RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durantula

PostPosted: 04/14/16 5:56 pm    ::: 2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates Reply Reply with quote

Albany:
Imani Tate - Leg injury; out for indisclosed period of time (12/5/16)

Appalachian State:
Kaila Craven - Leg injury; out for 2016-2017 season

Arkansas:
Tatiyana Smith - Quit basketball for undisclosed medical reason
Jordan Danberry - Transferring
Briunna Freeman - Transferring

Butler:
Brittany Ward - Transferring to Dayton

Colgate:
Ariel Etheridge - Transferring

DePaul:
Mart’e Grays - Torn Achilles; out for the 2016-2017 season.

Duke:
Emily Schubert - Torn ACL; will redshirt the 2016-2017 season.
Haley Gorecki - Hip injury; out until around December when conf play begins

Florida:
Simone Westbrook - Torn ACL; out indefinitely
Eleanna Christinaki - Left the team

Florida State:
Jasmine Walker - Transferring

Furman:
De'Asia Brown - Transferring

Iowa:
Tania Davis - Knee injury; out for the season (2/8/17)

Iowa State:
Aliyah Konate - May redshirt due to back injury

James Madison:
Kayla-Cooper Williams - Torn ACL; will redshirt 2016-2017 season. Was the 2015-2016 CAA Rookie of the Year. 7 PPG, 11 RPG
Da'Lishia Griffin - Left the team

Kansas State:
Lanie Page - Lower body injury; out until at least the start of the season (10/4/16)
Anna Hammaker - Injured knee; will redshirt the 2016-2017 season.

Kent State:
Tyra James - Injured knee; out for 2016-2017 season.

Louisiana State:
Faustine Aifuwa - Injured knee; out for 2016-2017 season.

Louisville:
Arica Carter - Unspecified injury; out for the 2016-2017 season.

Marist:
Allie Clement - Leg injury; out for 2016-2017 season. Preseason MAAC 3rd Team

Maryland:
Aja Ellison - Knee injury; will redshirt the 2016-2017 season.
Kiara Leslie - Ankle injury; will redshirt the 2016-2017 season.

Memphis:
Ashia Jones - Unspecified injury; out for the 2016-2017 season. Nation's #4 leading scorer in 2014-2015.
Alyssa Dean - Unspecified injury; out for 2016-2017 season.

Michigan:
Boogie Brozoski - Transferring

Michigan State:
Morgan Green - Dismissed from team; started 17 games last year.

Missouri:
Jordan Frericks - Torn ACL; will redshirt the 2016-2017season. 2nd leading scorer (12 PPG) and leading rebounder (7.7 RPG) for Missouri in 2015-2016 season.
Bri Porter - Torn ACL; potentially career ending injury.

Montana:
Kayleigh Valley - Torn ACL; out for the season. Leading scorer for Montana in 2015-2016.
Alycia Sims - Torn ACL; out for the season.
Mekayla Isaak - Broken hand; out 4-6 weeks (11/30/16)

Nebraska:
Rachel Blackburn - Torn ACL; out for 2016-2017 season.

North Carolina State:
Amber Richardson - Transferring to Alabama

Ohio State:
Theresa Ekhelar - Transferring to West Virginia

Oregon:
Jayde Woods - Transferring
Megan Trinder - Knee injury; out for 2016-2017 season (1/12/17)

Oklahoma State:
Jaden Hobbs - Unspecified injury; out for 2016-2017 season.

Purdue:
Bree Horrocks - Knee injury; out for 2016-2017 season.
Tiara Murphy - Knee injury; out for unspecified amount of time (12/5/16)

Rutgers:
Tyler Scaife - Redshirting 2016-2017 season for unspecified reasons.
Ashli Jeune - Out for the 2016-2017 season.

San Diego:
Maya Hood - Torn ACL; out for the season. USD's leading scorer and rebounder.

South Carolina:
India Farmer - Left the team

South Dakota State:
Macy Miller - Leg injury. Out for the season; will redshirt the 2016-2017 season.

South Florida:
Laura Ferreira - plantar fasciitis; could possibly redshirt this season
Enna Pehadzic - Torn ACL; out for 2016-2017 season.

Southern California:
Jordan Adams - Torn ACL; out for 2016-2017 season.

St. John's:
Tiana England - Torn ACL; out for the season.

Tennessee:
Cheridene Green - Torn ACL; will redshirt the 2016-2017 season.
T'ea Cooper - Knee injury; out for 2016-2017 season[/b]

Texas Tech:
Japreece Dean - Transferring. 12.5 PPG, 3.3 APG in 2015-2016 season.

Virginia:
Debra Ferguson - Transferring to James Madison University

West Virginia:
Nia Staples - Torn ACL; out for season
Aisha Edwards - Torn ACL; out for season
Krstaline McCune - Torn ACL; out for season

Wichita State:
Jaleesa Chapel - Knee injury; out for the season
Jyar Francis - Transferring

Wisconsin:
Avyanna Young - Suspended indefinately (12/9/16)

Youngstown State:
Kelsea Newman - Torn ACL; out for the season
Nikki Arbanas - Torn ACL; out for the season

Last edited by Durantula on 02/11/17 10:20 am; edited 96 times in total
dinkytown

PostPosted: 04/14/16 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Josie Buckingham transferring from Minnesota has announced her new school is Loyola Marymount.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/15/16 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the great list ...

I don't think we've heard the last of top players transferring.

PostPosted: 04/15/16 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristen Gaffney is leaving Vanderbilt. It has been rumored that she's going to East Carolina, but I couldn't find a source verifying it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/15/16 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore G Sydney Brackemyre is leaving Louisville. She's been dealing with knee injuries much of her career which has impacted her ability to play. She's from Wilmington, OH. Maybe a school nearer home?

PostPosted: 04/15/16 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ooooh, Potvin left Pitt? That is a huge loss. She was also starting at the end of the year.

So are they building around Wise next year?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm trying to find confirmation that Whitney Jennings left Iowa for Butler of for NAIA Nebraska Wesleyan. Both have been a rumored destination.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know how much backing there is to it, but I thought I saw that Chatrice White was leaving Illinois.

(now with spelling variations)
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Don't know how much backing there is to it, but I thought I saw that Chatrice White was leaving Illinois.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-illinois-womens-basketball-chatrice-white-20160415-story.html

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I think she'd be way better off somewhere else, and I've said that before. Illinois is going to be a losing proposition for several years yet.

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some team is going to get a heck of a player.

I wonder if the investigations at Illinois will make the NCAA waive the redshirt year for her.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/16 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Foss wrote:
Queenie wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-illinois-womens-basketball-chatrice-white-20160415-story.html

She's from Nebby, but I'm sure transferring within the BIG would have her losing a year of eligibility along with having to sit next season out.

Maybe Creighton? Brooke Kissinger transferred their last week after leaving the Illini.

gopher5

PostPosted: 04/15/16 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Joe Foss wrote:
Queenie wrote:

She's from Nebby, but I'm sure transferring within the BIG would have her losing a year of eligibility along with having to sit next season out.

Maybe Creighton? Brooke Kissinger transferred their last week after leaving the Illini.

I am not sure if it is still in play, but there was a rule that transfers within the B1G did not keep their scholarships. I know that was the case when April Calhoun left Iowa for MN.

noleman

PostPosted: 04/15/16 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like she may be headed to the ACC.

Quote:
She absolutely loves the school, loves the fans, loves her teammates just loves everything about it. The one missing element was postseason play. That was the holdup.

Quote:
The ones that are on her list that shes going to visit or has visited or will be visiting here in the next couple days, its probably going to be ACC, said Bob White, who didnt reveal the list but did say his daughter was on a visit Friday. Shes going to try and make a decision here in the next three or four weeks so she can get enrolled in the summer school, learn the new system and prepare to sit out for a year.

snzuluz

PostPosted: 04/15/16 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... im-beckman

http://www.dailyillini.com/article/2016 ... rs-beckman

websites with the article that two more U of Illinois players are transferring and yes their big center is one of them...U of I also just paid the 7 players $375,000 for their lawsuit...not sure how MB is keeping his job!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/15/16 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:

Quote:
She absolutely loves the school, loves the fans, loves her teammates just loves everything about it. The one missing element was postseason play. That was the holdup.

Quote:
The ones that are on her list that shes going to visit or has visited or will be visiting here in the next couple days, its probably going to be ACC, said Bob White, who didnt reveal the list but did say his daughter was on a visit Friday. Shes going to try and make a decision here in the next three or four weeks so she can get enrolled in the summer school, learn the new system and prepare to sit out for a year.

OK, my money is on Louisville, Pitt, or Syracuse. But maybe, with the new coach, VA Tech? Anyone?

PostPosted: 04/15/16 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, my money is on Louisville, Pitt, or Syracuse. But maybe, with the new coach, VA Tech? Anyone?

Based on wanting post season play, i would rule out VT and Pitt. I like Cuse and Louisville. Notre Dame?? If she goes to the PAC, I like Oregon State or Washington.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/15/16 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Based on wanting post season play, i would rule out VT and Pitt. I like Cuse and Louisville. Notre Dame?? If she goes to the PAC, I like Oregon State or Washington.

Louisville has a full roster and loads of height already, so it would be a curious destination. But it certainly meets the winning program criterion. Duke needs bodies, but why would someone go there now? Same for UNC. Syracuse could use height, as could Notre Dame. Could it be the Irish?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/15/16 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Louisville has a full roster and loads of height already, so it would be a curious destination. But it certainly meets the winning program criterion. Duke needs bodies, but why would someone go there now? Same for UNC. Syracuse could use height, as could Notre Dame. Could it be the Irish?

I wouldn't rule out UNC or NCSt or FSU.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/15/16 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't rule out UNC or NCSt or FSU.

If she wants to guarantee the postseason, UNC might be a poor choice as they may face sanctions. NC St is looking up, and FSU is a good choice.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/15/16 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Louisville had a transfer out as of today, so they should have a spot. Syracuse does need the height, certainly, and she'd be a great catch for Coach Q...and being from NE, the winters there wouldn't even be a problem for her. NC State would certainly be a fine fit, and Wes Moore is a good coach. But I would not be so quick to dismiss VT now....I know Kenny Brooks and you don't. He's extremely good at developing players AND teams, and to have a player like her land in his lap would be manna from heaven.

PostPosted: 04/15/16 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Rumored to be among the schools on the visit list for Chatrice White as a possible transfer destination are Louisville and Notre Dame."

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/721080221567467520

So I guess it has advanced to rumor status.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/15/16 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This link is interesting: http://www.omaha.com/sports/nebraska-native-chatrice-white-to-transfer-from-illinois-acc-big/article_4d0e2954-031e-11e6-96a1-93adb6f26278.html

In it, her Dad states: Shes looking at schools who made the Sweet 16 or better the last two years, Bob White said. Shed like to play on the big stage, and as parents wed like to see her play on the big stage.

I'll save you the work. The only ACC teams that made at least the Sweet 16 the past two years are Notre Dame and Fla St. But this article also suggests that some PAC12 and B12 teams may be in play.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/15/16 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be a huge get for OrSU.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/16 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This link is interesting: http://www.omaha.com/sports/nebraska-native-chatrice-white-to-transfer-from-illinois-acc-big/article_4d0e2954-031e-11e6-96a1-93adb6f26278.html

In it, her Dad states: Shes looking at schools who made the Sweet 16 or better the last two years, Bob White said. Shed like to play on the big stage, and as parents wed like to see her play on the big stage.

I'll save you the work. The only ACC teams that made at least the Sweet 16 the past two years are Notre Dame and Fla St. But this article also suggests that some PAC12 and B12 teams may be in play.

This man releases more social commentary on behalf of his daughter. DANGER DANGER DANGER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: