RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Summitt's son abruptly resigns at Louisiana Tech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Maybe they were/are in love, I think it's unnecessary to be calling him names and stuff like that.

1. He was her coach. He is in a position of authority over her.
2. He was married.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kool-aide wrote:

Those two rules have little to do with coaches sleeping with players. Older bosses/professors/coaches than 30 have slept with subordinates.

Yeah.....maybe I'm overreacting,but he's still a fuckboi.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Wow....what a fuckboi.His career is over and rightfully so.This little pervert probably had his eyes set on this girl before he ever Became Head Coach.

New NCAA mandatory rules:

1.Every coach must have 5 years assistant coaching experience before there is any consideration for a HC position.

2.There should be a minimum age requirement of 30 years old for any HC position.

Damn the age discrimination laws, full speed ahead!

Actually no age discrimination laws of which I am aware applies to minimum ages or people under 30. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibits employment discrimination against persons 40 years of age or older.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Maybe they were/are in love, I think it's unnecessary to be calling him names and stuff like that.

1. He was her coach. He is in a position of authority over her.
2. He was married.

Bingo!
It's not hard to figure out.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Future signees and verbals are decommitting.

2016 Jaida Roper out of Memphis has received release and 2017 Madison Williams has reopened her recruiting.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Geez he'd have a difficult time getting a job coaching at the YMCA now.

Don't be so pessimistic and ahistorical. This is just a picayune Pelican State peccadillo. In three years Tyler will be making a million dollars a year coaching the top Russian team in the Euroleague, and in five years he'll be coaching the Chicago Sky.

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 04/07/16 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can anyone think of a similar previous situation...male WCBB coach, inappropriate relationship, pregnancy? Or is this one record the Summitt family could have done without? I feel so sorry for Pat. And the dumbass's wife.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
These rumors have been active on the LaTech and other boards for several days. Since the rumors have turned out to be substantially true, the identity of the player involved can probably be narrowed down from the info on those boards.

Yeah, I read that LA Tech board thread and then did a little roster checking, it was pretty easy to figure out. Well, assuming I'm right, it was easy.

And since he broke Coaching Rule #1, anyone who ever even thinks of employing him as a coach of women again should join him on the unemployment line.

And for those who don't know Coaching Rule #1, it is this:

IF YOU COACH THEM, YOU CAN'T FUCK THEM!

I mean really...what is so goddamn hard to understand about this relatively simple to understand rule?

Last edited by Youth Coach on 04/07/16 9:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
huskerwbbfan23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess, "hey can you come in my office for a sec" means something different at La Tech.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Geez he'd have a difficult time getting a job coaching at the YMCA now.

Don't be so pessimistic and ahistorical. This is just a picayune Pelican State peccadillo. In three years Tyler will be making a million dollars a year coaching the top Russian team in the Euroleague, and in five years he'll be coaching the Chicago Sky.

I'd say it might take 10 years to take the top Russian team to Euroleague and 20 years to Coach the sky to a WnBA runner up. Unlike Pokey, Tyler hasn't proven he can coach a damn.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/07/16 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other thing that pisses me off is the stupid statement of his that talks about respecting his privacy.

Dude, you are a public figure who has just gotten caught red handed (or red penised) in a massively epic fail. You have a future of no privacy coming your way.

By the way, while most sites aren't naming the player involved, I just saw one website that had no qualms about putting her name out there as the player rumored to be the impregnated one.
zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got this off another website

Quote:
the player was with him at his previous assistant coaching job and transferred to LaTech to be with him

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskerwbbfan23 wrote:
I guess, "hey can you come in my office for a sec" means something different at La Tech.

I thought you said 'for a sec', not 'for sex'" Razz

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Quote:
the player was with him at his previous assistant coaching job and transferred to LaTech to be with him

I think that narrows it down to two. Not sure how people are concluding which of the two it is.

Wait a few months; it'll be obvious.

I wonder if Marquette is doing a little investigation of its own.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

I think that narrows it down to two. Not sure how people are concluding which of the two it is.

It may not be obvious in a few months; word is that there is still more spinning to this story.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

I saw a site that had the name blacked out and it's pretty obvious based on the letters (assuming she is one of the two that transferred).

dtrain34

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LaTech "won the press conference" when they hired Pat Summit's son, not Tyler Summit per se. Today, after mediocre seasons with him in charge, they suffered a "blowout defeat press conference."

DTP

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish someone would just tell me the player's name...wasting so much time on this when i could be enjoying the Spurs/Warriors game rn.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About the only positive thing to be gained by identifying the player is to give the other Marquette transfer some peace.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's just another plot by Tennessee to upstage UConn and push their championship off the front page. Very Happy Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is from an article from about a year ago.

Quote:
“It’s not about wins and championships,” said Summitt. “Those things are great but it’s about relationships. Helping these young ladies improve at life and not just basketball and that’s why I think the women’s game is so special.”

Priorities. Confused

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DTP

PostPosted: 04/07/16 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's another article from some time ago where the rumored player is talking about his open door policy and how mature he is. I can't...

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtrain34 wrote:
LaTech "won the press conference" when they hired Pat Summit's son, not Tyler Summit per se. Today, after mediocre seasons with him in charge, they suffered a "blowout defeat press conference."

BTW, did you notice the ESPN headline. Not "Tyler Summitt knocks up player" but "Summitt's son abruptly resigns at Louisiana Tech"

Just like when he was hired. Pat's kid. Oh you mean he has a first name?

He has no legacy. Unfortunately this gets appended to hers. But then, that's why he got the job in the first place.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I think that narrows it down to two. Not sure how people are concluding which of the two it is..

I feel bad for the player that has no involvement in this situation.

ArtBest23 wrote:
IWait a few months; it'll be obvious.

Hopefully this is not the case

ArtBest23 wrote:

Hopefully.I believe this would be the proper course of action when a situation like this arises.

Last edited by zune69 on 04/10/16 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brinx

PostPosted: 04/07/16 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
About the only positive thing to be gained by identifying the player is to give the other Marquette transfer some peace.

Which would honestly be a good thing. Seems like both these players have had their names googled more today that they ever had before.

The two people I feel for are the wife and the "other" player who wasn't sleeping with Tyler.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: