who he would pick...especially in the first round.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/05/16 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ha. ha. not sure I'm THAT good! I thought there were two other choices you might make and this year there was no obvious #1 pick. But she's definitely one of the best.

So SLAman posted last on Oct 23 which makes me nervous that he didn't understand the draft would happen in the week before the season started. I was thinking that maybe we take turns drafting for him until he appears? Like I would do round 1 since I'm behind him, Matt could do round 2, Lynx could do round 3, Cardinal round 4 and we could figure it out after that but probably back to me in round 5, pure round 6, lynx round 7, and Card or Matt round 8. Then we could let him fill out his roster from there when he shows up. (leaving out tbinta because she has said she's already over drawn)

To start that, I think we should have at least three of us agree (four is better) that is a good way to proceed? That way he should have a decent base team to play with.

And perhaps give him another couple hours to appear, so say 7 Eastern I would post a choice for him.

You should post who you will pick for Slaman and then I can decide if this is a good idea or not Twisted Evil

I would pick as for a friend. You probably wouldn't approve. Wink

- Amanda Gorman
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/05/16 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Maybe you should post your pick, and I'll decide whether I'll rig your stats for the season or not. Twisted Evil

Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

Maybe you should post your pick, and I'll decide whether I'll rig your stats for the season or not. Twisted Evil

I'm down to 3 choices and I suspect someone(?) is not going to be happy. I do feel real bad about raiding y'alls teams but what else can you do when you lose 76% of your rebounding to graduation and transfer?

Was really just trying to get Myrtle to say who the next best player available was but she didn't take the bait Crying or Very sad

In all seriousness, I'm good either way re: slaman. I'm not sure what to make of a poster with no prior posts, but I doubt many trolls would go through the process of getting an account approved here, so hopefully he's serious and stops by some time today. I guess we should have mentioned about configuring your PMs for email notification earlier. I know that was helpful for me last year.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

I'm down to 3 choices and I suspect someone(?) is not going to be happy. I do feel real bad about raiding y'alls teams but what else can you do when you lose 76% of your rebounding to graduation and transfer?

Was really just trying to get Myrtle to say who the next best player available was but she didn't take the bait Crying or Very sad

In all seriousness, I'm good either way re: slaman. I'm not sure what to make of a poster with no prior posts, but I doubt many trolls would go through the process of getting an account approved here, so hopefully he's serious and stops by some time today. I guess we should have mentioned about configuring your PMs for email notification earlier. I know that was helpful for me last year.

I'm probably going to need to get out my fencing blades and murder somebody. I really need to come up with my contingencies, because I KNOW I'm not getting the player I want.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/06/16 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so..it looks like we may have to decide if we want to have someone draft, or at least start the draft, for our newbie...or just toss him if he doesn't show up by 7.

The problems as I see it is:
On the one hand, I hate to exclude him if he really wants to play and just didn't understand the need to show back up before Nov 11. Or worse if he read the initial thing I put up for 8 pm and he shows up at 8 and we have already drafted several rounds. I guess at that point we could have him draft as many in a row as needed to catch up but it would mean he wouldn't get any of the top players. (I know, I know, some of us would selfishly be happy for that!)

And on the other hand, if we draft for him (or say, have Shades draft for him) and he never shows up again, then we have to decide how to do a dispersal draft which is difficult to do so early in the season.

Thoughts?

My vote would be to put him on the clock at 7 and at 10 after we start without him. Then let him catch up when/if he appears. I don't know how else to make it fair.

- Amanda Gorman
Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 11/06/16 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We should wait, my post may have made him/her think the draft started on Sunday instead of Sat., sorry about that!

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a bit of a bind, to put it mildly. I am all for encouraging for new players to join; however, I do agree that a dispersal draft early in the season would be obnoxious. So, I'm hesitant to simply draft for SLAman if we don't know if he's going to show up. At this point, I think the best way forward is to see who shows up at 7 and move forward from there.

IF you are here, kindly please post so that we can acknowledge your presence and make plans moving forward. (This is where I wish we had a chatroom, or at least a feature that allows us to see "last online")

The question for me, really comes down to whether we want to draft an "expansion" team, and risk that team having to be dispersed, or whether we wish to simply move forward with the members of the league who are here.

One thought I did have was to move SLAman to the bottom of the draft order, to get the party started at 7, so that he could have a few extra minutes to get here on time. If he doesn't show up after 5-10 minutes on the clock, then I would vote to move forward with the members we have present.

tbinta

PostPosted: 11/06/16 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like my position...

just wait if doesnt show in hour or so skip him...

go with 6 or let him pick when shows up

PostPosted: 11/06/16 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

15 minutes! I have a list, but I'm not sure how my list is going to hold up OR how many people (*cough* myrtle *cough*) are going to kill my list.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, who is here? Who shall have their hearts betrayed by me?

tbinta

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm around...

Whats the time limit on picking...

there's never enuff prep for this type of fantasy sport...hardest I've ever encountered...and I've played just about everything

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here. Let me know if it's decided to skip slaman and I will post my pick.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we should wait 10 minutes then go forward. I don't want to wait too long because we really need to try to get as much done as possible tonight...there's only a few days left and it's always harder during the week to keep the ball rolling.

If he shows, let him catch up at that point. If not, he can create a team of FAs if he really wants to play. Every year, I always think I could create a competitive team from our leftovers. JMO

- Amanda Gorman
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tbinta wrote:
I'm around...

Whats the time limit on picking...

there's never enuff prep for this type of fantasy sport...hardest I've ever encountered...and I've played just about everything

I'd say that with the picks, please make them as timely as possible, please remember to refresh the page to check if you are up, and to remember that you may need to turn to the next page.

Typically, we do not have a limit, but we try to keep things moving, and if you have not made a pick in approx. 5 minutes, we will have to figure out how to move along from there.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't wait to come in last place Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I prefer to start at 7:15 if everybody is here.

Yes, as Card says, remember to look to see if it's gone to the next page. I've been stuck before wondering why nobody is answering only to find it's halfway down the next page. Embarassed

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 11/06/16 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, if there's a mod around tonight, could you disable the time between posts restriction, and make the pages longer here tonight? Whatever it takes to keep us moving.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far I see Lynx, Myrtle, Tbinta, Cardinal, and Matt.

I think we are waiting on Pureform and SLAman.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
So, Sunday at 8:00?

Pureform may not be here until 8, though.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Can't wait to come in last place Wink

Well, if someone has put a lid on Kelsey's bucket, I'd guess you'll enjoy that cellar.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point we have 5, and it seems as though we are going to have to wait until 8 for PureForm to show up, we may as well give SLAman that time too.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/06/16 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Start whenever Pure shows up...

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: