RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/15/16 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
This link is interesting: http://www.omaha.com/sports/nebraska-native-chatrice-white-to-transfer-from-illinois-acc-big/article_4d0e2954-031e-11e6-96a1-93adb6f26278.html

In it, her Dad states: “She’s looking at schools who made the Sweet 16 or better the last two years,” Bob White said. “She’d like to play on the big stage, and as parents we’d like to see her play on the big stage.”

I'll save you the work. The only ACC teams that made at least the Sweet 16 the past two years are Notre Dame and Fla St. But this article also suggests that some PAC12 and B12 teams may be in play.

This man releases more social commentary on behalf of his daughter. DANGER DANGER DANGER

Stage parents. ~smdh~

PostPosted: 04/16/16 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another source has confirmed that Louisville is on the list of visits for Chatrice White (https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/721345798282326016). Apparently her Dad didn't notice that Louisville did not make the Sweet 16 this season!

Howee

PostPosted: 04/16/16 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another source has confirmed that Louisville is on the list of visits for Chatrice White (https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/721345798282326016). Apparently her Dad didn't notice that Louisville did not make the Sweet 16 this season!

Welllll.....maybe he meant at least ONCE in the last 2 seasons.... Laughing Otherwise (as you pointed out) it's a very short list from the ACC.

A little sad to hear this, but certainly not surprised.

Anybody know more about Latesha Buck from Green Bay? That one still shocks me.

PostPosted: 04/17/16 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:
Looks like she may be headed to the ACC.

Quote:
“She absolutely loves the school, loves the fans, loves her teammates — just loves everything about it. The one missing element was postseason play. That was the holdup.

Quote:
“The ones that are on her list that she’s going to visit or has visited or will be visiting here in the next couple days, it’s probably going to be ACC,” said Bob White, who didn’t reveal the list but did say his daughter was on a visit Friday. “She’s going to try and make a decision here in the next three or four weeks so she can get enrolled in the summer school, learn the new system and prepare to sit out for a year.”

OK, my money is on Louisville, Pitt, or Syracuse. But maybe, with the new coach, VA Tech? Anyone?

Based on wanting post season play, i would rule out VT and Pitt. I like Cuse and Louisville. Notre Dame?? If she goes to the PAC, I like Oregon State or Washington.

Louisville has a full roster and loads of height already, so it would be a curious destination. But it certainly meets the winning program criterion. Duke needs bodies, but why would someone go there now? Same for UNC. Syracuse could use height, as could Notre Dame. Could it be the Irish?

Louisville had a transfer out as of today, so they should have a spot. Syracuse does need the height, certainly, and she'd be a great catch for Coach Q...and being from NE, the winters there wouldn't even be a problem for her. NC State would certainly be a fine fit, and Wes Moore is a good coach. But I would not be so quick to dismiss VT now....I know Kenny Brooks and you don't. He's extremely good at developing players AND teams, and to have a player like her land in his lap would be manna from heaven.

When it was announced Kenny Brooks was hired at the Virginia Tech coach, you said Virginia Tech was a sink and he didn't care about job security (or something to that effect) and now you are so confident in him and think Virginia Tech should be dismissed as a team that will not advance to the post season. That is quite the change of heart.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/18/16 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
I'm trying to find confirmation that Whitney Jennings left Iowa for Butler of for NAIA Nebraska Wesleyan. Both have been a rumored destination.

I was at a big AAU event this past weekend in Indiana. Spoke to some parents as well as a Butler coach and Jennings will be there in the fall. They expect her to make a big impact in 2017.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/18/16 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
noleman wrote:
Looks like she may be headed to the ACC.

Quote:
“She absolutely loves the school, loves the fans, loves her teammates — just loves everything about it. The one missing element was postseason play. That was the holdup.

Quote:
“The ones that are on her list that she’s going to visit or has visited or will be visiting here in the next couple days, it’s probably going to be ACC,” said Bob White, who didn’t reveal the list but did say his daughter was on a visit Friday. “She’s going to try and make a decision here in the next three or four weeks so she can get enrolled in the summer school, learn the new system and prepare to sit out for a year.”

OK, my money is on Louisville, Pitt, or Syracuse. But maybe, with the new coach, VA Tech? Anyone?

Based on wanting post season play, i would rule out VT and Pitt. I like Cuse and Louisville. Notre Dame?? If she goes to the PAC, I like Oregon State or Washington.

Louisville has a full roster and loads of height already, so it would be a curious destination. But it certainly meets the winning program criterion. Duke needs bodies, but why would someone go there now? Same for UNC. Syracuse could use height, as could Notre Dame. Could it be the Irish?

Louisville had a transfer out as of today, so they should have a spot. Syracuse does need the height, certainly, and she'd be a great catch for Coach Q...and being from NE, the winters there wouldn't even be a problem for her. NC State would certainly be a fine fit, and Wes Moore is a good coach. But I would not be so quick to dismiss VT now....I know Kenny Brooks and you don't. He's extremely good at developing players AND teams, and to have a player like her land in his lap would be manna from heaven.

When it was announced Kenny Brooks was hired at the Virginia Tech coach, you said Virginia Tech was a sink and he didn't care about job security (or something to that effect) and now you are so confident in him and think Virginia Tech should be dismissed as a team that will not advance to the post season. That is quite the change of heart.

I said I felt VA Tech was a sink. I still think it's not the best place...it's "that school down there" with not much of a reputation (one short run with Bonnie Henrickson does not a rep make) and nothing much since. I really misread Kenny's devotion to JMU....but I didn't know how badly he was being screwed by the AD and the school, either. However, I know from experience watching Kenny's teams that he is extremely good at working with what he has, and what kind of a recruiter he is, so I think they can rise out of the muck they've been in with their last coach. I think he could do a LOT with a player like Chatrice White! He is very good at player development, and she's already most of the way there. As the centerpiece (oops, forgive the pun!) of a team of his, they could be a distinct spoiler in the SEC.

PostPosted: 04/18/16 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I said I felt VA Tech was a sink. I still think it's not the best place...it's "that school down there" with not much of a reputation (one short run with Bonnie Henrickson does not a rep make) and nothing much since. I really misread Kenny's devotion to JMU....but I didn't know how badly he was being screwed by the AD and the school, either. However, I know from experience watching Kenny's teams that he is extremely good at working with what he has, and what kind of a recruiter he is, so I think they can rise out of the muck they've been in with their last coach. I think he could do a LOT with a player like Chatrice White! He is very good at player development, and she's already most of the way there. As the centerpiece (oops, forgive the pun!) of a team of his, they could be a distinct spoiler in the SEC.

VA Tech is in the ACC.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/18/16 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

VA Tech is in the ACC.

I knew that. Editorial error, fat fingers Embarassed

PostPosted: 04/18/16 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

VA Tech is in the ACC.

I knew that. Editorial error, fat fingers Embarassed

It happens to all of us.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 04/18/16 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitney Tinjum is transferring from Bradley to Minnesota and is eligible immediately as a grad transfer. She transferred from Washington State to Bradley her sophomore year.

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/18/16 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

I don't know Kenny Brooks on a personal level, and I don't know what happened to him at James Madison, but it is unfortunate some things did happen that eventually led to him leaving. And while I don't know the history of Virginia Tech I think Kenny is a very good coach and I think he has the abilities to be a successful coach anywhere he chooses to coach. My comment wasn't meant as a knock toward you, I did like that you "had a change of heart" which probably isn't the right phrase, but looked at it from a different perspective, might be a better way to put it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/18/16 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

I don't know Kenny Brooks on a personal level, and I don't know what happened to him at James Madison, but it is unfortunate some things did happen that eventually led to him leaving. And while I don't know the history of Virginia Tech I think Kenny is a very good coach and I think he has the abilities to be a successful coach anywhere he chooses to coach. My comment wasn't meant as a knock toward you, I did like that you "had a change of heart" which probably isn't the right phrase, but looked at it from a different perspective, might be a better way to put it.

I don't LIKE Va Tech any better than I ever did, but I like and respect Brooks a lot and will be watching to see what he does down there. I guess I'm glad Sean O'Regan got the job up here at JMU; the players are happy so that means a lot. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: 04/18/16 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

I don't LIKE Va Tech any better than I ever did, but I like and respect Brooks a lot and will be watching to see what he does down there. I guess I'm glad Sean O'Regan got the job up here at JMU; the players are happy so that means a lot. We'll see what happens.

I was meaning your feelings/thoughts about Kenny Brooks not the university.

dtrain34

PostPosted: 04/18/16 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Mexico State:

Emily Hardin (JR to be) transferring to D2 Cal State-Monterey Bay

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/22/16 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VA Tech has signed Diandra Darosa of ASA (NY), said to be one of the top JUCO guards in the country. Kenny Brooks not letting any grass grow under his feet...look out, ACC, there may be a spoiler lurking!

PostPosted: 04/22/16 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
VA Tech has signed Diandra Darosa of ASA (NY), said to be one of the top JUCO guards in the country. Kenny Brooks not letting any grass grow under his feet...look out, ACC, there may be a spoiler lurking!

And where do you see that placing them in the ACC standings?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/22/16 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

And where do you see that placing them in the ACC standings?

I don't follow the ACC *at all* but I would hazard a guess that they may come out ahead of UNC and Duke this year. what I do think might happen is that they will spoil some other teams' seasons with some unlikely wins. Kenny Brooks is very good at playing the hand he's dealt. Cool

PostPosted: 04/25/16 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'2 F Batouly Camara who averaged 5.1 PPG, 4.3 RPG is leaving Kentucky.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/25/16 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn frosh Napheesa Collier played the entire season w/ a torn labrum (hip).

http://www.journalinquirer.com/sports/after-playing-in-pain-most-of-season-collier-has-surgery/article_d4c7442a-090e-11e6-9bdd-7ba6656ddcae.html

PostPosted: 04/25/16 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Madison Treece, 6-4 (2017) verbal to Kentucky has reopened her commitment. Her sis McKenna is a rising Sophomore at Oklahoma. She's from Missouri and Dayton, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, and Oklahoma were in her original sites before she verbaled the Wildcats.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/25/16 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do decommitments belong in this thread too?

Hoopgurlz 2017 #30, 6'4" Madison Treece from Missouri, has reportedly decommitted from Kentucky, according to her mom. Her sister McKenna Treece plays for OU.

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/26/16 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Hoopgurlz 2017 #30, 6'4" Madison Treece from Missouri, has reportedly decommitted from Kentucky, according to her mom. Her sister McKenna Treece plays for OU.

Useful information to know, so feel free to post it here, but in the original post I'll just add news that will affect the 2016-2017 season, like injuries, transfers, and decommitments from 2016 recruits. For instance, Kentucky had a 2016 recruit decommit today. She was slated to be on the roster this upcoming year, so I'll add her, but since Treece is still going into her senior year of HS, I won't add her for now.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 04/26/16 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Useful information to know, so feel free to post it here, but in the original post I'll just add news that will affect the 2016-2017 season, like injuries, transfers, and decommitments from 2016 recruits. For instance, Kentucky had a 2016 recruit decommit today. She was slated to be on the roster this upcoming year, so I'll add her, but since Treece is still going into her senior year of HS, I won't add her for now.

Corsaro is a huge loss for UK. She looked great in the Jordan All-Star game.

~UK~

PostPosted: 04/26/16 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Corsaro is a huge loss for UK. She looked great in the Jordan All-Star game.

I wouldn't write her off just yet. It's understandable that she wants to take other OVs.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/26/16 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What were Corsaro's other top schools?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: