RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A couple of branches of Pat's coaching tree bearing fruit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/13/16 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Missouri State beat Loyola last night 91-81 in OT. Tyonna Snow scored 41 points.

I looked at the box score and said, "Well when you put her at the line for 29 shots, chances are she's going to score a lot of points."

She hit 21 out of 29 free throws.

The team has a lot of talent and Kellie Harper seems to be getting them aimed in the right direction for postseason play.

And the following was tweeted by NCAA Women's BKB (and retweeted by Kellie Harper, who I follow), along with a pic and graphic illustrating the stats:
"After all, the forecast did call for a record output of Snow this weekend."
41 points
12 rebounds.
7 steals

Not too shabby! Coupled with what sounds like a free-for-all (or refs with new whistles) it must have been some game!

PostPosted: 02/16/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
Missouri State beat Loyola last night 91-81 in OT. Tyonna Snow scored 41 points.

I looked at the box score and said, "Well when you put her at the line for 29 shots, chances are she's going to score a lot of points."

She hit 21 out of 29 free throws.

The team has a lot of talent and Kellie Harper seems to be getting them aimed in the right direction for postseason play.

And the following was tweeted by NCAA Women's BKB (and retweeted by Kellie Harper, who I follow), along with a pic and graphic illustrating the stats:
"After all, the forecast did call for a record output of Snow this weekend."
41 points
12 rebounds.
7 steals

Not too shabby! Coupled with what sounds like a free-for-all (or refs with new whistles) it must have been some game!

I finally watched the replay yesterday afternoon....ye gods, what a free-for-all! But it was a good, hard-fought game on both sides. The fouls weren't dirty, just physical play.

PostPosted: 03/06/16 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missouri State really capped off the regular season nicely. They finished 21-9 with their last four games seeing them hold opponents under 50 points.
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/13/16 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kellie Harper's team won their conference title and will play in the NCAA tournament!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/13/16 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She looks a bit different from the last time she took a team to the dance! Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/14/16 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She looks a bit different from the last time she took a team to the dance! Very Happy

Looks good to me.

At 24-9, she really has brought Missouri State back around.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/14/16 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2016/3/14/11212520/womens-hoops-the-decline-and-the-dropoff

"Should you need proof or confirmation, WAFB ran a piece providing all the numbers needed to show the program is in a decline since the 2000's. In summation, wins are down, revenue is down, and attendance is down. Perhaps the most eye-brow raising part of the WAFB segment was that Nikki Fargas is the fourth highest paid LSU head coach. A case could be made in previous years that the women’s basketball team was the fourth "best" program on campus, but certainly not now. If nothing else, Beth Torina and D-D Breaux deserve raises."

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/14/16 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Looks good to me.

Last time she took a team to the dance, she was wearing orange with sneakers and had her hair in a tight french braid Laughing A classy player always, but not the extremely classy lady we see here! Love me some Kellie and always did.

A Twitter pic, which I have no idea how to get to here, showed her son Jackson kissing the trophy. Reminded me a bit of Tyler in his early days! He's adorable.

PostPosted: 03/14/16 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Looks good to me.

Last time she took a team to the dance, she was wearing orange with sneakers and had her hair in a tight french braid Laughing A classy player always, but not the extremely classy lady we see here! Love me some Kellie and always did.

A Twitter pic, which I have no idea how to get to here, showed her son Jackson kissing the trophy. Reminded me a bit of Tyler in his early days! He's adorable.

You mean this one?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/14/16 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Last time she took a team to the dance, she was wearing orange with sneakers and had her hair in a tight french braid Laughing

I believe she took Western Carolina to the dance twice, and NC State once, in the interim.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/14/16 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

True that. I forgot. Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: