RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Summitt's son abruptly resigns at Louisiana Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
There's another article from some time ago where the rumored player is talking about his open door policy and how mature he is. I can't...

It's funny how things read after the fact in light of new information. Laughing Laughing

"Enter Marquette assistant coach Tyler Summitt.
"I spent so much time with Coach Tyler, like two hours a day watching and learning the vocabulary and watching other players," ______ said. "There was so much extra time I had to spend doing that stuff. I was literally the only point guard we had when I got there so I had to learn."
A young point guard learning from a young assistant coach, countless hours mentoring through film study and more.
"________ and I have been developing a relationship for almost four years now," Summitt said. "The fact she had to be our starting point guard at Marquette as freshman and sophomore against top talent forced us to have a lot of 1-on-1 time learning how to handle the role."

Yeah, I bet you did, Tyler. Twisted Evil

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if this will make some AD's pause when thinking about hiring a male to be the women's basketball coach at their school.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

It's funny how things read after the fact in light of new information. Laughing Laughing

"I spent so much time with Coach Tyler, like two hours a day watching and learning the vocabulary and watching other players," ______ said. "There was so much extra time I had to spend doing that stuff. I was literally the only point guard we had when I got there so I had to learn."
A young point guard learning from a young assistant coach, countless hours mentoring through film study and more.
"________ and I have been developing a relationship for almost four years now," Summitt said. "The fact she had to be our starting point guard at Marquette as freshman and sophomore against top talent forced us to have a lot of 1-on-1 time learning how to handle the role."

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
About the only positive thing to be gained by identifying the player is to give the other Marquette transfer some peace.

Which would honestly be a good thing. Seems like both these players have had their names googled more today that they ever had before.

The two people I feel for are the wife and the "other" player who wasn't sleeping with Tyler.

The two ex-Marquette players have been roommates for four years since their days at Marquette. They made the decision together to transfer. Think the other one didn't know? That would surprise me.

Brinx

PostPosted: 04/08/16 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Brinx wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
About the only positive thing to be gained by identifying the player is to give the other Marquette transfer some peace.

Which would honestly be a good thing. Seems like both these players have had their names googled more today that they ever had before.

The two people I feel for are the wife and the "other" player who wasn't sleeping with Tyler.

The two ex-Marquette players have been roommates for four years since their days at Marquette. They made the decision together to transfer. Think the other one didn't know? That would surprise me.

Maybe; but I wouldn't be thrilled if my roommate let people believe it was possible I was knocked up by my coach.

DTP

PostPosted: 04/08/16 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
DTP wrote:
There's another article from some time ago where the rumored player is talking about his open door policy and how mature he is. I can't...

Or the quotes at the end of the season about how closely the program has grown as a family.... I'm too immature for this.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/08/16 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Good point.

One of the Marquette transfers still has an active twitter account on which she's retweeting about the incident: "And that bomb drops..Tyler Summitt steps down at Tech."

Another issue that should be important: What did the rest of the coaching staff know about this? It would be hard to conceal such a relationship. If one or more of the other coaches knew and didn't report it, they are complicit.

Didn't one of Pokey's assistants essentially turn her in?
mercfan

PostPosted: 04/08/16 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I wonder if this will make some AD's pause when thinking about hiring a male to be the women's basketball coach at their school.

I don't think it's any different with female coaches. People who are like this are going to conduct themselves innapropriatly no matter what sex they are. Good AD's will see this.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/08/16 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

I don't think it's any different with female coaches. People who are like this are going to conduct themselves innapropriatly no matter what sex they are. Good AD's will see this.

No kidding are people already forgetting about Pokey? Didn't hurt her coaching career much either.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 04/08/16 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

No kidding are people already forgetting about Pokey? Didn't hurt her coaching career much either.

She is done in the NCAA, just like Brian Aglar, just like Tyler. Done.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/08/16 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Got this off another website

Quote:
the player was with him at his previous assistant coaching job and transferred to LaTech to be with him

I think that narrows it down to two. Not sure how people are concluding which of the two it is.

Wait a few months; it'll be obvious.

I wonder if Marquette is doing a little investigation of its own.

Marquette may do an investigation but they may be limited in what they can do as there's no staff remaining from when Summitt was here and only one player left from that time.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/08/16 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a website called blacksportsonline that quite blatantly identifies the player.
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/08/16 6:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeff Eisenberg's Yahoo Sports column on the topic.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/08/16 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Pokey didn't get anyone pregnant.

Pokey's relationship was with a former player. She was essentially fired for being a lesbian. Hence the quick settlement by LSU when she filed suit. It seems unlikely Summitt will get paid off in the same manner.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Pokey's relationship was with a former player. She was essentially fired for being a lesbian. Hence the quick settlement by LSU when she filed suit. It seems unlikely Summitt will get paid off in the same manner.

Pokey never had a relationship with anyone on the roster?

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Any repercussions expected for the player?

She no longer has a boyfriend.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Good point.

One of the Marquette transfers still has an active twitter account on which she's retweeting about the incident: "And that bomb drops..Tyler Summitt steps down at Tech."

Another issue that should be important: What did the rest of the coaching staff know about this? It would be hard to conceal such a relationship. If one or more of the other coaches knew and didn't report it, they are complicit.

Didn't one of Pokey's assistants essentially turn her in?

There's also that Tyler's wife is still facebook friends with one of them.

I googled 'Tyler Summitt player' last night and found the following website:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2016/04/07/tyler-summitt-pregnant-player-resigned-pat-summitt-son/

Quote:
The allegation of Louisiana Tech women’s basketball coach Tyler Summitt – the son of legendary Tennessee women’s coach Pat Summitt – impregnating one of his players has been swirling in the Busted direct messages on Twitter since this morning when I was contacted by a former La. Tech athlete who warned that this story was about to break out of control.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Did you just say "Pokey didnt get anyone pregnant?" ROFL...No kidding.

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This piece on Tyler Summitt, done by the Billy Graham foundation in 2013 should be read.

http://billygraham.org/story/god-moves-this-summitt-away-from-rocky-top/

Ex-Ref

PlayBally'all wrote:
pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Did you just say "Pokey didnt get anyone pregnant?" ROFL...No kidding.

And she wasn't married (that I know of) or in another relationship.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

Is he one of those classic bible-quoting, wholesome southern Christian males?

If so, I love the duplicity.

So this is how an LV fan's year gets worse...amazing.

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Any repercussions expected for the player?

Like what? Withhold her degree?

Or remove her from the team if any eligibility is left.

That would make sense to me.

That would never happen. Its just not the way it works. Realistically, she isn't a victim, but she is treated as a victim in this scenario.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/08/16 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Is he one of those classic bible-quoting, wholesome southern Christian males?

If so, I love the duplicity.

So this is how an LV fan's year gets worse...amazing.

Google 'tyler summitt' and you get this:

Quote:
Tyler Summitt - Home
www.tylersummitt.com/index.html
Official website for Coach Tyler Summitt. Christian, husband, son, women's basketball coach, co-founder of the Pat Summitt Foundation and public speaker.

Click on it and it says 'page not found.'

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 04/08/16 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
This piece on Tyler Summitt, done by the Billy Graham foundation in 2013 should be read.

http://billygraham.org/story/god-moves-this-summitt-away-from-rocky-top/

In fairness, the Billy Graham Foundation is run by Franklin Graham, who is nothing like his father. It is a classic read for the sake of hypocrisy though.

Brinx

PostPosted: 04/08/16 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tyler disabled his Twitter account as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: