RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Charli Collier determined to do 'legendary' things . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/19/16 2:09 pm    ::: Charli Collier determined to do 'legendary' things . . . Reply Reply with quote

. . . in memory of her father.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/article/15572762/charli-collier-sets-sights-team-usa-dad-death

In the class of 2018 the 6-3 or 6-4 player is ranked #1 by HoopGurlz, #3 by Blue Star and #5 by Propects Nation.

This is a pretty good highlight video. It shows her with a turn around jumper, jump hook and drop step in the post plus range out to the arc on her jump shot. She also shows an occasional left hand.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cI-PhAsGmkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
SCGamecock

PostPosted: 05/19/16 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a full offer list for her?

I read somewhere that SC offered her. I'm sure Baylor has as well. Don't know about any others..

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/19/16 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCGamecock wrote:

I read somewhere that SC offered her. I'm sure Baylor has as well. Don't know about any others..

ESPNW only lists Texas as a school of interest. That may be old info.

July 2015 ESPNW article:

Quote:
Charli committed to Texas in October of her eighth-grade year but has since reopened her recruitment, to the delight of numerous coaches.

"After she committed, she started seeing other girls go on social media, picking schools," Ponda said. "She asked me: 'Mom, how do I know I don't like these other schools?'

"When she decommitted, Louisville came to her school (in March) to recruit her, and that made her day. That was the first school outside of Texas to recruit her."

Since then, Collier has made unofficial visits to numerous schools, including Tennessee -- she's a big Candace Parker fan -- Kansas and Kentucky.

Academically, Charli's favorite classes are math and science. She has an interest in becoming an air traffic controller or an engineer. Her mother is a geometry teacher at her school.

"The recruiting process for me is kind of crazy," Charli said. "I've been talking to a lot of coaches, including Connecticut and Notre Dame and all the schools that have been to the Final Four.

"I like all of them. I honestly don't know where I'm going to go because I'm so young."

Undated info that was obviously writtten sometime after the summer of 2015:

Quote:
I went on visits/camps to Louisville, Kansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Baylor and Texas A&M this past summer and I plan to go on more visits this year to other great schools, and explore my options.

When speculating on schools of interest, I usually give an advantage to schools that the recruit spent her own money to visit ("unofficial" visits), especially if they are far from her home.
SCGamecock

PostPosted: 05/20/16 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
SCGamecock wrote:

ESPNW only lists Texas as a school of interest. That may be old info.

July 2015 ESPNW article:

Quote:
Charli committed to Texas in October of her eighth-grade year but has since reopened her recruitment, to the delight of numerous coaches.

"After she committed, she started seeing other girls go on social media, picking schools," Ponda said. "She asked me: 'Mom, how do I know I don't like these other schools?'

"When she decommitted, Louisville came to her school (in March) to recruit her, and that made her day. That was the first school outside of Texas to recruit her."

Since then, Collier has made unofficial visits to numerous schools, including Tennessee -- she's a big Candace Parker fan -- Kansas and Kentucky.

Academically, Charli's favorite classes are math and science. She has an interest in becoming an air traffic controller or an engineer. Her mother is a geometry teacher at her school.

"The recruiting process for me is kind of crazy," Charli said. "I've been talking to a lot of coaches, including Connecticut and Notre Dame and all the schools that have been to the Final Four.

"I like all of them. I honestly don't know where I'm going to go because I'm so young."

Undated info that was obviously writtten sometime after the summer of 2015:

Quote:
I went on visits/camps to Louisville, Kansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Baylor and Texas A&M this past summer and I plan to go on more visits this year to other great schools, and explore my options.

When speculating on schools of interest, I usually give an advantage to schools that the recruit spent her own money to visit ("unofficial" visits), especially if they are far from her home.

Thanks for the reply!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/21/16 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could swear I saw an article on early recruitment earlier this week (I think on espnW), but now I can't find it. It was a pretty damning article, too. I don't think anything of the sort should be allowed. It's as damaging to the kids who are being recruited as it is to the ones who aren't. No recruiting should be allowed until after a kid's junior season in a sport, whatever it is, IMNSHO.

PostPosted: 05/21/16 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I could swear I saw an article on early recruitment earlier this week (I think on espnW), but now I can't find it. It was a pretty damning article, too. I don't think anything of the sort should be allowed. It's as damaging to the kids who are being recruited as it is to the ones who aren't. No recruiting should be allowed until after a kid's junior season in a sport, whatever it is, IMNSHO.

I didn't read the full article, but from the little that I read it sounds like it could be the article you are referencing.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/article/15509558/the-impact-early-recruiting-players-coaches

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/21/16 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be it. Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: