RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lauren Cox named WBCA HS POY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/16 1:19 pm    ::: Lauren Cox named WBCA HS POY Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wbca.org/pages/RELEASES_2015-16_031016_Player_of_the_Year_Lauren_Cox_headlines_2016_HS_Coaches_All-America_Team

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/10/16 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between Brown and Mompremier someone will end up being the odd man out.
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 03/12/16 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you'll see two of the three playing at a time quite a bit--with Davis playing almost exclusively at the three. There still will be a bit of a logjam with Prince, Jones and Wallace -- especially if someone else ends up at PG.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/12/16 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who else would end up at PG? If she doesn't declare early, Jones is the obvious choice at PG.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 03/14/16 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Who else would end up at PG? If she doesn't declare early, Jones is the obvious choice at PG.

Don't know. Jones doesn't appear to be a "natural" PG, so I think Kim might try hard to find someone else. She doesn't appear to have much faith in Dry, so not likely her. My understanding is Chou is more of a #2, so it's not clear to me. Could end up being a committee of Jones and Wallace I guess.

Kind of surprising for Kim not to have a natural PG in the fold. There hasn't been many times that has been true.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/14/16 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mediocre class, in my opinion. Surprised Jackie Young didn't make the AA team.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/16 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
Shades wrote:

Don't know. Jones doesn't appear to be a "natural" PG, so I think Kim might try hard to find someone else. She doesn't appear to have much faith in Dry, so not likely her. My understanding is Chou is more of a #2, so it's not clear to me. Could end up being a committee of Jones and Wallace I guess.

Kind of surprising for Kim not to have a natural PG in the fold. There hasn't been many times that has been true.

Jones has put up 146 assists, despite playing with the nation's assist leader (286). Seems pretty natural to me. She'll probably be flirting with 200 assists next year.

I'm seeing the depth chart something like this
Jones/Gulley
Wallace/Chou
Davis/Prince
Cox/Cave
Mompremier/Brown

Not bad... I think they'll do pretty well.

I noticed Baylor also has a #40 recruit coming in as a PG next year.
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/189204/calveion-landrum

In 2017, two of the top 6 recruits are PG's from TX. What are the odds Mulkey picks up one or both of them?

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/15/16 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:
Shades wrote:

Jones has put up 146 assists, despite playing with the nation's assist leader (286). Seems pretty natural to me. She'll probably be flirting with 200 assists next year.

I'm seeing the depth chart something like this
Jones/Gulley
Wallace/Chou
Davis/Prince
Cox/Cave
Mompremier/Brown

Not bad... I think they'll do pretty well.

I noticed Baylor also has a #40 recruit coming in as a PG next year.
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/189204/calveion-landrum

In 2017, two of the top 6 recruits are PG's from TX. What are the odds Mulkey picks up one or both of them?

Chasity Patterson isn't looking at Baylor, Alexis Morris is. I can't see Brown or her family ok with Brown being a 4 year back up...
Shades

PostPosted: 03/22/16 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didi Richards declares to Baylor for 2017

Quote:
Richards at one point was committed to Texas but decided to evaluate her commitment in 2015.

“Having coach Mulkey as a coach is an honor with all of the success she has had,” Richards said.

For Baylor, the addition of Richards gives them one of the premier players in the country for the class of 2017. At 6-foot-2, Richards will be able to play as a full time wing for coach Kim Mulkey and her staff. With her size and length Richards has the potential to develop into one of the better defenders in the country. She is long enough to guard interior players but has the quickness to guard on the perimeter as well. Offensively, Richards has the ability to contribute as well. She has a strong pull-up jumper and is comfortable attacking the rim to convert plays or make a pass.

What might be most impressive about Richards’s game right now is her maturity. She shows a great deal of poise when she plays and one thing she does on a consistent basis is compete. Long term there is still a lot of room for Richards to grow. She has the ability to impact the game in a variety of ways. Figuring out how and when to use all of her tools will allow her to be a complete player.

https://prospectsnation.com/story/no-10-richards-baylor

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/22/16 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
I think you'll see two of the three playing at a time quite a bit--with Davis playing almost exclusively at the three. There still will be a bit of a logjam with Prince, Jones and Wallace -- especially if someone else ends up at PG.

Nice problem to have.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 08/30/16 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="#Occasionalwnbafan"][quote="Shades"]
TechDawgMc wrote:
Shades wrote:

Chasity Patterson isn't looking at Baylor, Alexis Morris is. I can't see Brown or her family ok with Brown being a 4 year back up...

Seems to be looking stronger.

BAY is UConn South with all their talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: