RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

See who applied for La Tech's women's basketball opening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/06/16 3:44 pm    ::: See who applied for La Tech's women's basketball opening Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2016/05/06/see-who-applied-techs-womens-basketball-opening/84022544/

Quote:
Stoehr was one of 43 applicants who submitted their names, resumes and/or cover letters last month to Tech officials during the search, according to records obtained by The News-Star as part of an open records request.

PostPosted: 05/06/16 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A generally undistinguished lot. I look for LA Tech to return to the basement of C-USA.

PostPosted: 05/06/16 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
A generally undistinguished lot. I look for LA Tech to return to the basement of C-USA.

No kidding. That was a pretty bad list overall.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/06/16 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is one thing for a head high school coach to apply for a mid-major college head coaching position. Sherri Coale did that (although she was 147-40 for her career with two state championships) I am sure many others did as well. But I am surprised to see so many assistant high school coaches on the list, along with a WNBA intern and somebody who only lists himself as an owner of some business.

Last edited by tfan on 05/07/16 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/06/16 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I daresay at least, what, 50% of the undistinguished could complete 2 years of coaching there without a major scandal though.

colt13

PostPosted: 05/07/16 8:19 am    ::: Re: See who applied for La Tech's women's basketball opening Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2016/05/06/see-who-applied-techs-womens-basketball-opening/84022544/

Quote:
Stoehr was one of 43 applicants who submitted their names, resumes and/or cover letters last month to Tech officials during the search, according to records obtained by The News-Star as part of an open records request.

Thanks for the post, this was interesting to see who would apply for a mid-major job like this.

Also surprised they didn't hire Bria. I overlook her sometimes, but she's had 6 20 win seasons in a row.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 05/28/16 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I daresay at least, what, 50% of the undistinguished could complete 2 years of coaching there without a major scandal though.

Their options may dictate their ability to do that.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/29/16 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taj!

She's still at it trying to move up.

I figure she's gotta wanna try for the Stars head coaching job.
Would Vickie Johnson have the advantage over her?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/29/16 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

farris and taj make sense...when you freedom of info act a list of everyone who kicked a resume to the ADs desk there are bound to be a few jokers in the deck so some of the more extreme examples (the boys HS assistants, the business owner etc) likely were just spitting in the ocean...I've done it for jobs before...reach for the stars worst they can say is no.

that said when your third best option IMHO (under the person they hired and Wright) is TREE...yikes...not a great pool to swim in. I have taj fourth but not by much just a wee bit more experience.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: