RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who starts for your team? Early pre-season guesses
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/03/16 6:31 pm    ::: Who starts for your team? Early pre-season guesses Reply Reply with quote

My Lady Vols just got hit with a double whammy.....the retirement from basketball of Andraya Carter, and the loss for this year of Te'a Cooper. This led me to start thinking about who Holly might start this season, or who I might start if I were Holly. So....here's my lineup card:

PG Jordan Reynolds
G Diamond DeShields
C Mercedes Russell
F Jaime Nared
F Shacquilla Nunn

First off the bench:
G: Alexa Middleton F:Kortney Dunbar

And since I'm also a JMU fan and get to see them a whole lot more, here's my card for the Dukes (we are sure gonna miss Jazmon and Ashley!):

PG Logan Reynolds
G Precious Hall]
C Kayla Cooper-Williams
F Amber Porter
F Da'Lishia Griffin

First off the bench:
G: Hailee Barron F: Tasia Butler

Let's see yours.

PostPosted: 08/03/16 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with your lineup for the Lady Vols. For my other team, the Ohio State Buckeyes, I think it will be:

PG: Kelsey Mitchell
SG: Asia Doss
SF: Shayla Cooper
PF: Stephanie Mavunga
C: Alexa Hart

First off the bench: F Tori McCoy, G Sierra Calhoun, G Linnae Harper (once she's eligible)

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/04/16 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
I agree with your lineup for the Lady Vols. For my other team, the Ohio State Buckeyes, I think it will be:

PG: Kelsey Mitchell
SG: Asia Doss
SF: Shayla Cooper
PF: Stephanie Mavunga
C: Alexa Hart

First off the bench: F Tori McCoy, G Sierra Calhoun, G Linnae Harper (once she's eligible)

I'm interested to see how McGuff plays this. They had a ton of success last year playing small with Cooper at the 4/5 in that they could just outrun everybody and feast with the dribble drive. Losing Alston and adding Mavunga are two steps in the wrong direction as far as small ball is concerned, though their overall talent level is probably the highest it's been since McGuff was hired. Depending on how he staggers his rotations, it's still a very enviable situation.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 08/04/16 4:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think Cooper will be coming off the bench, she's always been a spark.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/04/16 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Bruins, my guess:

G Jordin Canada
G Kennedy Burke
G Kari Korver
F Mo Billings
F Laj Drummer

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/04/16 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal

PG: Asha Thomas
Wings: Mikayla Cowling, Courtney Range, Penina Davidson
C: Kristen Anigwe

Off the bench: G frosh Mi'Cole Cayton, W Ma'ane Mosely, P frosh Celeste West

With the transfer of Gabby Green, there's really no depth at the point, which will be an issue, most likely.

And like so many teams, perimeter shooting will be an issue.

PostPosted: 08/04/16 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, does anyone know if OSU's non-conference schedule is out yet?

bucks4now

PostPosted: 08/04/16 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
By the way, does anyone know if OSU's non-conference schedule is out yet?

Yes

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/062316aab.html

dtrain34

PostPosted: 08/04/16 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Mexico State (lowly mid-major but two-time WAC champ Smile )

Aggies lost two senior starters and one senior bench player who started as a soph and junior.

PG -- Tonisha Childress (Boise xfer) JR
G - Moriah Mack (SR First Team All-WAC)
G -Gia Pack (FR Arizona Gatorade POY)
F - Tamera William (SR)
F - Brianna Freeman (SR 2014-15 WAC POY)

Colerr

PostPosted: 08/04/16 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers

G: KK Sanders
G: Tyler Scaife
G: Shrita Parker
F: Aliyah Jeune
C: Victoria Harris

Meesh98

PostPosted: 08/04/16 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina start on the season
Pg- Bianca Cuevas
Sg- Allisha Gray
Sf- Kaela Davis
Pf- A'ja Wilson
C- Alaina Coates

Mid season I expect Tyasha Harris to take Cuevas starting point guard position

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/04/16 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame

PG Lindsay Allen (SR)
SG Arike Ogunbowale (SO)
W Marina Mabrey (SO)
F Katherine Westbeld (JR)
C Brianna Turner (JR)

Other contributors include freshman Jackie Young and Erin Boley, redshirt freshman Ali Patberg, junior Mychal Johnson, and redshirt junior post Kristina Nelson. Notre Dame only has 11 players on the roster this season, due to the transfer of Taya Reimer.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/04/16 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanfort:
Sniezek
Roberson
Samuelson
McCall
K. Johnson

Bench: McPhee, K. Johnson, A. Smith, we can always hope one of the Frosh surprises us.

- Amanda Gorman
dinkytown

PostPosted: 08/04/16 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota

G Carlie Wagner
G Allina Starr
PG Gadiva Hubbard (frosh)
F Palma Kaposi
C Annalese Lamke (just because she did last year and went to the bench after a few minutes)

Wagner seems like the only lock. Joanna Hedstrom maybe in the starting line over Hungarian Kaposi or Starr. Kenisha Bell, transfer from Marquette, will start as PG when she is eligible 2nd semester. Bryanna Fernstrom, transfer from Iowa State will start instead of Lamke when eligible 2nd semester.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/04/16 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan State.

Brandais Agee and Tori Jankoska will anchor the backcourt and scoring. They tried Morgan Green at pg and may do so again but Tori Jankoska is more adept.

Jenna Allen will take the role of Jasmine Hines and Notre Dame transfer Reimer will comprise the front court.

I think a couple of frosh will figure prominently. Taryn McCutheon and Nia Hollie could figure into the lineup. N

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/04/16 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Notre Dame

PG Lindsay Allen (SR)
SG Arike Ogunbowale (SO)
W Marina Mabrey (SO)
F Katherine Westbeld (JR)
C Brianna Turner (JR)

Other contributors include freshman Jackie Young and Erin Boley, redshirt freshman Ali Patberg, junior Mychal Johnson, and redshirt junior post Kristina Nelson. Notre Dame only has 11 players on the roster this season, due to the transfer of Taya Reimer.

I expect this is right, although it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Young might win the starting job at the 2 or 3. McGraw isn't reluctant to give a starting job to a freshman if deserved, but if she doesn't start the season that way, she probably won't do it later in the season.

I'm still hopeful that Diamond Thompson will contribute this year.

Dennis1361

PostPosted: 08/04/16 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I might as well take a crack at it

STANFORD

PG SNezak
Off Guard Samuelson
SF A Smith
F Mc Phee

And while the PAC12 is much more competitive the titlee still runs through Stanford

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 08/04/16 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fun. That's a tough question for my Dawgs, though. When I look at the roster, I think we will have some size issues this upcoming season.

We return 3 starters and we can expect them to start again:

G Kelsey Plum
F Katie Collier
F Chantel Osahor

Ideally, the rest of the lineup would be:

G Natalie Romeo
G/F Heather Corral

Their experience would be invaluable, but Romeo's eligibility for this season--last I heard--was not decided, and Corral hasn't played in more than two years after multiple knee and shoulder surgeries. But Corral is pretty much the only player on the roster with any experience who can play small forward.

I don't think we start one of the freshman, at least not in the beginning. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ruiz's rehab (ACL tear in January) is going really well and say that this is our most likely starting lineup:

G Kelli Kingma
G Kelsey Plum
G Brianna Ruiz
F Katie Collier
F Chantel Osahor

Contributors off the bench will be anyone who is healthy, which will mostly be freshmen. Junior guard Mackenzie Wieburg, a former walk-on, will see minutes unless the freshmen prove to be more than ready. Our other 2 returnees--F Hannah Johnson and McDonald's All-American C Deja Strother--have been battling injuries, so we don't know what to expect from them. If they are healthy, or remotely healthy, they will contribute.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/05/16 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan State.

Brandais Agee and Tori Jankoska will anchor the backcourt and scoring. They tried Morgan Green at pg and may do so again but Tori Jankoska is more adept.

Jenna Allen will take the role of Jasmine Hines and Notre Dame transfer Reimer will comprise the front court.

I think a couple of frosh will figure prominently. Taryn McCutheon and Nia Hollie could figure into the lineup. N

Isn't Jankoska gone?

gopher5

PostPosted: 08/05/16 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Minnesota

G Carlie Wagner
G Allina Starr
F Palma Kaposi
C Annalese Lamke (just because she did last year and went to the bench after a few minutes)

Wagner seems like the only lock. Joanna Hedstrom maybe in the starting line over Hungarian Kaposi or Starr. Kenisha Bell, transfer from Marquette, will start as PG when she is eligible 2nd semester. Bryanna Fernstrom, transfer from Iowa State will start instead of Lamke when eligible 2nd semester.

Bell will be eligible at the start of the season. It is Fernstrom who will not be eligible until the second semester.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/05/16 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan State.

Isn't Jankoska gone?

She has only played 3 years, as she was HS class of 2013: http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/tori_jankoska_853893.html

So unless she quit the team (and Michigan State didn't bother to remove her from the 2016-17 roster yet), she has one more year left.

noleman

PostPosted: 08/05/16 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida State

PG: Leticia Romero
SG: Brittany Brown
W: Shakayla Thomas
PF: Ivey Slaughter
C: Kai James

Bench: Imani Wright (baylor transfer), Nicole Ekhomu, Maria Conde, Atyanna Gaulden, Jasmine Walker

Plenty of depth this season similar to the 14-15 team that went to the elite 8. I would not be surprised if Wright started over Thomas as Shakayla has had much success off the bench.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/05/16 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Minnesota

G Carlie Wagner
G Allina Starr
F Palma Kaposi

Edwards?

Is Hubbard a PG or SG?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/05/16 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan State.

Isn't Jankoska gone?

She has only played 3 years, as she was HS class of 2013: http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/tori_jankoska_853893.html

So unless she quit the team (and Michigan State didn't bother to remove her from the 2016-17 roster yet), she has one more year left.

My bad. I thought she was a senior last season.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/05/16 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:
Florida State

PG: Leticia Romero
SG: Brittany Brown
W: Shakayla Thomas
PF: Ivey Slaughter
C: Kai James

Bench: Imani Wright (baylor transfer), Nicole Ekhomu, Maria Conde, Atyanna Gaulden, Jasmine Walker

Plenty of depth this season similar to the 14-15 team that went to the elite 8. I would not be surprised if Wright started over Thomas as Shakayla has had much success off the bench.

I got to see her play a few times in Chicago-area showcases. Love her athleticism and dribble drive ability. I think she'll be good for you guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: