RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UNC extends Hatchell contract 2 yrs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 3:31 pm    ::: UNC extends Hatchell contract 2 yrs Reply Reply with quote

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article103475647.html

Hatchell, whose contract was set to expire in 2018, is receiving a two-year extension and will now be under contract through the 2019-20 season.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 3:57 pm    ::: Re: UNC extends Hatchell contract 2 yrs Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article103475647.html

Hatchell, whose contract was set to expire in 2018, is receiving a two-year extension and will now be under contract through the 2019-20 season.

I was assured she was being hung out to dry. How can this be?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/23/16 5:13 pm    ::: Re: UNC extends Hatchell contract 2 yrs Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I was assured she was being hung out to dry. How can this be?

She was (see Amended NOA).

But UNC simply does not care.

18 years of academic fraud, but apparently to benefit women's basketball (with all references to football and men's hoops conspicuously removed from the Amended NOA and blame shifted almost entirely and exclusively to women's basketball)...and they still renewed her.

She was hung out to dry.

And UNC simply does not care about academic integrity.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/23/16 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't followed this closely. Has anyone at UNC from any department -- athletic, academic or administrative -- taken swords for this disgrace?

I recall the talk around New York City in the late 1950's about how St. John's had created a major in basket weaving to sign Tony Jackson, who was an All-City superstar out of Thomas Jefferson H.S. But the scope of this UNC project dwarfs anything I've ever heard about. Maybe these things are much more endemic than publicly known.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 09/24/16 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing Hatchell got the extension because she is closing in on 1,000 career wins.

PostPosted: 09/25/16 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
I'm guessing Hatchell got the extension because she is closing in on 1,000 career wins.

Or does she know things best left in-house?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: