RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/23/16 2:32 pm    ::: NCAA records Reply Reply with quote

I was bored today so I started looking around the NCAA website for records. I want to know how many individual records Breanna Stewart is in the top 5 of in NCAA play. Anyway, I know records are made to be broken, but there is a record, that IMO, will never be broken, nor will any woman ever come close to is Courtney Paris' double-double records. She had 128 double-doubles and 112 straight. That is insane to me. I know it's been discussed countless times, but wow!

linkster

PostPosted: 04/23/16 2:54 pm    ::: Re: NCAA records Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I was bored today so I started looking around the NCAA website for records. I want to know how many individual records Breanna Stewart is in the top 5 of in NCAA play. Anyway, I know records are made to be broken, but there is a record, that IMO, will never be broken, nor will any woman ever come close to is Courtney Paris' double-double records. She had 128 double-doubles and 112 straight. That is insane to me. I know it's been discussed countless times, but wow!

It certainly is an impressive record. And in many instances maintaining it became more important than the game itself. Some posts have been made that UConn should have sat their players more in blowouts. Well, I can remember many games in Paris' career when she was still in a blowout with a minute left in order to maintain her streak. I also saw a game this year when Stewart was within couple of blocks of a triple double with 8 minutes left and was taken out. The only 2 cases of UConn being concerned with individual players were the Sales FT and the Pulido shot a couple of weeks ago. And both of those were heavily commented on while I never remember anyone criticizing Coale for leaving Paris in till the end of blowouts. But then Sherri is a lot prettier than Geno.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/24/16 10:38 am    ::: Re: NCAA records Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:

It certainly is an impressive record. And in many instances maintaining it became more important than the game itself. Some posts have been made that UConn should have sat their players more in blowouts. Well, I can remember many games in Paris' career when she was still in a blowout with a minute left in order to maintain her streak. I also saw a game this year when Stewart was within couple of blocks of a triple double with 8 minutes left and was taken out. The only 2 cases of UConn being concerned with individual players were the Sales FT and the Pulido shot a couple of weeks ago. And both of those were heavily commented on while I never remember anyone criticizing Coale for leaving Paris in till the end of blowouts. But then Sherri is a lot prettier than Geno.

You're selling Geno short- he was quite dashing back in the day, if the pictures are to be believed. Wink

I seem to remember that a big part of Paris's double-double streak was... generosity... on the part of official scorers. Her career totals are pretty phenomenal, but I take the streak with a grain or five of salt.

(I do love the NCAA record book, though. It feels like seeing old friends again, and at the same time codifies that yes, you have seen greatness. I'm looking forward to next year's edition.)

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/24/16 12:53 pm    ::: Re: NCAA records Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:

You're selling Geno short- he was quite dashing back in the day, if the pictures are to be believed. Wink

I seem to remember that a big part of Paris's double-double streak was... generosity... on the part of official scorers. Her career totals are pretty phenomenal, but I take the streak with a grain or five of salt.

(I do love the NCAA record book, though. It feels like seeing old friends again, and at the same time codifies that yes, you have seen greatness. I'm looking forward to next year's edition.)

Agree with you there, Queenie....and Geno is not that bad-looking now to us older ladies (ahem!) either. He's maintained his figure pretty well. A little too Type A for me though Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: