RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Will Megan Walker choose UConn, Texas or ND?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of her final three schools will Megan Walker choose?
Connecticut
50%
 50%  [ 22 ]
Notre Dame
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Texas
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 44

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/07/16 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
So Walker will be interviewed on ESPNU's signing day coverage on Thursday. At first I was wondering why she was committing on the day after the signing period begins if she already knows where she is going... but I guess this is why.

Awe damn its uconn. Motto big time media coverage plus espn equal$ UCONN. If only ND could win once ugh

PostPosted: 11/07/16 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
So Walker will be interviewed on ESPNU's signing day coverage on Thursday. At first I was wondering why she was committing on the day after the signing period begins if she already knows where she is going... but I guess this is why.

Awe damn its uconn. Motto big time media coverage plus espn equal$ UCONN. If only ND could win once ugh

Well Based on Geno's rant the other day http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=89664 one could think he was alluding to things like this and that maybe he isn't getting Walker? And ND has won once, many times over. All three of Walker's finalists have loaded rosters so even if they lose on her its not a big deal.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/09/16 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Well Based on Geno's rant the other day http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=89664 one could think he was alluding to things like this and that maybe he isn't getting Walker? And ND has won once, many times over. All three of Walker's finalists have loaded rosters so even if they lose on her its not a big deal.

My gut tells me she's going to Texas.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/10/16 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't get ESPNU, so perhaps someone will watch and tell us where Walker chooses.
lvf08

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's being streamed here:

https://www.facebook.com/804VarsityRTD/

lvf08

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She picked UConn

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she picked Texas or Notre Dame instead of UConn the reaction would be rich since she had this announcement, had some little music video type intro before picking, will be on ESPNU later. The threshold is gotta sign your LOI on the car like Stewart and if you do anything extra you aren't a UConn kid... until they commit to UConn then all is well Wink

Brinx

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't expect UCONN given that intro video.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...and the schools that do everything in their power that try to make UConn irrelevant in basketball cringe yet again. The Huskies aren't going anywhere. Just saying Wink

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
If she picked Texas or Notre Dame instead of UConn the reaction would be rich since she had this announcement, had some little music video type intro before picking, will be on ESPNU later. The threshold is gotta sign your LOI on the car like Stewart and if you do anything extra you aren't a UConn kid... until they commit to UConn then all is well Wink

Yeah, what was all the bullshit that Geno was supposedly criticizing the attention grabbers like Walker in his video comments?
And the thousand Boneyard posts about how she's not UConn material and they didn't want her.

What a bunch of windbags. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's a big recruiting win. Geno and UConn fans wanted her just as much as everyone else did. It's such a phony baloney fake "image".

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sweet.

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really
LOL not because she chose UCONN but because she didn't choose the school that you know who was desperate for. Actually those that were commenting had a right, all of these recruits are in for a rude awakening as they think their shit don't stink.

Btw Westbrook has moved ahead in rankings by ASGR and could be another but truth is there is not much difference in a lot of the players in these next few classes other than the hype, all are lacking in different areas.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Yeah, what was all the bullshit that Geno was supposedly criticizing the attention grabbers like Walker in his video comments?
And the thousand Boneyard posts about how she's not UConn material and they didn't want her.

It's a big recruiting win. Geno and UConn fans wanted her just as much as everyone else did. It's such a phony baloney fake "image".

You'll note the UConn people on here never got into that whole BS about the video and attention seeker stuff (at least not that i saw). The Boneyard is always a whole different kettle of fish; you always have to treat that with a grain of salt...or a whole shaker.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/10/16 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

You'll note the UConn people on here never got into that whole BS about the video and attention seeker stuff (at least not that i saw). The Boneyard is always a whole different kettle of fish; you always have to treat that with a grain of salt...or a whole shaker.

Mostly that's true. Not entirely.

Quite a contrast between the "she's not UConn material" bullshit and her comment that Geno recruited her hardest of anyone.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/10/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Westbrook's announcement is bizarre. It's not about her, it's about the guy who runs her gym, and her HS coach, and her AAU coaches, all of whom have been blathering on for 20 minutes and she hasn't had a chance to say a single word yet. I've never seen anything quite like this parade of adults at a signing event.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/10/16 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually Myrtle was the only one I saw on this board that suggested that Geno's "snowflake" comment was directed at Walker. It could just as easily been directed at Samuelson, who was the 9th and last player to enter the last game and played but 12 minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems it came down to Texas and UConn.

Quote:
It came down to UConn and Texas, and it seemed what intrigued her the most about Texas was how different it is from UConn.
At Texas, Walker had the potential to create her own legacy, yet there were too many unknowns, and sometimes the unknown can be terrifying, she said.

Quote:
Walker said she knew since she was a freshman she wanted to play for UConn, which has won 11 titles overall, so why make Auriemma wait so long?
“Everyone is going to have their opinion, but it was my decision at the end of the day, and I wanted to make sure that it was the right one," Walker said.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/high-school/basketball/girls/article_59da9bc9-2092-5099-86ba-079d15bed88b.html

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/10/16 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Westbrook is going to Tennessee.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/10/16 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Westbrook is going to Tennessee.

Holy shit

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/10/16 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Facebook REALLY doesn't want you to see anything on their pages unless you join, but I did manage to glimpse the video.

No comment on Walker's balloon theatrics? I liked it. Popping balloons was very physical and metaphorical and to the point. We need more DT and Charles Barkley types in FBB.
Phil

PostPosted: 11/10/16 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holly has a very good class.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/10/16 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Holly has a very good class.

Didn't she have a 1, 2 and 6 recruits on her team last year? How many teams she played last year could match that? Zero?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/10/16 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I called it

PostPosted: 11/10/16 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Motto big time media coverage plus espn equal$ UCONN.

If that is true then why isn't Wilson playing for Geno? That was the biggest ESPN hype ever.

Good guess though.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/11/16 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I wanted ND to have one of the "W's" but didn't get either. Oh well. At least we got some front court players this year. ND is still loaded at guard for a couple of years.

Congrats to the teams that got them.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 11/11/16 3:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I called it on both Walker and Westbrook to Uconn and Tennessee. Walker wants a chance at multiple national championships, and Westbrook wanted to play on a big stage while being a media darling. If Diamond does leave and Tennessee don't make it to the final four this year then I can see some of there fans calling Westbrook the second coming of Candace Parker. While the signing of Megatron should be exciting to Uconn fans, in recent memory other than the 2012 class normally when the huskies sign a class of 3 or more players there's multiple transfers. If I had to guess I think Coombs and Hunter won't last more then 2 season at Uconn. I think Walker will pass Lou as the go to player in there offense and Gordon will shine as a undersized stretch 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: