RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kenny Kallina's Top 25.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/10/16 8:11 am    ::: Kenny Kallina's Top 25. Reply Reply with quote

https://kennykallina.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/kallinascouting-2early-ncaa-top-25/

He even provides a blurb for each team. Worth a read. I think he's reading the top of the ACC wrong, but that's just me!

Last edited by Fighting Artichoke on 08/11/16 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 08/10/16 9:23 am    ::: Re: Kenny Kalina's Top 25. Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
https://kennykallina.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/kallinascouting-2early-ncaa-top-25/

He even provides a blurb for each team. Worth a read. I think he's reading the top of the ACC wrong, but that's just me!

Notre Dame is waaaaay too low. I think they are the #1 team in the nation. They have the best PG, which goes a long way in determining who the top team is. They are good on defense and far better offensively than South Carolina. I also think UCONN is too high. There is a ton of young talent, but just too many questions marks. However, if Nurse plays all season like she did against Croatia at the Olympics, I don't know what could happen in Storrs. I'm actually excited about the season.

LitePal

PostPosted: 08/10/16 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Stanford?

Phil

PostPosted: 08/10/16 2:50 pm    ::: Re: Kenny Kalina's Top 25. Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:

However, if Nurse plays all season like she did against Croatia at the Olympics, I don't know what could happen in Storrs. I'm actually excited about the season.

I assume you mean Serbia.

linkster

PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He has 7 ACC teams in his top 25 and yet Syracuse isn't among them?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/10/16 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
He has 7 ACC teams in his top 25 and yet Syracuse isn't among them?

More absurd than Syracuse out is having Wake Forest in at 22.

And he has TCU and Northwestern ranked also.

I'm trying to figure out who his "most people" are who think Louisville is ahead of Notre Dame. Probably "most people" in North Central Kentucky, but beyond that I'm dubious.

I'm also not sure 21-12 qualifies Indiana as " one of the hottest programs in womens basketball".

I also enjoyed " No one had a better second half of the season last year than Louisville after brushing off some early injuries and youth the Cardinals rolled through ACC play.". Yeah, "rolled" except for their annual loss ( at home) to ACC season and tournament champion Notre Dame and ACC tourney loss to Cuse. Rolling Eyes

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 08/11/16 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kenny Kallina is drunk as usual. This is click bait from someone who knows zilch about the game.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/11/16 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! No South Dakota State? Returns five starters from a team that was a foul call away from the Sweet 16 and did this @ Stanford in the NCAA's! The women's basketball world seems to hush any mention of South Dakota...is it fear that they will be too successful? (Okay that was a little too much of a conspiracy theory, lol) What's most interesting is that the University of South Dakota is the two time defending regular season Summit League champ and was left out of the NCAA field. They ran the table and swept SDSU during the regular season but were upset in the conference tourney. USD then went on to win the WNIT. I wish that the Sioux Falls regional would have happened in 2017 rather than 2016, but oh well! Here's for the all the small schools Twisted Evil Cool

Howee

PostPosted: 08/11/16 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Never mind Missouri or Wake Forest being "a bit high" in this ranking, Duke @25 is a bit out of touch. Shocked

PostPosted: 08/18/16 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about some editing, Kenny? This reads like it was written from start to finish in the 10 minutes before it was due. Painful.

bacabuck

PostPosted: 08/24/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

" Ohio State Returning the best player in college basketball (men or women) in Kelsey Mitchell "

Boy, do I like that quote !

Maybe Kelsey will get some respect this year. I seem to remember reading somewhere, during her freshman season, that she is just a "chucker"............ and not really a point guard.

Well, whatever. She is the most exciting leader and player I have ever witnessed............I just hope to God she stays healthy for the rest of her phenomenal career.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/24/16 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is a chucker. I don't think her teammates thinks its exciting standing watching on the court Wink

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/24/16 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bacabuck wrote:
" Ohio State Returning the best player in college basketball (men or women) in Kelsey Mitchell "

Boy, do I like that quote !

Maybe Kelsey will get some respect this year. I seem to remember reading somewhere, during her freshman season, that she is just a "chucker"............ and not really a point guard.

Well, whatever. She is the most exciting leader and player I have ever witnessed............I just hope to God she stays healthy for the rest of her phenomenal career.

Yeah, you're probably gonna be reading that for as long as she plays at OSU, even if for no reason other than that people need something negative to say about her. She is tremendously exciting to watch in person, I agree.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/24/16 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She may be a chucker, but she had 114 assists last year, and that's almost twice as many as Diamond DeShields, and 29 more than Tiffany Mitchell, neither of whom are described as "chuckers."

Kelsey Mitchell is the next great player -- and I don't see another one of her caliber on the horizon at this point.

PostPosted: 08/24/16 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was one of the 10 best players in the country her freshman season. She's legit. Ohio State bought the best and the impact has been undeniable. Worth every penny if you want to raise the profile of your women's basketball program.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/24/16 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LegoMyEggo wrote:
She was one of the 10 best players in the country her freshman season. She's legit. Ohio State bought the best and the impact has been undeniable. Worth every penny if you want to raise the profile of your women's basketball program.

I find this complaint amusing considering the thread below about how half the SEC has evidently offered scholarships to three sisters, including a seventh grader, in order to try to sign Anastacia Hayes.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/24/16 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And you think that comparison is a complement Laughing

Sorry if we are going with one on one basketball then yeah, but I think we are talking about the 5 man game.

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 08/24/16 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
LegoMyEggo wrote:

I find this complaint amusing considering the thread below about how half the SEC has evidently offered scholarships to three sisters, including a seventh grader, in order to try to sign Anastacia Hayes.

Not a complaint. Reality. I don't know anything about SEC innuendo.

bacabuck

PostPosted: 08/24/16 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
LegoMyEggo wrote:

????? What new coach would not want to raise the profile of his team?

Howee

PostPosted: 08/24/16 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bacabuck wrote:

Healthy, YES!

Being a (newer) fan of the Big Ten, I also have found her exciting to watch, and yeah, people are going to call names. Did they call Banham a chucker? To me a "chucker" is someone with gaudy numbers BUT low fg%. I don't know those stats on either gal.

My big interest in Mitchell this season is to watch her defensive skill set. If that's on par with her offense, then she's probably a shoo-in for the #1 pick in '18.

PostPosted: 08/24/16 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
She is a chucker. I don't think her teammates thinks its exciting standing watching on the court Wink

She's not a chucker. She shot .452 last season, a higher percentage than Odyssey Sims, Jewell Loyd, and Skylar Diggins shot in their final college seasons, and none of them were ever considered chuckers (although at least two of them should have been). And she was just percentage points behind Rachel Banham, who got all the hype and averaged over three more shots per game but was never considered a chucker either.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/24/16 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Kaela Davis, the ultimate chucker. Just 37% shooting on 17.5 shots per game over two seasons.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/25/16 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And what's wrong with Ohio State buying the best team it can? Schools pay big money for elite coaches, they invest millions in facilities, hundreds of thousands in a sport like women's basketball, and so it makes sense that they want to maximize that investment.

Sure, they hired the dad as coach and gave the sister a scholarship -- but so what? What exactly is wrong with that?

PostPosted: 08/25/16 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

????? What new coach would not want to raise the profile of his team?[/quote] Coach is an easy answer. A university might be a bit different.

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 08/25/16 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
And what's wrong with Ohio State buying the best team it can? Schools pay big money for elite coaches, they invest millions in facilities, hundreds of thousands in a sport like women's basketball, and so it makes sense that they want to maximize that investment.

Sure, they hired the dad as coach and gave the sister a scholarship -- but so what? What exactly is wrong with that?

If you're asking me, I don't think I said anything is wrong with it. I'm aware what they did is legal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: