RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/06/16 8:53 pm    ::: Re: Kennedy Leonard from Colorado Reply Reply with quote

Kookiebean wrote:
Kennedy Leonard from Colorado listed on another site, any truth to it?

http://www.nextsportsphenom.com/NCAA-Transfers

According to her twitter account, she was apparently a Buff as recently as June 1st, as her teammate (Lauren Huggins) was washing her clothes and referred to her as "my PG".

GEF34

PostPosted: 06/07/16 5:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 9h9 hours ago
HC Karen Astin University of Texas gets top 10 Jatarie White 6-4 post transfer from South Carolina. Played HS Providence Day NC.

I'm interested in seeing how she does at Texas, I think working with Tina Thompson could be a big positive for her. She showed some flashes while at South Carolina, but was always behind players, hopefully this will give her an opportunity to come into her own.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/07/16 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas also got a commitment from Chastity Patterson, the top rated PG in the class of 2017 and the highest rated 2017 player on most lists to have committed anywhere so far.

Astin has demonstrated she can certainly recruit. I think she has yet to show she can coach 'em.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/08/16 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have been watching the NCAA Women's Softball World Series and looked at some rosters,and it appears that in softball there is no requirement to sit out a year??? For example, Kelsey Stevens played at Stanford in 2013 and for Oklahoma in 2014. Kaylee Carlson played at North Carolina in 2015 and for Auburn in 2016.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 06/08/16 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I have been watching the NCAA Women's Softball World Series and looked at some rosters,and it appears that in softball there is no requirement to sit out a year??? For example, Kelsey Stevens played at Stanford in 2013 and for Oklahoma in 2014. Kaylee Carlson played at North Carolina in 2015 and for Auburn in 2016.

That's correct . No NCAA one-year sit out rule for softball (or volleyball either) . The SEC has a one year sit out rule for transfers within the conference .

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/08/16 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

I believe some non-revenue sports allow a one-time free transfer pass.

Durantula

PostPosted: 06/08/16 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Virginia Tech adds a transfer in Michelle Berry from Cal State Fullerton. Quite productive as a freshman, albeit on a bad team.

GEF34

PostPosted: 06/09/16 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

All sports other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division I have a one year exception rule. There are other things that need to be met like be in good academic standing, and the school gives you a release, but it's not uncommon and happens in many sports every year. And this is only for a first time transfer, it doesn't apply if they then want to transfer to another school.

More information can be found at the link below on page 21.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/TGONLINE2014.pdf

tfan

PostPosted: 06/09/16 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:

All sports other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division I have a one year exception rule.

I looked in that file for "one year exception rule" or "exception rule" and didn't find it. Could you please define "one year exception rule"?

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 06/09/16 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

All sports other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division I have a one year exception rule.

I looked in that file for "one year exception rule" or "exception rule" and didn't find it. Could you please define "one year exception rule"?

Saw this on page 21 :

Exceptions for Divisions I and II if you are in a four-year school
If this is your first transfer
If you have never transferred before from a four-year school, you might be able to use the one-time transfer exception to play
right away at a Division I or II school.
To use this exception, you must:
1. Be playing a sport other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division
I. Note: In football you may be eligible to use this exception if:
a. You transfer from a Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) school to a Football Championship Subdivision
(formerly Division I-AA) school and have at least two seasons of competition remaining; or
b. You transfer from a Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) school that offers athletics scholarships to a
Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) that does not offer athletics scholarships.
Important Note: If you do not qualify for this exception due to any of the conditions in Subsection 1 above, you may
be able to use the exception if you were not recruited by your first four-year school AND have never received an athletics
scholarship.
2. Be in good academic standing and making progress toward your degree;
3. Have been considered academically eligible if you had stayed in your first school; and
4. Have a written release agreement from your first school saying that it does not object to your receiving an exception to
the transfer residence requirement. If the release is denied, you may be entitled to a hearing conducted by an institutional
entity or committee outside of the athletics department (e.g., the office of student affairs; office of the dean of students; or
a committee composed of the faculty athletics representative, student-athletes and nonathletics faculty/staff members).
Further, in Division I, if your request for a written release is not provided within seven business days of the previous institution
receiving the request, the release shall be granted by default and the previous institution shall provide a written release to
you.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/10/16 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

" ‏@Raoul_000
WBB: Mi'Cole Cayton, 5-9 G, St. Marys HS (Stockton, CA), commits to Cal, joining Jaelyn Brown and Celeste West in Cals 2016 class."

Clay, what's the take on this player?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/10/16 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andraya Carter may be finished at Tennessee because of her knee injury.

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/womens-basketball/andraya-carters-playing-future-with-lady-vols-in-doubt-because-of-knee-pain-34b3dfc9-e766-64de-e053--382246591.html

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 06/10/16 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Andraya Carter may be finished at Tennessee because of her knee injury.

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/vols/womens-basketball/andraya-carters-playing-future-with-lady-vols-in-doubt-because-of-knee-pain-34b3dfc9-e766-64de-e053--382246591.html

That would stink for her and for the fortunes of the team next year.
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/11/16 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
" ‏@Raoul_000
WBB: Mi'Cole Cayton, 5-9 G, St. Marys HS (Stockton, CA), commits to Cal, joining Jaelyn Brown and Celeste West in Cals 2016 class."

Clay, what's the take on this player?

Cayton had originally committed to Nebraska, but when Yori was fired, she opted out.

Cayton is a two guard, in my view, who can shoot threes OK. She'll be a solid Pac-12 guard by her junior or senior year, but she's going to be thrown into the fire this year at Cal because of their backcourt issues.

My guess would be she'll struggle with the adjustment but will be OK overall. Not a difference-maker at this point ...

PostPosted: 06/19/16 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. Bonaventure's Miranda Drummond to Syracuse

PostPosted: 06/19/16 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

University of the Pacific has cut ties with player Ariana Vaughn after she was arrested in a home invasion robbery this past week.

PostPosted: 06/20/16 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At long last, Sabrina Ionescu has picked Oregon.

Good pickup for Nike. . .errrrr.....the Ducks.

Guess all the rumors about deals and combinations and Washington landing the equivalent of a girls Fab Five were just run of the mill internet nonsense.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/20/16 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If i posted this, or someone else did, I forgot. Kelly Loftus, Hofstra's leading scorer a year ago, has transferred to ODU to be nearer home. She's from Alexandria, VA. She'll be eligible for the 2017-18 season with one year of eligibility left.

PostPosted: 06/20/16 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal's Gabby Green selects Loyola Marymount University.

taropatch

PostPosted: 06/21/16 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Megan Huff of Hawaii to transfer to destination-unknown. The Big West 6th Player of the Year, two years in a row, the 6-2 sophomore center was to be the centerpiece of next year's squad. Originally recruited to play for the volleyball program, she left the volleyball team to concentrate on basketball. She was the only Wahine player to bring her "A" game in the NCAA round one loss to UCLA.

Destination: Utah
Best wishes for Megan!

PrideFan

PostPosted: 06/21/16 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
If i posted this, or someone else did, I forgot. Kelly Loftus, Hofstra's leading scorer a year ago, has transferred to ODU to be nearer home. She's from Alexandria, VA. She'll be eligible for the 2017-18 season with one year of eligibility left.

I'm glad she landed somewhere, but based on the players HU has for next year, it doesn't look like we'll be missing her. Overall good player, but she can be a very streaky shooter. Plus, something happened that essentially put her in the doghouse for the entire post-season, not sure what but most likely something behavioral. She came back from injury for the CAA tournament, and played a few minutes in that game, and then sat out in street clothes for the first round WNIT game against Harvard. She played starter minutes the next 3 games (Villanova, UVA, and FGCU), but came off the bench in all of those games.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 06/21/16 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has there been any announced transfers from Boston College?
blaase22

PostPosted: 06/21/16 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:

How does LMU get this high ranked recruit?? Shocked

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 06/21/16 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Likely that there are other issues that surround her departure from Cal.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/21/16 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I believe she had family who went there. And it may also be a case of not wanting to deal with the pressure, like Sydney Moss, who seems quite happy at St. Thomas More.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: