RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Any word on VANDY???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basketballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/06/16 2:10 pm    ::: Any word on VANDY??? Reply Reply with quote

It seems things have been awfully quiet in regard to their coaching search. Has anyone heard anything?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/06/16 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was all that way up here at JMU. Of course hews we ended up with our AD being promoted, which was cause for simultaneous cheers and sighs of relief. Vandy probably won't have that option. They need serious help.

PostPosted: 05/07/16 8:29 am    ::: Re: Any word on VANDY??? Reply Reply with quote

basketballjunkie wrote:
It seems things have been awfully quiet in regard to their coaching search. Has anyone heard anything?

Not much. The first list is the candidates the paper is suggesting, the second are the members of the search committee.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/04/27/vanderbilt-womens-coach-options--state-ties/83599122/

http://columbiadailyherald.com/sports/college/columbia-native-search-committee-vandy-s-women-s-coach

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/07/16 10:03 am    ::: Re: Any word on VANDY??? Reply Reply with quote

colt13 wrote:
basketballjunkie wrote:

Not much. The first list is the candidates the paper is suggesting, the second are the members of the search committee.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/04/27/vanderbilt-womens-coach-options--state-ties/83599122/

http://columbiadailyherald.com/sports/college/columbia-native-search-committee-vandy-s-women-s-coach

Harper and McCray-Penson would both be extremely unpopular choices with UT fans, for obvious reasons, and possibly with Vandy fans also. I doubt Foster would return; he seems content in his lower-pressure position at Chatty, but you never know. Fargas would not be a popular choice, looking at the mess at LSU. The rest are a mixed bag and I don't know WHAT the writer was thinking, because they seem neither appropriate nor likely. The only Vandy grad listed is Peck, and I doubt she wants to return to coaching. Why no other Vandy alumni?

Picking from this crowd I would guess McCray-Penson, but I hate the choice personally. It would be good for her, though. However, I suspect it will be someone else. I could be wrong and probably am.

PostPosted: 05/07/16 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per their board, some of the Vandy fans have been agitating for Courtney Banghart. She's got experience recruiting academically-qualified players nationally and I think her collegiate coaching credentials are as good or better than anyone on that list. And she wouldn't bring the animosity and baggage any former SEC player/coaches would bring.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/07/16 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Per their board, some of the Vandy fans have been agitating for Courtney Banghart. She's got experience recruiting academically-qualified players nationally and I think her collegiate coaching credentials are as good or better than anyone on that list. And she wouldn't bring the animosity and baggage any former SEC player/coaches would bring.

I think it would take a lot to pry Banghart away from Princeton. It's not just about the salary. Vandy might be one of the few places able to do it, but I'd put more money on Stanford post-Vanderveer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: