RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Megan Walker's official visits, documented

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/20/16 2:27 pm    ::: Megan Walker's official visits, documented Reply Reply with quote

The Richmond Times-Dispatch is apparently reporting on all of Megan Walker's official visits. Walker is the top-ranked player of 2017 in many services.

1. Visit to Texas on September 9:

Quote:
RTD: What is one thing Texas coach Karen Aston said that really stuck out to you during your visit?

MW: I'd have an opportunity there at Texas to do something that no other team has done by strengthening the program to win a national championship and leave my own legacy.

2. Visit to UConn on September 19:

Quote:
RTD: What do you like about Auriemma’s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

MW: Geno’s coaching style is to make players better. I always want to excel in my game. With his training, I feel I could learn and take my skills to the next level.

Walker will visit Notre Dame on September 24.

It's not clear to me whether she is taking only three of her five allowed official visits, or that she's only scheduled three of the five as of now.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/24/16 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/24/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/24/16 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who are the other girls in the following two pictures? Other recruits visiting UConn at the same time as Walker?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/24/16 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming you are talking about the ones who weren't coaches, they are the three verbals UConn already has in the 2017 class. In the tip picture: Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Lexi Gordon, and in the foreground, Mikayla Coombs. And of course Megan Walker. No idea who the photo bomber on the bike is.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/24/16 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
No idea who the photo bomber on the bike is.

She is easily the best part of that photo Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/25/16 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Lexi Gordon, and in the foreground, Mikayla Coombs.

Thanks.

Wow, I saw AEH play in person about 20 times in 7th-9th grades and barely recognize her. She's grown up. I've never seen the others.

All the 2017 recruits are guards except for Walker, who's an uncommitted small forward. Geno hasn't successfully recruited a center since Kiah Stokes in 2011 unless one counts the peripatetic Breanna Stewart in 2012. Still, a long time for long players at UConn. The world weeps.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/27/16 8:34 am    ::: Re: Megan Walker's official visits, documented Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Richmond Times-Dispatch is apparently reporting on all of Megan Walker's official visits. Walker is the top-ranked player of 2017 in many services.

Quote:
RTD: What is one thing Texas coach Karen Aston said that really stuck out to you during your visit?

MW: I'd have an opportunity there at Texas to do something that no other team has done by strengthening the program to win a national championship and leave my own legacy.

Quote:
RTD: What do you like about Auriemma�s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

MW: Geno�s coaching style is to make players better. I always want to excel in my game. With his training, I feel I could learn and take my skills to the next level.

It's not clear to me whether she is taking only three of her five allowed official visits, or that she's only scheduled three of the five as of now.

3. Visit to Notre Dame on September 24.

Quote:
RTD: What do you like about Muffet McGraw’s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

MW: Coach McGraw’s offense is geared more toward guards. They push the ball and run in transition, which is one of my strengths.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/28/16 7:54 am    ::: Re: Megan Walker's official visits, documented Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
RTD: What do you like about Auriemma�s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

MW: Geno�s coaching style is to make players better. I always want to excel in my game. With his training, I feel I could learn and take my skills to the next level.

3. Visit to Notre Dame on September 24.

Quote:
RTD: What do you like about Muffet McGraw’s coaching style, and how do you think that will benefit you as a player?

MW: Coach McGraw’s offense is geared more toward guards. They push the ball and run in transition, which is one of my strengths.

Muffett is a tiny little thing. I've seen her a lot on person, but that photo cracked me up of her. However, I'm not laughing too hard because Megan is in that pic with her future coaches. I think she's Notre Dame's next great player.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/28/16 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope you're right, Bart. I would love to see Walker at ND. Would love to see Westbrook as well, but maybe I'm getting greedy. ND would have to play a 4-guard lineup to get all those perimeter players court time, and I'm sure that Muffet is contemplating that.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 09/28/16 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar Diggins should get a big fat check everytime another top recruit signs with the Irish. I'm not sure there has been another program changer like her in the "modern era", especially when it comes to revitalizing a program and it's recruiting of the tip top talent, now year after year.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/28/16 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Skylar Diggins should get a big fat check everytime another top recruit signs with the Irish. I'm not sure there has been another program changer like her in the "modern era", especially when it comes to revitalizing a program and it's recruiting of the tip top talent, now year after year.

Not sure I could have said this better myself.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 09/28/16 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Who's the one on the right, wearing those flip-flops?

PostPosted: 09/29/16 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't that Karen Aston?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/29/16 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yup, it's Karen. Tina Thompson on the left.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/29/16 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megan Walker on 9/28:

"It's all coming to an end.. last home visit with UT😜🤘"

What's coming to "an end" -- the recruiting process or her decision? That distinction will color the interpretation of this tweet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: