RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New DNS with Voepel on NCAA (and WNBA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/04/16 4:08 pm    ::: New DNS with Voepel on NCAA (and WNBA) Reply Reply with quote

Voepel and I chatted yesterday on both NCAA and WNBA basketball.

Link is here: https://t.co/84Q5sX0k4f

On NCAA front topics include:

- UConn and South Carolina ahead of their game Monday night; does South Carolina have what it takes to beat UConn?
- The differences between this year’s Huskies and prior years, including the approach Geno Auriemma seems to have toward playing time.
- Who has the best chance at defeating UConn? Baylor? Notre Dame? South Carolina? Someone else?
- A look at the selection committee’s first top ten list, and with that the rise of the Pac -12. Can it last?
- What is going in with Tennessee and the SEC as a whole? Can it be turned around and if so how?
- Are the rule changes having an impact in what we are seeing this year? Especially the four quarters and the advancing the ball in the last two minutes on an out of bounds play.

PRballer

PostPosted: 02/04/16 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very excited to hear it and it didn't disappoint. Lots of topics to cover, but can you have her a back a few more times? Very Happy

Quick thought: She thinks highly of Niya Johnson and I would be curious to hear how she thinks her game could translate to the next level.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/05/16 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know someone here who won't like her analogy of playing SCar is like playing on Broadway while playing in the AAC is like playing at the local small town dinner theater.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/05/16 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She also had some great comments on other topics (Goestenkors being a truly great coach and somewhat underappreciated; discussion of WNBA team sources telling the truth when it comes to draft prospects).

Very enjoyable and informative interview.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/05/16 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I know someone here who won't like her analogy of playing SCar is like playing on Broadway while playing in the AAC is like playing at the local small town dinner theater.

I think it's a good analogy, but I'd say it's more off-broadway. Playing Notre Dame is Broadway.

And the analogy applies equally to the difference between playing UConn and playing any other school.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: