RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

She earned me as a new fan with this....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/28/16 9:49 am    ::: She earned me as a new fan with this.... Reply Reply with quote

Clay should love this too.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.html?key=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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/16 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if she realizes Romeo was busted last year for smoking pot.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/marijuana-remains-an-issue-for-nebraska-athletes/article_5b645580-dc0c-11e4-8895-eba3b4e2ca8e.html

"You gotta put down that phone.... and that weed... and get into the gym!"

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/28/16 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who is the woman in the OP?

PostPosted: 01/28/16 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
who is the woman in the OP?

Bobbie Kelsey, (born December 30, 1972) a native of Pontiac, Michigan and who grew up in Decatur, GA, is the Head Coach of the women's basketball program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

She previously was an assistant coach for Stanford University, and a four-year player for the Cardinal. Kelsey spent three years as an assistant coach at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater prior to the 2007-08 campaign. She has also held assistant coaching positions at Western Carolina, Evansville, Florida, and Boise State.

Durantula

PostPosted: 01/28/16 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting rant but I wonder if some of it is misplaced. Wisconsin is a bad team, but at least they are 4th in the Big Ten in three point shooting. Conversely they are last place in 3 point defense. So is their problem that they can't shoot, which is what this rant makes it seem like, or do they just not guard anyone?

Given how bad the team has been in her time there, its almost like the rant should be directed at her to recruit better. UWGB has been a better program than UW for years now even though they don't have the facilities, budget, recruiting reach, exposure that UW has. I guess she can blame social media and stuff for her players not shooting but maybe she should recruit better.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/28/16 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not clear on exactly what the question to her was about, but one can't really deny her argument.

Recruit better? Certainly might help. I don't know why The Badgers can be SOO strong in the men's department, and just the opposite in the female division. Wasn't Jolene Anderson the last (only?) pro prospect to come out of WI? And yes, Green Bay does much better at the recruitment thing, even with their musical (coaching) chair. Bobbi's had enough time to make a difference. Maybe it's just not gonna happen with her??

PostPosted: 01/28/16 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The team was bad before she got there. It has been bad since Jane Albright left and they made the bonehead decision to hire Lisa Stone from Drake (was that her name? She was so bad at that level that I've blotted it out) *simply* because she was female. Now she had done fine at Drake but she was absolutely NOT ready to make the step to the big time. The gossip I heard was that Albright had pretty much promised her job to Al Brown when she hired him away from Tennessee. (That was back when my dad was still on the athletic board at UT and I was in the position to hear a lot of stuff.) But the people who got the power there disregarded her wishes and went over the AD's head, and since the then AD, Pat Richter, really didn't give that much of a damn anyway, they got their way and got their female coach and the team, which had been at least respectable previously, went downhill. That coach lasted 4 seasons. They are actually *better* now than they were. But Barry Alvarez is a football guy like Richter and cares even less about WBB than Richter did. This is not to excuse Kelsey, but to give you some back story.

WBB has had a hard time at UW. When Albright was there it was a pretty respectable program and got some decent players, but they never had a big recruiting budget. As with most of the old established B1G schools (to distinguish them from the relative newcomers like Penn State, Maryland, Nebraska, and Rutgers) football reigns, followed by MBB. Then, for the northern schools, comes hockey. Even women's hockey! WBB would be in at least 5th place at Wisconsin. So there you have it. In that situation, Kelsey is is not doing all that badly. At least she's not Matt Bollant.......

PostPosted: 01/28/16 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Not clear on exactly what the question to her was about, but one can't really deny her argument.

Natalie Romeo hit 8 threes last night - tying the school record she set against Penn State two weeks ago. I think they asked about her thoughts about Romeo's performance

FS02

PostPosted: 01/30/16 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread is screwed up but...

I was gonna post a story about how *I* actually have a strong tendency to be lazy-as-fuck, but luckily my parents found a way to motivate me.

They figured out the secret when I was 15, and I ended up getting straight-A's and going to college.

But anyway, the moral is that I don't think there are many completely lazy people.

Evolution would have weeded out that gene long ago.

I don't think "these kids today" are any lazier than any other generation.

The minute I hear someone saying any such nonsense, I immediately think they are perhaps the wrong person to be working with these young people.

The secret to leading anybody is finding the right button to push.

Maybe Bobbie is on to something with her rant though, maybe that will get them going.

Or maybe she is just frustrated and flailing around because she can't find the magic button.

PostPosted: 01/31/16 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:

I know I've experienced some things that would contradict that. For example, in gardening season, I like to hire a local kid or 2 do do yard jobs for me. Typically, it's a 12-15 year old, and his brother. I pay $10/cash with snacks in the deal, too.

The average kid simply does NOT perform very impressively....COMPARED TO THEIR MENNONITE OR AMISH PEERS. The 'regular' kids are slow and unmotivated by the $10/hr. I seldom have repeat performances--I won't have them back. The Mennonite kids are amazing, and I have them as long as they are willing and able. (and, by the way, the cash they earn is turned over to their parents, asap) The difference? Regular kids can't wait to get to their phones/friends/ANYthing that isn't work. Mennonite kids simply do not have those cultural influences to distract them.

Simple distillation? Yes, Kids TODAY have far many more 'distractions' to keep them from focusing on the hard work of athletics. Now, I'm not at all certain that's what Bobbi K was referring to, but as a point, I'd disagree that kids today are generally as motivated and self-sacrificing as a generation ago.

PostPosted: 01/31/16 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
This thread is screwed up but...

The minute I hear someone saying any such nonsense, I immediately think they are perhaps the wrong person to be working with these young people.

The secret to leading anybody is finding the right button to push.

Maybe Bobbie is on to something with her rant though, maybe that will get them going.

Or maybe she is just frustrated and flailing around because she can't find the magic button.

Video games, social media, and those damn phones on every kid's ear or in their hands have changed some kids and how they interact. That, in my opinion, has made some less capable of handling the rigors and discipline that are required in many situations.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/16 9:49 pm    ::: Re: She earned me as a new fan with this.... Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Clay should love this too.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.html?key=eyJtIjoiZ3JheSIsInAiOiJkZWZhdWx0IiwidiI6IjM0MTA3NDgiLCJwbHVnaW5zIjp7ImRmcCI6eyJjbGllbnRTaWRlIjp7ImFkVGFnVXJsIjoiaHR0cDovL3B1YmFkcy5nLmRvdWJsZWNsaWNrLm5ldC9nYW1wYWQvYWRzP3N6PTY0MHg0ODAmaXU9LzMwMTcyMTcxNS9LT0xOJmNpdV9zenMmaW1wbD1zJmdkZnBfcmVxPTEmYWRfcnVsZT0xJnZwb3M9cHJlcm9sbCZlbnY9dnAmb3V0cHV0PXhtbF92YXN0MiZ1bnZpZXdlZF9wb3NpdGlvbl9zdGFydD0xJmNvcnJlbGF0b3I9Jyt0cysnJmNtc2lkPTI3NSZ2aWQ9QU5WX0dSVFZfMzQxMDc0OCJ9fSwiYW5hbHl0aWNzIjp7InBkYiI6MzMzMDY1MzcsInNlcnZlclVSTCI6Imh0dHA6Ly9hbmFseXRpY3MtdjIuYW52YXRvLmNvbS9WaWRlb0FuYWx5dGljcy9zcmMvdmlkZW9fbG9nLnBocCJ9fX0=" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

Omg yessssssssss i cant lie she just gave me life and brought the 429 out of me omg 😂😂😂😂👀😂👀👀👀 #SecretPotions 😫

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: