RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Vermont Cancels trip to North Carolina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/24/16 8:59 pm    ::: Vermont Cancels trip to North Carolina Reply Reply with quote

Per Hoopfeed. www.hoopfeed.com/content/2016/08/24/vermont-womens-basketball-cancels-dec-28-north-carolina-road-game-due-to-discriminatory-hb2-law/

Quote:
Vermont cancelled its women’s basketball road game against North Carolina on Dec. 28 due to concern over the state’s HB2 law.

Interesting the impact this is having on the basketball scene. Albany Men's Basketball cancelled a trip to Duke earlier this year. [/quote]

ridor

PostPosted: 08/27/16 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it was very interesting that if Vermont came to UNC, UNC will pay them $17,500 for hotel & meals. I'm curious, if UNC come to UVM, does UVM pay them for hotel & meals?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/27/16 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
I thought it was very interesting that if Vermont came to UNC, UNC will pay them $17,500 for hotel & meals. I'm curious, if UNC come to UVM, does UVM pay them for hotel & meals?

I thought the 17,000 was supposed to be their portion of the gate receipts and the hotels and meals were paid for with additional funds. That's the primary reason that bigger teams usually play few away games OOC. If they want to pack their schedule with lots of patsies, they play them at home so they can have a larger venue with a bigger crowds (more $$). If they played away games at small schools, their would be little $$ and thus little incentive. The disparity is even greater in football, which is why you'll never see Bama play @ Northwestern St., but you'll see Northwestern St. play @ Bama.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: